Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Opposing fans taking over happens more here than other places. I'm sorry but that's the truth. 

They didn't take over. Were you at the game or were you upset that you could hear them?  It was 80 to 85% Hawks fans there. 

If you're so upset about it, buy a ticket and go to the game so an opposing fan can't get in there, but you won't do that and call us all weak who do go. 

Edited by marco102

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If we out number them then why aren't we downing them out with our own "Let's go Hawks?" 

You didn't buy a ticket to start drowning them out so why are you passing judgment from your couch? 

How long did that chant last a few seconds? 

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member

My point is that when you look at those Miami Nonbasketball looking guys...

They dont have any physique that suggest that they play.  No muscles.  No height.  They're all really young looking.  They look like a bunch of skateboarders.  Not NBA players.   They don't look old enough to be in the NBA. 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, marco102 said:

They were literally yelling WAARRRRIOORRSS! In those game.  

That statement you made is so asinine. You literally called yourself weak. Unless you don't think you are a part of the Hawks fanbase.

I live in Chicago so it's definitely not my fault 😇

Just now, JeffS17 said:

lol this has nothing to do with Hawks fans as individuals and everything to do with Atlanta being one of the fastest growing major cities in the country.  It's all transplants coming here and they already have teams.  The metro area population has almost DOUBLED in the last 20 years...

So of course very old historic cities like Boston/Philly/NY that have grown organically over centuries are going to have more of their own fans at the games.  

He knows this, but just wants to make comments about how bad our fanbase was over a 20 second Heat chant.  Forget the rest of the game, those Heat fans were heard so the Hawks Fanbase is weak.  Even though, he's a part of it. 

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, shakes said:

so did we, but then we let Nathan Knight walk for some inexplicable reason.    Guy looked solid every time he was on the floor last year.  

I gotta say i was very disappointed that we got rid of Knight. I thought he had a lot of potential. 

I respect the Miami guys.  Especially this one:

Directory: Erik Spoelstra | Miami Heat

This guy has proven that you can't pin his success to any one player.  He takes players who nobody else wants and makes them very good.   This is the scouting report on Bam coming out of Collge:

"Adebayo’s impressive athleticism and youthfulness will definitely get him drafted. From that point on it will be on both him and the team to maximize his potential … Finding the proper fit will be important for Adebayo’s future prospective as he could easily fall out of favor if he is not in the right situation … His ability to defend and protect the rim is what will get him on the floor and developing a well-rounded offensive game will keep him out there …"

Nobody would guess that Bam would be the force both defensively and offensively that he is now. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

lol this has nothing to do with Hawks fans as individuals and everything to do with Atlanta being one of the fastest growing major cities in the country.  It's all transplants coming here and they already have teams.  The metro area population has almost DOUBLED in the last 20 years...

So of course very old historic cities like Boston/Philly/NY that have grown organically over centuries are going to have more of their own fans at the games.  

Some of this is true.  But the whole truth is that we have not won a championship.  People love a winner and we haven't been that.   However, once we win the championship... it's going to be hard pressed to find seats in the Arena and Space on the Squawk. 

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I gotta say i was very disappointed that we got rid of Knight. I thought he had a lot of potential. 

I respect the Miami guys.  Especially this one:

Directory: Erik Spoelstra | Miami Heat

This guy has proven that you can't pin his success to any one player.  He takes players who nobody else wants and makes them very good.   This is the scouting report on Bam coming out of Collge:

Nobody would guess that Bam would be the force both defensively and offensively that he is now. 

Spoelstra has impressed me.  I was talking crap about Maimi in the preason and I was wrong.  There offense is a pain during the regular season. 

@terrell was right about them and I was wrong. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Some of this is true.  But the whole truth is that we have not won a championship.  People love a winner and we haven't been that.   However, once we win the championship... it's going to be hard pressed to find seats in the Arena and Space on the Squawk. 

It was hard pressed to find seats after an eastern conference finals run. 

Then we crapped the bed.  The one thing about Atlanta fans and other fans call us stupid is we don't go out to support a terrible product.  You can call many fair weather, but if ownership wants fans there they better put a good product on the floor.  Even through the downs, the arena has been pretty full. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, marco102 said:

It was hard pressed to find seats after an eastern conference finals run. 

Then we crapped the bed.  The one thing about Atlanta fans and other fans call us stupid is we don't go out to support a terrible product.  You can call many fair weather, but if ownership wants fans there they better put a good product on the floor.  Even through the downs, the arena has been pretty full. 

I would call it more as Atlanta Fans have a wait and see  about them.  The year we won 60 games... there were several nights that the Hawks played in front of the Seats.   This was after we had shown good in the playoffs taking Boston to Game 7 before they went on to win it all.

It is like nothing that we were doing was bringing fans back to the Phil (at the time).  And let's not even talk about the Omni.  My friends used to call the OMNI... the Library.  Because you could hear the shoes squeaking and the plays being called out. 

Last years run electrified the city but not enough that it made more fans come out on the regular. 

• Like 1

Just now, Diesel said:

I would call it more as Atlanta Fans have a wait and see  about them.  The year we won 60 games... there were several nights that the Hawks played in front of the Seats.   This was after we had shown good in the playoffs taking Boston to Game 7 before they went on to win it all.

It is like nothing that we were doing was bringing fans back to the Phil (at the time).  And let's not even talk about the Omni.  My friends used to call the OMNI... the Library.  Because you could hear the shoes squeaking and the plays being called out. 

Last years run electrified the city but not enough that it made more fans come out on the regular. 

Well Trae Young is putting a few more butts in the seats too.  The ECF's team got swept like LeBron and then the team started being broken up.  

If TY was on that team, we probably had a full arena again.  Also, that team started on really slow.  Attendance was up the first part of that season. 

I'm not saying we are the best fan base, but when the team is good we pack the arena. 

• Like 3