• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s like a bum war. 

And thenTrae was the last player selected......... Actually he and Wiggins didnt even get picked....

Edited by terrell

34 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Delon is not the answer at the back up point guard. Appreciate his activity on defense, but his offense mediocre at best.

10 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

The lack of scoring wouldn't be quite as big of a deal if he was a pure PG at least. But he is a nonassertive combo guard.

How many players do y'all think we need to score in double figures to be successful? We currently have 7 on the roster, more than Chi, Mil, Mia, GS, and honestly I stopped checking right there.

We DO NOT lack offense. We are one of the best offenses in the NBA, with plenty of guys that can go off any given night. We don't lack another scorer off the bench, we just need the ones we have to be more consistent if possible.

We need more guys like Delon who can make an impact defensively and don't need a ton of shots on offense.

I would like him to shoot more when open, but the fact that he is trying to get the ball inside to Gallo or get in to the lane himself is fine by me. He doesn't hurt us. His activity typically helps spark our runs.

• Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

How many players do y'all think we need to score in double figures to be successful? We currently have 7 on the roster, more than Chi, Mil, Mia, GS, and honestly I stopped checking right there.

We DO NOT lack offense. We are one of the best offenses in the NBA, with plenty of guys that can go off any given night. We don't lack another scorer off the bench, we just need the ones we have to be more consistent if possible.

We need more guys like Delon who can make an impact defensively and don't need a ton of shots on offense.

I would like him to shoot more when open, but the fact that he is trying to get the ball inside to Gallo or get in to the lane himself is fine by me. He doesn't hurt us. His activity typically helps spark our runs.

All most of them do is launch perimeter shots. This is not a good 4th period team.

The Hawks are 22nd in 4th period scoring. This isn't a good defensive team and not likely to be, so 22nd isn't going to cut it.

Teams understand that if they collapse on Trae late in games and force Collins, Bogi and KH to have to become creative scorers they will have a great chance to beat the Hawks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

*sigh*

Last season, it was a tale of two seasons... divided by a coaching change.

This season, it's begun already to have the same tale of two seasons... divided by addition by subtraction, yes, but almost simultaneous to that, divided by bad health and good health.

Don't talk to me about this season as-if it's one season.

And. Don't talk to me as-if this roster accidentally ripped through the remaining 2020-21 regular season, and was accidentally ripping through the post season.

And. But for a misplaced ref's foot, this roster almost certainly was going to the NBA Finals.

This roster is a year older, more mature, more tested, greater continuity, greater chemistry, with significant upgrades at PG (Delon vs LouWill) and C (Dieng vs Bruno), and a talented first round pick who arguably could represent an upgrade at SF/PF (over Solo).

And don't forget, Big2O was a post season revelation. He only began to turn heads in our last few games, and then spent a huge chunk of this season getting healthy again... and when he did, yeah, he just re-ignited and turned heads all over again.

I'm excited and imo there's every reason to be... now that we're [knocks on wood] healthy. Many of us are.

All of us should be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ayton was a beast last night against Milwaukee.  I like shiny new toys and if the Hawks can get him in the off season I'd be really happy.  Hopefully, Sharife develops into that backup point guard we need, because he can get to the paint and can be a secondary ball handler. 

JJ's skill as a post passer is excellent too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

Looks like the Suns might be serious about letting this guy leave, via trade, in the offseason.  Assuming, of course, there is any truth to this article.  
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265801/Suns-Pacers-Had-Brief-Dialogue-On-Deandre-Ayton-For-Domantas-Sabonis

I believe it. Zach Lowe wouldn’t have put this out there…but if we are going to be in the running for Ayton we may need to be prepared to trade away more than just Capela.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

All most of them do is launch perimeter shots. This is not a good 4th period team.

The Hawks are 22nd in 4th period scoring. This isn't a good defensive team and not likely to be, so 22nd isn't going to cut it.

Teams understand that if they collapse on Trae late in games and force Collins, Bogi and KH to have to become creative scorers they will have a great chance to beat the Hawks.

I keep saying this but Hawk fans refuse to listen but JC ain't the perfect fit at PF. He's just not good enough as a #2.

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I keep saying this but Hawk fans refuse to listen but JC ain't the perfect fit at PF. He's just not good enough as a #2.

I think most Hawks fans would agree we need a real #2 which is why we had so many threads and so much interest in potential trade options this year.  JC should be a #3.  He "ain't perfect" (not sure any Hawk would meet that criteria) but PF is surprisingly thin in today's game and he is easily in the top half of starters.  Doesn't take a lot off the table and pretty easy to fit onto most rosters.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So Kirshner is saying The Spurs wanted Bogi and a 1st rd pick for White but Travis turned them down.........Because "he wasnt sure if White was an upgrade to Bogi"... 

Schlenk couldnt care less about defense... smh

11 hours ago, gurpilo said:

I have heard Raptors were trying to get Bogi on trade deadline. Anyone know what were they offering?

So were the Spurs.....

Edited by terrell

22 minutes ago, terrell said:

So Kirshner is saying The Spurs wanted Bogi and a 1st rd pick for White but Travis turned them down.........Because "he wasnt sure if White was an upgrade to Bogi"... 

Schlenk couldnt care less about defense... smh

So were the Spurs.....

I agree with Travis on this one and I am one who loved the Boston trade. 

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I agree with Travis on this one and I am one who loved the Boston trade. 

Its a close call imo.. White is way better defensively, but Bogi is better offensively.. When he's on that is...... I didnt know White was 27 though....

Edited by terrell