• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Is Kevin Love ded?

Does he really want to play?

This was his 2nd game back. He played for like 2 minutes then had to leave. I'm no lip reader but I'm sure it looked liked he said 'something popped'.  I guess we'll see how long he's put again.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Is there that big of a difference in 3 point shooting percentages between John Huerter, Trae, Snell, Hunter, and Gallo?

They represent pretty different profiles.  

Snell is a low volume guy.  You leave him open and he will very consistently burn you but he just won't shoot that much even in his best games.  If you can get the team to move the ball out of Trae's hands by cheating off of him then that probably makes sense.

Huerter and Gallo have been wildly inconsistent this year.  When they are cold, it is great strategy to continue to leave them open as games like Huerter 1-9, 1-9, 2-8, etc. and Gallo 2-8. 0-7. 1-7. etc. show.   

Hunter is unfortunately missing.  His consistency was huge to the team.

Guys like Solo, Cam, etc. have been consistently bad with their shot both this season and career to date (obviously Cam's track record is shorter and more volatile).

JC has been very consistent from deep and is a further threat to attack the basket if given space so I don't really see teams cheating off of him regardless.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Snell is a low volume guy.  You leave him open and he will very consistently burn you but he just won't shoot that much even in his best games.  If you can get the team to move the ball out of Trae's hands by cheating off of him then that probably makes sense.

Huerter and Gallo have been wildly inconsistent this year.  When they are cold, it is great strategy to continue to leave them open as games like Huerter 1-9, 1-9, 2-8, etc. and Gallo 2-8. 0-7. 1-7. etc. show.   

Guys like Solo, Cam, etc. have been consistently bad with their shot both this season and career to date (obviously Cam's track record is shorter and more volatile).

JC has been very consistent from deep and is a further threat to attack the basket if given space so I don't really see teams cheating off of him regardless.

Trae has been inconsistent too but I'm not saying that game situations don't come into pay like if Gallo or Huerter  are ice cold, keep getting the ball to them regardless but if those players are hot, then the right play is to get the ball to them.  Consequently if Young is red hot and sometimes he is, then he should be a little more selfish.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This was his 2nd game back. He played for like 2 minutes then had to leave. I'm no lip reader but I'm sure it looked liked he said 'something popped'.  I guess we'll see how long he's put again.

Super glad I drafted him in fantasy figuring that he would put up numbers when he played. 

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Heard something on the radio that he later told them he still didn't feel right even though he'd been cleared to play stte.

Was on a minutes restriction of 15 min.  His body may simply be failing him, which is actually sad on a personal level.

On a Cavs level, eh, f them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I love the fact that Snell, despite shooting the lights out this year and having a green light from deep, will still step in for a better shot and not just jack up threes just because he can.

Everyone on our team would prefer to just let it rip if left open. LP would encourage it too by saying he was okay with any of his guys shooting open shots. Not realizing teams were okay with us doing that too, that's why they were open to begin with.

With Nate, Im seeing better shot selection from EVERYONE. Guys are moving with the ball more and not taking the bait of shoot first because Im open. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Trae has been inconsistent too but I'm not saying that game situations don't come into pay like if Gallo or Huerter  ice cold, keep getting the ball to him in those situation but if those players are hot, then the right play is to get the ball to them.  Consequently if Young is red hot and sometimes he is, then he should be a little more selfish.

Of course you feed those guys when they are hot.  The opposing teams won't intentionally leave them open to filter the ball to them when they are hot.  

Anyway, you are reaching the point of trying to make more nuanced slices to situations where I don't feel like I can articulate Re's view on a specific scenario.  Just the larger point he has made time and time again that we need Trae to assert himself to pressure the offense and that the team benefits from the pressure he puts on the defense.  (Seen in part by our degree of offensive success when Trae isn't on the floor.)

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Of course you feed those guys when they are hot.  The opposing teams won't intentionally leave them open to filter the ball to them when they are hot.  

Anyway, you are reaching the point of trying to make more nuanced slices to situations where I don't feel like I can articulate Re's view on a specific scenario.  Just the larger point he has made time and time again that we need Trae to assert himself to pressure the offense and that the team benefits from the pressure he puts on the defense.  (Seen in part by our degree of offensive success when Trae isn't on the floor.)

NO AHF he kept on taking about Trae's long 3's and importance of Trae scoring a certain number of point and that if he had ex number of assist it wasn't good.  Why do you ignore all of those things???

The way he talks about Trae is like someone who has Trae on their fantasy team or something.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

NO AHF he kept on taking about Trae's long 3's and importance of Trae scoring a certain number of point and that if he had ex number of assist it wasn't good.  Why do you ignore all of those things???

I don't know why you don't just focus on what you think is important since it could not be clearer that you don't get what he has said.  (For example, citing stats showing the team's record when Trae reaches certain thresholds for points scored is not the same thing as saying he must score a certain number).  I'm done rehashing it.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

I don't know why you don't just focus on what you think is important since it could not be clearer that you don't get what he has said.  (For example, citing stats showing the team's record when Trae reaches certain thresholds for points scored is not the same thing as saying he must score a certain number).  I'm done rehashing it.

Why does he do it then??????

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Why does he do it then?????? Over and Over and Over

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why does he do it then?????? Over and Over and Over

This is what I ask every time you put words in his mouth with your interpretation of his statements. 

I don't think there is something new I'm saying that I haven't already said or that Re hasn't said on probably 5 different threads over the last month.  Repeating it doesn't seem to be making any progress.  Again, I'm done rehashing this topic at this point.  We are just going in circles.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

This is what I ask every time you put words in his mouth with your interpretation of his statements. 

I don't think there is something new I'm saying that I haven't already said or that Re hasn't said on probably 5 different threads over the last month.  Repeating it doesn't seem to be making any progress.  Again, I'm done rehashing this topic at this point.  We are just going in circles.

You stepped in voluntarily... no one asked you to get involved.  That's on you!

• Premium Member

We need to play Knight more often. Every time this kid gets actual playing time he has been impressive. He's what I thought our #6 pick in the draft would be: shot blocking, rebounding, energy and opportunity scoring. I'm not saying OO can't grow into that but Knight is already there. He should be getting minutes on a regular basis.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We need to play Knight more often. Every time this kid gets actual playing time he has been impressive. He's what I thought our #6 pick in the draft would be: shot blocking, rebounding, energy and opportunity scoring. I'm not saying OO can't grow into that but Knight is already there. He should be getting minutes on a regular basis.

Ahhhhhh, this feels good.  Back to agreeing 100% with saphron.

The difference truly seems to be the age/experience factor.  Knight has it, OO doesn't.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ahhhhhh, this feels good.  Back to agreeing 100% with saphron.

The difference truly seems to be the age/experience factor.  Knight has it, OO doesn't.

Knight's per minute numbers look great (Per36 of greater than 20 points (on .625% TS%), 11 rebounds, 1 steal, 2 blocks).  I'll be disappointed if Nate doesn't feed him some regular burn and give him more time when he is making a difference on the floor.  After his 14 point outburst in game 2, he got a total of 54 seconds over the next 5 games.  

• Like 2