• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Thunder

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The only way this team is going to put together a string of wins, is if they play defense AND Trae consistently balls out.  I still don't understand how people can watch these games, and then wonder why Trae doesn't manage the game better?  Trae Young MUST shoot the ball . . often.  Guys who are the #1 scoring option on the team sometime take ill-advised shots.  They can sometimes make those ill-advised shots.

Trae shooting the ball, trying to keep his team in a game, doesn't bother me more than the other guys missing WIDE OPEN 3 point shots.

Disagree. I can’t watch Trae go an inefficient 9-27 every game. He needs to distribute the ball and guys need to move instead of ball watch, oh and PERIMETER D!!!

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Firing the coach is not going to magically fix things. This is a deeply flawed roster.

Is it still flawed if healthy?   I would say yes, but the increased shooting threat may mask those flaws at times.

I think a guy like Bogdanovic helps, because he can function as a secondary ball handler, can run the pick and roll, and can knock down 3s.

It's just that they're all so wildly inconsistent.  Capela is the most steady.  Everyone else is Jeckyl and Hyde.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Dunn (reigning All-D-er), Bogi (career .523 eFG and 2:1 assist to turn), and Dre (budding two-way glue stud): All MIA. No one coming out the draft will be able to do any of those things.  I have no doubts we’d be cemented with a 4 seed had we enjoyed good health, and this coming from a hardcore Traeter.

How do you know that? Every year we have posters that poo-poo the draft, and say no one coming out could help us. Nonsense. Virtually every good player in the NBA was drafted. No way could ever replace the great Kris Dunn lol. Actually, Lamelo Ball, Tyrese Halliburton, and others have been excellent. I am not advocating for tanking, but saying we cant upgrade through the draft is absurd.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The only way this team is going to put together a string of wins, is if they play defense AND Trae consistently balls out.  I still don't understand how people can watch these games, and then wonder why Trae doesn't manage the game better?  Trae Young MUST shoot the ball . . often.  Guys who are the #1 scoring option on the team sometime take ill-advised shots.  They can sometimes make those ill-advised shots.

Trae shooting the ball, trying to keep his team in a game, doesn't bother me more than the other guys missing WIDE OPEN 3 point shots.

Wait, you do realize you and I agree on this right?  There's still a difference between that (i.e. managing the offense while being the offensive engine) and stupid shots.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

How do you know that? Every year we have posters that poo-poo the draft, and say no one coming out could help us. Nonsense. Virtually every good player in the NBA was drafted. No way could ever replace the great Kris Dunn lol. Actually, Lamelo Ball, Tyrese Halliburton, and others have been excellent. I am not advocating for tanking, but saying we cant upgrade through the draft is absurd.

How’s our #6 pick “upgrading” the team?  Of course I would’ve drafted Halli but I’m not the GM.  If you think there’s any players in the draft available to us who can provide those vet-level traits I just named mid-lottery then let the tank start now.  All 3 guys are tailor-made to supplement Trae’s deficiencies, you wanna poo-poo the impact an All-Defensive PG brings to a team with the absolute worst one starting I can’t help you there folk.  

Between the three of them the average age is 26, entering the prime of their careers.  You wanna swap them for fresh one-and-doners who run to the arc on 4-1 breaks?

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

How’s our #6 pick “upgrading” the team?  Of course I would’ve drafted Halli but I’m not the GM.  If you think there’s any players in the draft available to us who can provide those vet-level traits I just named mid-lottery then let the tank start now.  All 3 guys are tailor-made to supplement Trae’s deficiencies, you wanna poo-poo the impact an All-Defensive PG brings to a team with the absolute worst one starting I can’t help you there folk.

We dont even know if Dunn will play again...He might be Done..

• Like 2

I'm just old and tired of losing too many games.  Players who are paid big $$$ money and can't or won't get the job done.  Yeah.  I know.  Young, inexperienced players.  (But, that describes our opponent last night)  And, all those injuries.  

Hawks resemble the old auto joke.  When the engine wouldn't run, the owner ask, "what' wrong?"

Mechanic told him. " The carb won't carb, the spark plugs won't spark and the pistons won't work either!"

Someone do something.  Throw a fit.  Kick and scream.  Whatever they are doing right now isn't working, like the old car.  Whatever.  Just don't come with those excuses.  Other teams aren't perfect either.  

:beathorse:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Between the three of them the average age is 26, entering the prime of their careers.  You wanna swap them for fresh one-and-doners who run to the arc on 4-1 breaks?

Maybe if Dunn gets on the court, not looking that way right now. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Passing up on Halliburton was stupid, and arrogant. Everyone knew he was a top five talent in this year's draft and we went with a raw big with injury problems, becaus Schlenk felt so proud of his offseason PG signings.

• Like 2

You people saying passing up on Haliburton are all playing Monday morning QB except Gramps. Don’t all act like you all knew all of a sudden that’s bogus.

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Of course I would’ve drafted Halli

Didn’t say it then.

17 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Passing up on Halliburton was stupid,

Didn’t say it then.

only @Gray Mule from what I recall.

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

I'm just old and tired of losing too many games.  Players who are paid big $$$ money and can't or won't get the job done.  Yeah.  I know.  Young, inexperienced players.  (But, that describes our opponent last night)  And, all those injuries.  

Hawks resemble the old auto joke.  When the engine wouldn't run, the owner ask, "what' wrong?"

Mechanic told him. " The carb won't carb, the spark plugs won't spark and the pistons won't work either!"

Someone do something.  Throw a fit.  Kick and scream.  Whatever they are doing right now isn't working, like the old car.  Whatever.  Just don't come with those excuses.  Other teams aren't perfect either.  

:beathorse:

At least your Kings finally got a win...

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

Passing up on Halliburton was stupid, and arrogant. Everyone knew he was a top five talent in this year's draft and we went with a raw big with injury problems, becaus Schlenk felt so proud of his offseason PG signings.

Dont worry. Cade or Suggs are coming..lol

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You people saying passing up on Haliburton are all playing Monday morning QB except Gramps. Don’t all act like you all knew all of a sudden that’s bogus.

Didn’t say it then.

Didn’t say it then.

only @Gray Mule from what I recall.

Nah. Most here wanted Hali, Hayes, or Deni from what I recall..Supes wanted Toppin.

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Nah. Most here wanted Hali, Hayes, or Deni from what I recall..Supes wanted Toppin.

Hali was #5 on my big board. Don't put it as if I didn't see he was a talent but his fit is superior with Sac than Atlanta. Ya'll underestimate how hard it is to put players around Trae Young 

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hali was #5 on my big board. Don't put it as if I didn't see he was a talent but his fit is superior with Sac than Atlanta. Ya'll underestimate how hard it is to put players around Trae Young 

Reddish and Hunter are the the right wing players to build with around Trae.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Where was Hali on Spud HS big board that everyone voted on. If I remember right, many here wanted Deni over him

Honestly a few people might have I just remember you me and Gramps lol. Kg sat it out, AHF loved Maledon from memory but later down the line not at the 6 pick. Lotta Deni people for sure ya.