• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If Nate comes back with Solo starting this game, I really have to question Nate.

We need that 3rd shooter in the game, whether it be Kevin or Gallo.

Trae, despite all of the turnovers, finishes the half with 11 pts and 6 assists.

If he and Bogi start making their 3s, the Sixers are in trouble.

My only problem with this is that it leaves a huge hole missing off the bench. Just gonna have to ride it out with Solo playing like the first 4 minutes of the second half.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

We're not even playing good yet we're only down 2. Let's settle down and finish this game strong.

To be honest, I would have been ok going back to ATL 1-1. But if the Hawks somehow steal this game the series is over. That first quarter was the worst case scenario and the Hawks are still in this game? This would be a demoralizing loss for the 76ers. With their history, there's no way they're mentally strong enough to think they have a chance at that point. 

Edited by hawkman
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, hawkman said:

To be honest, I would have been ok going back to ATL 1-1. But if the Hawks somehow steal this game the series is over. That first quarter was the worst case scenario and the Hawks are still in this Game? This would be a demoralizing loss for the 76ers. With their history, there's no way they're mentally strong enough to think they have a chance at that point. 

Again, going up 2-0 guarantees nothing. I think the thing that is worrying for Philly is there was all this talk about how "Philly would be able to get away with resting Embiid a game or two this series". That is obviously absolutely not an option if Philly wants to advance. Embiid's knee will only get worse, even if they make it past us how much will he have left?

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Again, going up 2-0 guarantees nothing. I think the thing that is worrying for Philly is there was all this talk about how "Philly would be able to get away with resting Embiid a game or two this series". That is obviously absolutely not an option if Philly wants to advance. Embiid's knee will only get worse, even if they make it past us how much will he have left?

Philly is a mentally fragile team.

If they go down 2 - 0, they do not have the poise to win 4 out of 5.

They haven't even played in a Conference Final.  

• Thanks 2