• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Timberwolves at Hawks -- the MLK Day Game!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Something about our team chemistry is off. JC isn’t a near 20 ppg scorer anymore. Turnovers are crazy. Promote Nate McMillan ?

Deandre and Clint were our MVP's tonight. 

Kevin played very well with 17/7/8.

John's 5 blocks were much needed and he scored on good efficiency. 

Trae needs to slow down a bit. Alot of the times it looks like he wants to either score or get the assist. The offense works well when you keep the ball moving. Not every touch has to lead to a score. But that'll work out with more games played so I'm not worried.

Those turnovers were terrible.

Edited by aali34
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

This is big!  If we can get even 80% of the Trae from last year, this team will be rolling if the other guys continue their good play.  Cam even had a very good game his last game.  Patience is key.   They still have a lot to work on and everyone's brought up valid points about the play, but I'm super optimistic for the team.   The defense and rebounding has been good the last few games, except that Utah game.   That's encouraging. 

Like North pointed out, Trae is playing too fast at times and it's not neccessary.  The floater he made at the 2 minute mark, he was patient and let the play develop - that's what we need, a patient Trae. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Def didn't take everything we had to beat a Minnesota team by 11. We had damn near 30 turnovers.  Just sloppy play.   We complain when we lose complain about how we win. I'll take ugly wins all damn season than a pretty loss.  

Glad we got the win. But we need to play better to beat good teams.

• Like 3

Just now, bleachkit said:

Glad we got the win. But we need to play better to beat good teams.

That's obvious, but wins are hard to come by in the NBA.  They need to learn how to win close games.  This is a game, the team can look at the film and see how they closed it out.  There weren't too many bad shots down the stretch, they slowed down and tried to run the offense at least. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Like North pointed out, Trae is playing too fast at times and it's not neccessary.  The floater he made at the 2 minute mark, he was patient and let the play develop - that's what we need, a patient Trae. 

Y'all talking about Trae like its his rookie season LOL!

1 minute ago, mrhonline said:

Sure, as long as you talk about his ability to create shots and spacing for others, too.  People on here are taking those two things for granted at this point, which is ridiculous.

Agree, that's why I said you can't ONLY talk about the turnovers. 

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Y'all talking about Trae like its his rookie season LOL!

You're talking about him like he's a 10 year vet. ..LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hace 2 minutos, aali34 dijo:

Exactly, how can anyone be down on him when he's trying to transition to better team ball? Once it clicks some of yall will owe that man an apology.

I’ll tell you why, because he is not moving at all, because is clear he is not trying, because it seems he is not believing in what he is been asked to do.

We look bad and Travis need to fix this. Obvious choice is coach, there are no authomatisms on offense and is stupid, everyone takes more shots than Trae and Collins. You need to preserve the value of your team.  

10 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Deandre and Clint were our MVP's tonight. 

Kevin played very well with 17/7/8.

John's 5 blocks were much needed and he scored on good efficiency. 

Trae needs to slow down a bit. Alot of the times it looks like he wants to either score or get the assist. The offense works well when you keep the ball moving. Not every touch has to lead to a score. But that'll work out with more games played so I'm not worried.

Those turnovers were terrible.

I agree with all of this

• Like 1