• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks "at" Hawks: the MLK Day Game!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

He essentially hasn't played a full season yet. Practically still a rook in my eyes. Getting Cap back will only make us better. I think backup C minutes need to be exclusively OOs and the backup PF mins should be Gallos. If one of the two guys is really balling extend them. I would throw Gallo a few SF minutes as well, especially if Bogi continues to be damaged goods. 

I agree.  I think he can still learn alot from Clint but eventually, he will be better than Clint.   The other thing that I see Travis doing is that Clint's contract extension is one that is incentive laden???  Bad move Clint.   His money is not guaranteed.  As Clint's sun is setting, OO's sun will be rising... and actually, Clint will acrue trade value at the same time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AHF said:

I'm just disappointed Spud didn't know who that was.  It was a recurring skit so more fun to be found going down that rabbit hole.

😂 I’m disappointed in myself. It was around when I first started watching SNL though, I wanna say I started around 1990, and that seemed like a skit right around then. It did look familiar so maybe I’m forgetting but hilarious stuff, the cat is like Ted with Mark Walhberg 😂 

How good is Collin Sextons offball game?  I know he can score pretty well in general but im not sure if thats mostly ball in his hand non stop like Trae or can he get his points off the ball as well and then take over some of the playmaking on ball when Trae is out of the game.   Also hos is his defense in general i don't know a super ton about him.

3 hours ago, aali34 said:

Pick and rolls for everybody.

willj-oprah.gif

I’m shooting around this morning by myself and I’m mimicking p n r with myself and all of a sudden I yell out..

ALL I NEED IS A ROLLER!!! 

The crowd (the park patrons) :indifferent:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

I mean I get it. They want to make money. Bringing in new Jersey's and such. But definitely no mojo on those, the MLK ones had magic 

They could have made a new version of the MLK's. A home white edition with the same design. They could have rode it out a little longer. They really missed the boat by honoring the least successful Hawks era's on one jersey lol

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

They could have made a new version of the MLK's. A home white edition with the same design. They could have rode it out a little longer. They really missed the boat by honoring the least successful Hawks era's on one jersey lol

My avatar resents that. Though I guess you mean the mustard. Yea... what a misfire. 

• Premium Member

Right now, the only team that we can trade Huerter to is OKC.

and 

I don't know if there's any team that will accept Bogi.  Doubt he can pass a Physical. 

That's our SG story right now. 

We have to live with Huerter starting.. and sub him with Delon and Lou until Bogi gets back.. But defensively we will suffer.   I guess this is why Travis originally wanted Grimes. 

However, I would shoot over Kev + 1st for Josh Giddey. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Threezus said:

How good is Collin Sextons offball game?  I know he can score pretty well in general but im not sure if thats mostly ball in his hand non stop like Trae or can he get his points off the ball as well and then take over some of the playmaking on ball when Trae is out of the game.   Also hos is his defense in general i don't know a super ton about him.

I don't think he's the answer. He's a Lou will type, definitely not a good fit defensively with Trae. His defense is best at PG where he can use his size to bother smaller players, but sharing the court with Trae he would be guarding twos and he's basically a negative there. He would be a tremendous guy to bring off the bench though, doubt he would be cool with that though. 

• Like 2

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

I don't think he's the answer. He's a Lou will type, definitely not a good fit defensively with Trae. His defense is best at PG where he can use his size to bother smaller players, but sharing the court with Trae he would be guarding twos and he's basically a negative there. He would be a tremendous guy to bring off the bench though, doubt he would be cool with that though. 

Im not fully against a avg or so defender that you can hide on the 2nd worst offensive player as long as their offense is enough to make up for it some.  I look at it like this we are already getting absolutely nothing on defense from SG but if we can't land a true 2 way SG then give me a guy who can get tons of buckets to help keep the score close when trae is off. 

OO is special. Clint is not durable. It should be an easy decision to let OO get extended playing time even when Clint returns. OO is really freaking good on defense. 

I'm not so interested in a huge Simmons deal anymore. His fit is very questionable even before you consider who we would be sending out to get him and what holes that would open up further.

I'm good with trading the bottom part of the roster, but not our main pieces. Hell, I would give a couple of picks away before I start shaking up the entire roster.

Dieng, Lou, TLC, JJ, Coop and draft picks.

Bogi or Gallo, but not both 

I'm holding on everything else unless the return is a clear upgrade to player we are sending out at that position.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I agree.  I think he can still learn alot from Clint but eventually, he will be better than Clint.   The other thing that I see Travis doing is that Clint's contract extension is one that is incentive laden???  Bad move Clint.   His money is not guaranteed.  As Clint's sun is setting, OO's sun will be rising... and actually, Clint will acrue trade value at the same time. 

The Bonuses amounts are minuscule relative to the overall contract. He may get close to 2 of 3 for an additional 1 million.

He makes an extra $500,000 for finishing with a 30 percent defensive rebounding rate, $500,000 for playing at least 2,000 minutes and $500,000 for shooting at least 65 percent from the free-throw line,

• Premium Member
Just now, JeffS17 said:

I'm sensitive to Okongwu slander so I will respond to this.  Okongwu just put on a defensive clinic tonight so I honestly can't believe your takeaway is that he fouls too much and can't replace Clint.  Clint gets absolutely cooked by any good centers... let me give you some stats for Giannis tonight:

Guarded by Okongwu: 2/12 with 2 of those shots getting blocked and collected free throws on a debatable third block

Guarded by everyone else (JC/Gallo): 6/8

Okongwu is doing it with elite instincts, timing, and effort.  He can get even better -- we're witnessing the rise of an elite defensive player comparable to Draymond, so you should try to be more positive about him.  I'm saving receipts for all OO slander.  As for starting over Clint... no, I don't think he should right now but I do think he can and will by some point next season (assuming Nate isn't too stubborn).  He's already a much better finisher around the rim and just needs to work on lob chemistry.  That will come easy though with reps.

I give praise to OO...

You don't have to cape up for that.. My takeaway wasn't that he fouls too much...  That's the truth over his last 10 or so games.   If he cleans up his fouls, he will be BAM or better. 

Secondly, watch the games Jeff.  He does well against the Big Bigs of the league.  But useless guys like Mitchell Robinson can eat his lunch right now.  That won't always be but that's the case now because he lacks experience. 

Clint doesn't do as well against the big bigs of this league.  That tells me that we have a rotation.  And eventually (as I said before) Clint will hit sunset and OO will be in full sunrise.   

The problem is guys like you who don't watch the game, see 1 freaking performance and are ready to hand him the keys.  You probably want Jalen to start too right?  GMAFreakin Break. 

Don't be a prisoner of the moment.  OO played very well.. Just like he played very well against Embiid and if you put Jokic out there... he might do well with him too.. because OO can slide with these bigs when they take the ball outside of the paint.   However, he needs more time to learn about the other guys who either finesse him or power over him.   But he will get there. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Bonuses amounts are minuscule relative to the overall contract. He may get close to 2 of 3 for an additional 1 million.

He makes an extra $500,000 for finishing with a 30 percent defensive rebounding rate, $500,000 for playing at least 2,000 minutes and $500,000 for shooting at least 65 percent from the free-throw line,

Aww.. Damn.

I'm disappointed and at the same time.. not mad.  Meaning I didn't want Clint getting the shake down but I would love to see us with some cap space/tradability from this deal.