• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Thunder

lethalweapon3

We lost to a team that’s younger than us that is trying to tank. This is unbelievable. 

SGA  22 years old 24/5/4

Dort 21 years old 19/3/2

Bazley 20 years old 18/12/1

Maledon 19 years old 13/4/12

Roby 23 years old 7/4/2

☝🏽 That was their starting lineup.

The bench: Justin Jackson, Kenrich Williams and Ty Jerome, pretty much youngsters with Williams being the oldest at 26 but I wouldn’t call him a vet by any means.

They had ☝🏽 vet and that’s Moose! :Moose:

We are absolutely going through the motions. Trae is better than this and I think he wants to turn the page 📄 from Lloyd. Not saying they are purposely trying to get him fired but it sure looks like it.... and rightfully so.

Lloyd’s message: You gotta blah blah blah blah (postgame) same monotone message about what they are supposed to do. 

Lloyd Pierce: Not head coach material; chemistry isn’t there and neither is the game plan prep or anything. 

Let Nate take the reigns. We might make a push with him it’s our best shot this year.

• Sad 1

Hand the reigns to Nate already. 

Nate with the Pacers:

2017-18    48-34

2018-19    48-34

2019-20    45-28

Lloyd with us:

2018-19      29-53

2019-20      20-47

2020-2021    14-19... on pace for 31-41 (that’s not gonna make the playoffs)

2021-2022  He won’t make it..

Cut our losses now and roll with Nate. It’ll give the team a wake up call and they will know that this isn’t a part time job and people should be held accountable for minutes on the floor and playing their part or they will get no playing time or get traded.

9 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

SGA > TY

Been really impressed with him tonight. Dont get to see him much so not sure if its just this game or if he's really just the better player. 

He has the same amount of career win shares as Trae with 2/3 the usage.  That’s a pretty significant gap in winning efficiency.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Hawks lose to every team who plays hard and moves the ball.

Never heard of their coach before but he seems decent.  If you ball deny Trae (Dort did a great job in spots) and exploit him and Kevin off the dribble, especially with Capela sitting (Maledon and SGA took care of that) then like you say it’s tough to lose to the Hawks right now.  I can’t fault LP too tough our best three perimeter defenders by a country mile aren’t available, one hasn’t played a single second in Dunn.  Sh!t is just awful to watch.

• Like 3

If Lloyd really didn’t notice the uniforms then yeah he is indeed out to lunch.  I mean we see it with the rotations but he just confirmed it.

Trae is so brittle let him sit these next two against Miami, I think we’ve only beaten them once since he’s been here, damn sure ain’t beating them the way they’re playing now.  I wanna see Mays and Goodwin compete knowing what they’re minutes are gonna be.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

We all know that it's every Hawk fan's dream to win two games in a row.  Dare we hope that it happens tonight?  After all, our opponent's record isn't that different from our own.  

We do have players out - - Injured.  Yet, we have some pretty good, not all star good, but pretty good players who are, indeed, available tonight.

Can we please have another helping of what we had when Boston visited !!

GO ATL HAWKS !

👨‍🌾

Well, that dream didn't last very long, did it.  A lot of Hawk fans, including me, have the idea that we have a pretty good team.  Nope.  We don't.  The thing is, the Atlanta Hawks, Inc. can't fire the team.  It isn't just one player.  It's most of them.  They just can't.

This miserable season, this miserable team, is not all the fault of Lloyd Pierce.  It's not all the fault of Travis.  Neither of them could see all the injuries that have hampered us all season.  When this team can't play decent defense, which is most of the time, they lose.  When their shots won't fall, they lose.  When the defense and the offense both let down, we get buried by any NBA team.  Great example:  Last night.

By this time, most of us have come to the conclusion that, since we can't fire the entire Hawks team, the next preferable action is to remove Lloyd Pierce.  He is a very nice man, I'm sure.  I hate the idea of losing him because, as I said, it's not all his fault.

Would removing LP cause the Hawk players to wake up from their present slumber?  They have reverted back to their old "sleepwalk mode" that teams in the past were famous for.  Sadly, it's time to remove our coach.  This Hawk team has not supported him as they should.  Maybe they will wake up and listen to a new, different voice.  I believe most Squawkers will agree with the old man.

😪

• Like 1

In the first quarter I was thinking, "Ya know, it's gonna take a professional effort to beat this team (OKC), 'cause they're gonna keep comin'" 

So, as long as we kept being professional, we were fine.  But as soon as we let go of the rope, we couldn't get it back.  No excuse for that.  None.

OKC does that to everybody, for the most part.  That's how they have 14 wins even though they're tanking.  But we knew (or should've known) that coming in.

Frustrating.  Too many games/losses like this.  Injuries do away with our margin for error but, as I've said all year, we have enough to win games like this.

Our approach isn't right and that falls on the coach mainly but on Trae as well.  I'm tired of seeing him get bodied on defense then try to get-bak by jaking a long, early-clock 3 the next trip down on offense.  Manage the freaking game.  So what if the opposing pg scored on you.  Let them have that mini win while you orchestrate your team to a win.

All is not lost so I'm not gonna go off the deep end like most.  But it's time to put together strings of wins, stop digging the hole.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Hawks lose to every team who plays hard and moves the ball.

As much as it pains my soul, I have to agree with you here supers.

Truth hurts.

All you gotta do to beat Atlanta is play hard for longer than a quarter+.  We mentally lose it after that and can't get "it" back.

And if CLP says he didn't notice the jerseys, that's just him trying to remove excuses.  He should recognize though that it makes him sound unawares.

• Like 3

On 2/27/2021 at 11:23 AM, Peoriabird said:

Maybe y'all should respond to the @Spud2nique
and take that up with him then

But Im not going to bat for CLP, but I just think it's more about the roster. If a coaching change is made I would be fine with that, but I still think our roster needs improvement.

Leave the interpersonal stuff out of public threads.  - AHF Edit