• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

He can post about it even if you don’t get it.  Just like you can post about what you think is important to winning.  When people misrepresent what others say, it is much more problematic. 

He doesn't know what the H-ll he is talking about so he needs to stop that agenda driven garbage that he post and focus on what best helps the team win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

ESPN's RPM says he one of our most important players. 

I prefer my basketball just like I enjoyed my school work.. Magic mathematical formula free

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, AHF said:

He can post about it even if you don’t get it.  Just like you can post about what you think is important to winning.  When people misrepresent what others say, it is much more problematic. 

And by the way, You made the claim that the team could not play defense without their best defensive players well that myth was busted also tonight

• Like 1

• Premium Member

So, seems like coaching matters in the NBA. Go figure. This team is night and day from the LP teams. The defense by everyone has stepped up and savy coaching decisions like rolling with the hot hands, playing matchups and rotating according to the flow of the game instead of your predetermined minutes allocations has made a big difference. All these injuries we suffered this year may have been one of the biggest blessings in desguise in franchise history because if they hadn't happened it's a sure bet LP would still be around and we would have to wait until the playoffs to get humiliated by a well coached team. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

@TheNorthCydeRises

also..

Nathan Knight>>>>>>>>>>> Bruno

Kid is a straight up hustlerrrrrr!!!

Mic 🎤 drop..

Nathan played an excellent game tonight.  He was exactly what we needed off the bench.  He gave me Ivan Johnson vibes tonight.

As for your mic . . .

( picks up mic . . and throws it right back at you )

Throw Mic GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheTruth said:

I'll respond because this was pretty much quoting me.

My only point was boils down to this: It's beyond obvious that this team looks [K]night and day different than when LP was here. But good lord these game threads, topics and discussions quickly devolve and degenerate into a Nate vs LP discussion that has been weaponized and beat to ad infinitum. I have no interest in it, and I hope to see this sharply decrease so we can focus on the current team we have with the current head coach.

But for those that wish to indulge in it, more power to you.

I wasn't quoting you. If I wanted to quote you I would 🙂 I just saw in the thread some back and forth about LP/Nate.

I have no interest in carrying out a pogrom against LP. He's fired. He deserved to be fired. I'm just happy that a real coach in Nate is showing what this team can actually do. That's it. I don't need to feel vindicated about a decision I had nothing to do with. I'm just enjoying the results of it as a fan of the team. I can't speak for anyone else but myself.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I wasn't quoting you. If I wanted to quote you I would 🙂 I just saw in the thread some back and forth about LP/Nate.

I have no interest in carrying out a pogrom against LP. He's fired. He deserved to be fired. I'm just happy that a real coach in Nate is showing what this team can actually do. That's it. I don't need to feel vindicated about a decision I had nothing to do with. I'm just enjoying the results of it as a fan of the team. I can't speak for anyone else but myself.

Very well then. The words you used were eerily similar (the same in some respects like "piling on," etc.), so even though it was apparently coincidental, it was logical for me to draw the conclusion.

We good.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Cam will fill Solo's role when he comes back and Solo will be relegated to what he was always meant to be. The emergency SF. 

Ah Snell will fill that role when Cam is back. Cam will take Huerter’s bench minutes or his starter minutes. 

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

Really excited about the streak. But for everyone acting like this is some kind of got ya moment —- just remember what teams we played during this streak. And how we looked the first 7-8 games to start the season. 

lots of basketball left. Let’s just enjoy the ride and hope this level of play continues!!

We had lost 6 straight games to the this same team under that person who shall remain nameless.  We were without 3 starters and key back ups while Trae didn't even have a big game and we still blew them out.  I don't know about you but I consider this progress!

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

And by the way, You made the claim that the team could not play defense without their best defensive players well that myth was busted also tonight

Yep.  A single game sample proves everything. As long as it fits ones agenda.

For me, I’ll look at the results over a longer period of time rather than cherry picking a single game against a weak opponent.  Variance between games is pretty large so we can expect to dominate and be pathetic some nights.  When we look at the overall defensive performance at the end of the season with and without our best defenders I’m going to really step out on a limb and say we’ll see the team below league average without the best defenders.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Yep.  A single game sample proves everything for you.

You keep saying this BS.  Don't you see what is happening?  The same thing happened in the Miami game.  Maybe some of y'all are just slow to understand what Nate is doing but I see such a difference in the team's mentality.  Less of a focus on shooting 3's and more of a focus on defensive rebounding and limiting turnovers.  Nate himself said that this is the focus and it is happening but yet y'all keep trying to convince yourselves that it isn't.  I find this very strange.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

He doesn't know what the H-ll he is talking about so he needs to stop that agenda driven garbage that he post and focus on what best helps the team win.

If you would just make the case for what you think is important for the team winning instead of misstating his claim that would go a long way.  His claim is about what he best thinks will help the team win.  Your claims are about putting words in his mouth that misrepresent his position.  We are weeks into your debate with him and these posts continue to substitute some strange straw man for his actual position.

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You keep saying this BS.  Don't you see what is happening?  The same thing happened in the Miami game.  Maybe some of y'all are just slow to understand what Nate is doing but I see such a difference in the team's mentality.  Less of a focus on shooting 3's and more of a focus on defensive rebounding and limiting turnovers.  Nate himself said that this is the focus and it is happening but yet y'all keep trying to convince yourselves that it isn't.  I find this very strange.

I’d say put your money where your mouth is and bet on what the aggregate results will show at the end of the year but you would just renege on the bet when you lost.

And I’m very optimistic we are seeing real improvement in focus and results under Nate but that isn’t enough to turn this defense into something that can vault us into the #1 D or close to it without our best defenders.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

If you would just make the case for what you think is important for the team winning instead of misstating his claim that would go a long way.  His claim is about what he best thinks will help the team win.  Your claims are about putting words in his mouth that misrepresent his position.  We are weeks into your debate with him and these posts continue to substitute some strange straw man for his actual position.

I’d say put your money where your mouth is and bet on what the aggregate results will show at the end of the year but you would just renege on the bet when you lost.

Why are you concerned about predicting possible outcomes???  That depends on numerous factors like health which is unpredictable.  My focus has been on how the team plays.  I've been saying for a while that a team that plays smart, defensive rebounds and limits turnovers will have the best chance to win.  Something LP did not understand while the average NBA coach does.  Nate understands that concept and that why he stresses it.  He basically has to reverse all of the bad habits that the team's young players have developed over the past 2 years.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why are you concerned about predicting possible outcomes???  That depends on numerous factors like health which is unpredictable.  My focus has been on how the team plays.  I've been saying for a while that a team that plays smart, defensive rebounds and limits turnovers will have the best chance to win.  Something LP did not understand while the average NBA coach does.  Nate understands that concept and that why he stresses it.  He basically has to reverse all of the bad habits that the team's young players have developed over the past 2 years.

How a team plays is best measured over a larger period of time.  We will see the results much further into the season.  

I agree with a lot of what you just said (the importance of a focus, disciplined defense and the development needed for our young players).  It will take time for Nate to get our young guys where he wants them to be and we aren’t good enough today without our best wing defenders to consistently be a top defense but we can do it for parts of games or a handful of games regardless.  We aren’t the worst defense in the league even with our injuries as even under LP and even the worst teams in NBA history will win 12 games and may even blow a few teams out.