• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

I kept these kicks on all night for this? We lose by two points at home? We only scored NINE points in the fourth quarter?? What the hell happened? Did Nate refuse to bring the starters back into the game until it was too late?

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Frustrating loss but at the end of the day this was a good performance considering we don't have 3 of our best wings. We are still 8-2 in our last 10.

Sucks we lost but on to the next one

Facts.

This is what I looked at.  With Frenchie playing high minutes, we played the 76ers with Embiid to a 2 pt loss.  It was a game of runs.  They ran out, we stopped them and we ran out.   Unfortunately, they made the last run.  But when you look at who took the floor for us.. it was a good effort.   Clint played good defense on Embiid, but with Embiid, you're not going to stop him all night.   JC got some monster dunks and some great blocks.  Trae even played good defense.. was definitely not a foul that they called for Maxy.  It sucks because we could have won this one.. but we're still a good looking team through this.   I was actually encouraged with the 2nd Unit... Wright and Lou has good chemistry. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

At the End of the game, Embiid acted like they were about to lift the Obrien Trophy.  Philly knew that they had been in a fight.   We don't go cold on offense like that often... we will work out the kinks.

• Like 2

We're far too predictable when we have a lead late in the game.  Instead of moving without the ball, we stand outside the three point line until there are 5 seconds left.  We then try to drive into the lane, where we are double or triple teamed, and throw the ball into the hands of a defender or out of bounds.  When we could run a pick and roll, we pass the ball at waist level or too far out in front of the pick setter, which results in yet another turnover.  

Why does Nate insist on playing starters or bench?  Why can't we substitute one or two players at a time, always keeping some starters on the floor?

I'm beginning to agree with those who want Jent for head coach.

We had too many empty possessions. Sloppy play. We didn’t spread out or really share the ball. Having said that, Trae once again showed why he’s the best passer in the league with a couple of gems 💎.

Capela needs to dunk the ball already, his touch from 1 foot out stinks. 

Let’s get the Hornets 🐝 on Sunday.

This one was bs we should have won we are the better team but our execution at the end stunk. 

Go Hawks!

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Watchman said:

We're far too predictable when we have a lead late in the game.  Instead of moving without the ball, we stand outside the three point line until there are 5 seconds left.  We then try to drive into the lane, where we are double or triple teamed, and throw the ball into the hands of a defender or out of bounds.  When we could run a pick and roll, we pass the ball at waist level or too far out in front of the pick setter, which results in yet another turnover.  

Why does Nate insist on playing starters or bench?  Why can't we substitute one or two players at a time, always keeping some starters on the floor?

I'm beginning to agree with those who want Jent for head coach.

It's an interesting dance.  Players need rest during the game.   Nate has gotten better at not putting a whole team out there.   I'll notice that sometimes, he will put JC out there with the 2nd team.   However, he had set minutes for Trae and set times when he sits... like the end of the 1st and the end of the 3rd.   The dance in this is that you have to be able to observe and protect momentum.  When a player is hot, you can't take him out.   Weather they be fist team or second team.  Sometimes Nate doesn't follow that logic. 

Nate has not only won 700 games as a coach, he also played the game at a high level.   My point is that Nate knows players and what helps players better than most do.   I trust that. 

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

We had too many empty possessions. Sloppy play. We didn’t spread out or really share the ball. Having said that, Trae once again showed why he’s the best passer in the league with a couple of gems 💎.

Capela needs to dunk the ball already, his touch from 1 foot out stinks. 

Let’s get the Hornets 🐝 on Sunday.

This one was bs we should have won we are the better team but our execution at the end stunk. 

Go Hawks!

Facts!!

Actually, I think that we got comfortable.  One thing that we have to develop is a killer instinct with all of our players.   IF we're up by 15... we should be pushing for 30.     The way we get there is execution.  Last night, the Warriors had no let up.   That's how we have to learn to play... No let up... We're running "Hawks Basketball" all 48.  We're still kind of young...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sothron said:

I kept these kicks on all night for this? We lose by two points at home? We only scored NINE points in the fourth quarter?? What the hell happened? Did Nate refuse to bring the starters back into the game until it was too late?

Bench kept the lead to 8. It was that stupid Capela sub at the jump ball that killed us

Capela was trash tonight but he's still a center. JC got f***ing worked by Joel which is expected 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bench kept the lead to 8. It was that stupid Capela sub at the jump ball that killed us

Capela was trash tonight but he's still a center. JC got f***ing worked by Joel which is expected 

That is my biggest qualm. Capela was doing well on Embiid at that  point and no reason to take him out. We might have still lost the jump balls but the defense was better with capela on the court.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

Missed 6 free throws - - Lost by 2.

2nd unit was playing good defense, just weren't scoring a lot.  Starters came back in.  They couldn't score either.  Bad 4th quarter all around.

😪

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Yeah I wasn’t tripping at all.  Philly has the best player on the floor at the end of the day.  And these questionable three attempts by Trae are the same ones he was scorching the nets on in the playoffs.

I would like to ask Nate why Delon and Trae never run together though, the normal Hawks beat writers probably don’t even recognize they haven’t played a minute together.  Wright knows how to promote offensive flow and spacing for the team through resets, getting off the ball at the appropriate time, and subtle off ball movements.  Most of the championship teams I’ve seen ran a healthy dose of two above-average ball handlers/ playmakers together (better than Kevin/ Bogi types) Nate is allergic to it smh.

They played together and it worked very well against Indiana if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 12:00 PM, Atlantaholic said:

They played together and it worked very well against Indiana if I remember correctly.

Thanks I didn’t see those minutes.  Hopefully they play enough to get some good lineup numbers.  The assist to turnover per 100 should be explosive.  

Surprisingly our best 2-man lineup is Kevin and Bogi (+18), followed by Kevin and John (+13), then Clint and John (+9).   Kevin’s play has improved exponentially from the early goings.  A player with his combo of shooting, defensive effort, and assist turn should rarely struggle like he did.

Edited by benhillboy