• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks at Hawks -- ECF GAME 3

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Limit TOs, Rebound the ball, get back on defense. 

I'll say the same thing I did vs Sixers - get Trae going downhill faster to avoid playing against the Bucks half court defense.

Still waiting for a hot game from 3 as well.

As an aside, that Bucks series we lost in the 80’s was burned in my head for years after the way we swept them in the regular season.  That one hurt.  Such a bad beat series.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Limit TOs, Rebound the ball, get back on defense. 

I'll say the same thing I did vs Sixers - get Trae going downhill faster to avoid playing against the Bucks half court defense.

You have to be careful here though.  The Bucks are a great transition team so you don't want to go too fast on the offense.  Run your stuff and slow the game down so we can play half court defense. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Bucks rookie behemoth Tito Horford didn’t have to lift a finger.

Lol forgot he was on that team too busy hating Sikma, Robert’s, Schayes, lil Stevie Henson, I really hated that squad. Lol.

Deploying Lou Williams for longer stretches, as a substitute for either Trae Young or Bogdan Bogdanovic, in combination with a back-in-action Cam Reddish, could make for better balance in the Hawks backcourt.

This. We need Lou to step up.

If Atlanta comes away from Games 3 and 4 with a decided advantage, it’s because veteran supporters, from LouWill to Gallo, stepped up their games when called upon.

This. History tends to repeat itself and a vet ALWAYS steps up in these circumstances at home for a young ball club.

John Collins and Kevin Huerter,

19 is my second fav #

open window.

We are young but we got grit.

Awesome game thread as usual lw3 you are the man. Happy Sunday Squawkers!!!! LETS GET IT!!!! We stole home court, lets keep it.

GO HAWKS!

• Like 1

close out coach Mike Budenholzer’s Bucks in no more than six games.

I want this. We get both games here, possible drop game 5 and win it back in the A.

But one game at a time. :dance:

• Like 2

Just now, hawkman said:

Yeah, going back to Milwaukee 3-1 sounds a heck of a lot better than 2-2. The pressure on them would be immense.

Yes sir and getting back to the A for game6, can you imagine what an atmosphere. Hawks fan will be loud just for the chance to go to the finals. Oh man.

Focus baby focus! One game at a time. Let’s get this thing today.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

Yes sir and getting back to the A for game6, can you imagine what an atmosphere. Hawks fan will be loud just for the chance to go to the finals. Oh man.

Focus baby focus! One game at a time. Let’s get this thing today.

^This. A win today means the team recovered from that beatdown in Game 2 and made adjustments. Another blowout would be demoralizing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Curious, anyone know what jerseys we're wearing tonight?

If they came out in these, what would be the response by the league?

Would the team get fined?  Would the league make them change uniforms?

I know the corporate people would be upset, because their logo wouldn't be on the uniform

Give me that Hardwood throwback next season : AtlantaHawks

What I DON'T want to see, are these uniforms.  I'd much rather for them to wear the white unis or the MLK uniforms, than to put these on.

Atlanta Hawks on Twitter: "Them red jerseys too fye 🥵… "

• Like 3