• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Timberwolves at Hawks -- the MLK Day Game!

lethalweapon3

Just now, NBASupes said:

This division is ass

Not really. Its the COVID effect. This ass division as you call it had two bubble playoff teams last year. One went to the finals. I think its just a weird environment to play in and will take a lot longer than 13 games for players to adjust. Now throw in a whole new bench to get use to and things get more interesting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Not really. Its the COVID effect. This ass division as you call it had two bubble playoff teams last year. One went to the finals. I think its just a weird environment to play in and will take a lot longer than 13 games for players to adjust. Now throw in a whole new bench to get use to and things get more interesting.

The entire league is dealing with COVID

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

One thing I saw that I really liked - we figured on Wolves zone.  We struggled against it against the Hornets.  Instead of passing around the perimeter then launching a 3, we worked it inside for some great looks. :good:

CC and JC had one of their best game together so far.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

One thing I saw that I really liked - we figured on Wolves zone.  We struggled against it against the Hornets.  Instead of passing around the perimeter then launching a 3, we worked it inside for some great looks. :good:

I agree 100%. With the size we have with Capela, Collins, and Hunter there is no reason to sit back on threes all game long. There is a match up somewhere to be exploited. Huerter is not short for a shooting guard either and he worked his way inside several times.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I agree.   Twitter already complaining about John only having 8 shots but the team played together and won.   Trae only 8 shots.   

The rest of the story is John had 8 shots but Goodwin got 10 and hit 1

• Haha 1

@Peoriabird, my issue with you, is you never say one good thing about Trae, because of his shot selection.  It's fair to criticize his shot selection, but it seems you've let that overwhelm your entire view point of him.  If you want to trade him for some other, point guard that's on you, but please don't celebrate him once he gets it together and act like you didn't have his back through rough times.  

If you're right about him and he never improves his shot selection and the Hawks can't win with him, then I'd gladly make a post exalting your great wisdom.  If he actually improves, please don't act like you were here supporting him when you want to trade him for a Ja Morant.

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

CC and JC had one of their best game together so far.

I'm really digging Collins in the mid-post/mid-range (he just needs to make a quicker decision sometimes).  That's a money shot for him.  Like you said it's 13 games in, it's gonna take time to work out the kinks.  If the players are willing to share the ball like today - 32 assists - everyone gets a piece of the pie and we WIN.

• Like 3

Guys if you look at any advanced stats metric, Collins and Hunter are the best players on the team, next is Capela. I am confident Young can bounce back but on a true team his offense will get lost, he doesn’t know how to move if he does not have the ball on his hands every time. Defense and TO are going to be always a problem. I am not saying he is not a star or a good player but I don’t see a superstar there, I am sorry. 

the hype train was at full speed at the beginning of the season. Any of those players are playing better than Trae, those are not dumb trades specially when you are supposed to get something more.

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The entire league is dealing with COVID

No kidding and its why its so upside down at times. Not only for Miami and Orlando. But a team like Dallas gets beat by Chicago twice and blown out by 19 by the Hornets.

Strange days. Strange NBA games and standings also.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, marco102 said:

@Peoriabird, my issue with you, is you never say one good thing about Trae, because of his shot selection.  It's fair to criticize his shot selection, but it seems you've let that overwhelm your entire view point of him.  If you want to trade him for some other, point guard that's one you, but please don't celebrate him once he gets it together and act like you didn't have his back through rough times.  

If you're right about him and he never improves his shot selection and the Hawks can't win with him, then I'd gladly make a post exalting your great wisdom.  If he actually improves, please don't act like you were here supporting him when you want to trade him for a Ja Morant.

Did I suggest a trade or said he would not improve?  Why are you so focused on me that you make up stuff?  The other poster admitted that he proposed the trade but you act like I did.  What gives?

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm really digging Collins in the mid-post/mid-range (he just needs to make a quicker decision sometimes).  That's a money shot for him.  Like you said it's 13 games in, it's gonna take time to work out the kinks.  If the players are willing to share the ball like today - 32 assists - everyone gets a piece of the pie and we WIN.

His midrange shot has been an excellent surprise.  That wins you games in the playoffs when teams are taking away the three and the paint.  Hunter's been great in that area too.  Also, Kevin's improved a ton in the midrange.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

His midrange shot has been an excellent surprise.  That wins you games in the playoffs when teams are taking away the three and the paint.  Hunter's been great in that area too.  Also, Kevin's improved a ton in the midrange.  

I think most forget Collins was a post up guy in College.  It hasn't been a staple so far in his 1st 3 years - I think I have seen more post plays for Collins in these 13 games than I've seen in his previous 3 years

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Did I suggest a trade or said he would not improve?  Why are you so focused me that you make up stuff?  The other poster admitted that he proposed the trade but you act like I did.  What gives?

So why do you post so much hate about him like he won't improve.  HIS shot selection and turnovers. All you post about.  You never say, well damn, Trae just got us 20 points on 8 shots, had 13 assists with 6 turnovers, for a two one assist ratio, and 8 freaking rebounds.  However, he needs to cut down the turnovers and I'd love to see some improved shot selection. 

The ONLY thing I see you post is the negative about Trae Young.  Now, I've become accustom to your Lloyd Pierce hate, but it seems for you to always be defending every bad thing said about every other player on the team, you should have a little more nuance in your criticisms.  

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Leonard rode his midrange shot all the way to a championship with Toronto. I can't believe teams continued to focus on jacking up threes after witnessing that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1