• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Timberwolves at Hawks -- the MLK Day Game!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Also.. 

While I'm giving Kudos to LP...

If LP was to lose his job, I know who we should consider...

Vince Carter!!!!

This is not BKLN got Nash so we should get Carter...

This is listening to Carter coaching from the Booth during the 4th quarter.  With his experience (including playing for Dean Smith), the respect he garners from players, and his articulation.. I think he might make a very good coach.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Also..

If LP was to lose his job, I know who we should consider...

Vince Carter!!!!

This is not BKLN got Nash so we should get Carter...

This is listening to Carter coaching from the Booth during the 4th quarter.  With his experience (including playing for Dean Smith), the respect he garners from players, and his articulation.. I think he might make a very good coach.

I thought we were done with tanking!  Get a real coach in here

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is also why I keep saying that the Hawks should NEVER go small.  This advantage can happen all throughout the game, if LP simply plays one of the young bigs alongside Capela and Collins at all times.  At the end of the day though, Collins and Capela need to be playing alongside each other at least 20 - 24 minutes a game.

IF we stay big, we'll continue to be better defensively, and can survive scoring droughts.

When Gallinari gets back it will be interesting to see how he is used. LP likes Collins at the 5 and Gallinari at the 4. He even had Gallinari looking like the 5 with Huerter, Hunter, and Reddish on the floor once.

He drives me nuts with the weird ass lineups he throws out there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I mean someone like Nick Nurse

You know that Nurse's first coaching job was a player coach??

Well, if you want somebody with as many stints as Nurse in the minor League... Lloyd Pierce is your man.

Or maybe you want Joseph Blair

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is also why I keep saying that the Hawks should NEVER go small.  This advantage can happen all throughout the game, if LP simply plays one of the young bigs alongside Capela and Collins at all times.  At the end of the day though, Collins and Capela need to be playing alongside each other at least 20 - 24 minutes a game.

IF we stay big, we'll continue to be better defensively, and can survive scoring droughts.

What's the combined minutes of Cap and JC?

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What's the combined minutes of Cap and JC?

Before todays game, they had played a total of 147:24 minutes together.

Divide that by 12 games.

They average 12.3 minutes per game on the floor together.  That's barely a quarter.

Honestly, that is unacceptable.  LP is only doing that to find PT for his wings and to get Collins more touches at the 5.  

In comparison, Trae and John play 273:04 minutes together / 12 games = 22.8 minutes per game together

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Let me just say...

Pick and Roll with a high screen!!!

Excellent coaching down the stretch.  Great play by Trae down the stretch.  Hopefully he learns to stick with something that's working until the other team stops it.

It's really the first time you saw an obvious offensive adjustment out of LP all season.  He went to what was working, and stayed with it.  And his star player didn't have to take forced shots for it to work.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gurpilo said:

The other big thing, it cannot happen that Collins and Young are the starters with less shots, Huerter and Goodwin cannot take more shots than them, that is stupid. They are destroying their value on the league.

Heurter has been playing fine. I disagree.

• Like 2

An emotionally historical day for Atlanta with a nice win by the Hawks to help with all the other stuff certain people want to throw our way The end of this week will help even more. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Before todays game, they had played a total of 147:24 minutes together.

Divide that by 12 games.

They average 12.3 minutes per game on the floor together.  That's barely a quarter.

Honestly, that is unacceptable.  LP is only doing that to find PT for his wings and to get Collins more touches at the 5.  

In comparison, Trae and John play 273:04 minutes together / 12 games = 22.8 minutes per game together

Thanks. Capela did miss the first 2 games though, so the mpg would be slightly higher, but probably not by much?