• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Thunder

lethalweapon3

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

OKC is doing an outstanding job with their rebuild. A lot of intriguing young talent, tons of draft capital. Not shamelessly tanking, but playing hard every night. Job well done Presti!

Totally opposite of the Hawks...We tanked and only play hard when we feel like it....

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Firing the coach is not going to magically fix things. This is a deeply flawed roster.

Sad but true. We're too weak on the perimeter for one thing..Trae and Huerter trying to defend somebody is laughable, and the other teams know it..Sick of watching every guard in the league blow right past those 2.......Clint will get tired of it soon.... 

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Sad but true. We're too weak on the perimeter for one thing..Trae and Huerter trying to defend somebody is laughable, and the other teams know it..Sick of watching every guard in the league blow right past those 2.......Clint will get tired of it soon too... 

We know what we need in the draft at least. A guard or a wing. Our front court is solid if we keep Collins.

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We know what we need in the draft at least. A guard or a wing. Our front court is solid if we keep Collins.

A bigger PG who can pass and defend and/or a SG who can actually shoot and score..Suggs or Green would be nice. lol

Edited by terrell

14 hours ago, terrell said:

This team needs a leader..Trae cant be the leader because he doesn't play defense half the time..Collins either. I guess Hunter will be the guy, but hes only a 2nd year player..And Rondo plays so sparingly, and bad, nobody wants to hear what hes saying..lol. I actually feel bad for Clint..He pretty much gives his all every game...He deserves better..

Leader? 

I am the leader dammit!!

Solomon Hill of the Atlanta Hawks poses for a portrait on December 9,...  News Photo - Getty Images

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Trae's gettin frustrated.  Wonder how long it is until he starts questioning i stead of towing the company line? 

Something like, "this isn't working" or "somethings gotta give" or "we can't keep doing the same things and expect different results" 

Trae is also on social media.  So you know he sees all of the comments about him, his team, and his coach.

40 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Dunn (reigning All-D-er), Bogi (career .523 eFG and 2:1 assist to turn), and Dre (budding two-way glue stud): All MIA. No one coming out the draft will be able to do any of those things.  I have no doubts we’d be cemented with a 4 seed had we enjoyed good health, and this coming from a hardcore Traeter.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

Just now, benhillboy said:

Dunn (reigning All-D-er), Bogi (career .523 eFG and 2:1 assist to turn), and Dre (budding two-way glue stud): All MIA.  I have no doubts we’d be cemented with a 4 seed had we enjoyed good health, and this coming from a hardcore Traeter.

Not with Lloyd as coach. No way. I’m not sure Lloyd would be over .500 if we had a prime Michael Jordan on our squad. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

In the first quarter I was thinking, "Ya know, it's gonna take a professional effort to beat this team (OKC), 'cause they're gonna keep comin'" 

So, as long as we kept being professional, we were fine.  But as soon as we let go of the rope, we couldn't get it back.  No excuse for that.  None.

OKC does that to everybody, for the most part.  That's how they have 14 wins even though they're tanking.  But we knew (or should've known) that coming in.

Frustrating.  Too many games/losses like this.  Injuries do away with our margin for error but, as I've said all year, we have enough to win games like this.

Our approach isn't right and that falls on the coach mainly but on Trae as well.  I'm tired of seeing him get bodied on defense then try to get-bak by jaking a long, early-clock 3 the next trip down on offense.  Manage the freaking game.  So what if the opposing pg scored on you.  Let them have that mini win while you orchestrate your team to a win.

All is not lost so I'm not gonna go off the deep end like most.  But it's time to put together strings of wins, stop digging the hole.

The only way this team is going to put together a string of wins, is if they play defense AND Trae consistently balls out.  I still don't understand how people can watch these games, and then wonder why Trae doesn't manage the game better?  Trae Young MUST shoot the ball . . often.  Guys who are the #1 scoring option on the team sometime take ill-advised shots.  They can sometimes make those ill-advised shots.

Trae shooting the ball, trying to keep his team in a game, doesn't bother me more than the other guys missing WIDE OPEN 3 point shots.

• Like 1