• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

They dont have any physique that suggest that they play.  No muscles.  No height.  They're all really young looking.  They look like a bunch of skateboarders.  Not NBA players.   They don't look old enough to be in the NBA. 

Oh yeah? 

I'm going to let this one slide, because I've probably got about 25 years on these guys, and if I look like them while rolling around, I'll take it.

12 hours ago, Sothron said:

I know one poster doesn't want to hear this but our second unit has been night and day better with Cam gone.

I said this the other day

I think the Cam trade solidified roles. Cam - Lou - Gallo all came off the bench needing touches to be impactful. It was just crowded imo because although all 3 are playing different positions, they all pretty much had the same role (put the ball in the hoop). With Cam no longer there, Gallo is relied upon more to go get buckets...

Dont be scurred to say it....  lol

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

One disappointing thing from last night. An loud audible "let's go Heat" chant from the crowd in the 4th quarter that could be clearly heard on the broadcast. Atlanta sports fans are so weak, sorry but they are. An audible "let's go Hawks" chant from the crowd would never emanate at a game in Boston, New York, Philly, etc, not in a million years.  

It doesn't take but one fan when everyone else is afraid of them. I used to travel the entire west coast hitting up Hawks games against the Clippers, Lakers, Kings, Warriors and after the trip I'd watch the games I'd recorded. I could hear myself loud and clear, calling Paul Pierce a p*$$y. 

What needs to happen is Hawks fans in the area need to drown those fools out. I was surprised that so many West Coast fans would just quietly find new seats farther away from me instead of trying to match my energy. But it happens. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, marco102 said:

Well Trae Young is putting a few more butts in the seats too.  The ECF's team got swept like LeBron and then the team started being broken up.  

If TY was on that team, we probably had a full arena again.  Also, that team started on really slow.  Attendance was up the first part of that season. 

I'm not saying we are the best fan base, but when the team is good we pack the arena. 

Right now... it's interesting.   I don't think it's really about basketball.  I look in the seats and I see stars in the crowd.   Rappers and Actors in the crowd.  Yesterday,  I saw the cameras pan the crowd during a sequence in the game, I believe it was a side out.   There were two heavily made up, scantly dressed young ladies on the side line and they were not paying any attention to the game.   And down front you have patches of other young ladies just link them... then Up in the cheap seats.. There's a whole section of Real Hawks fans wearing Hawks stuff.  Like when I used to go to ATL Fulton CO Stadium for the Braves game and they had that area where you could find Cheif knockkahomma...  (SO DISRESPECTFUL) with kids everywhere. 

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Dan obviously 

You damn right Dan.  Dan has his hairy forearms sweating.. Veins popping out everywhere. His shoulder surgery scar. His Spray tan... and his fingers wrapped...
Robinson doesn't look like he has a muscle or a blemish. I bet he wears Vans to practice.  

Wonder if anybody ever checked Dan for roids?

6 hours ago, Diesel said:

Duncan Robinson (basketball) - Wikipedia

Dan Majerle Art Print by Rocky Widner

Alright Bleachkit.  You tell me... which one of these guys look like a Basketball player?

You know how many times people have gotten cooked on a playground, by a guy who looked like Duncan Robinson?

Basketball is the one sport that you can never go by what someone looks like.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You know how many times people have gotten cooked on a playground, by a guy who looked like Duncan Robinson?

Unless they show up at the court with all kinds of wristbands, headbands, arm sleeves, tights, and a jersey with his actual last name on the back.

You just know that dude is a poser and can't play.

"My ears are ringing...." - AHF

Haha

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I have. Talent is talent but I know what Diesel is talking about. 

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Unless they show up at the court with all kinds of wristbands, headbands, arm sleeves, tights, and a jersey with his actual last name on the back.

You just know that dude is a poser and can't play.

"My ears are ringing...." - AHF

Haha

When I was in high school, we used to all play ball on a concrete basketball court behind my old middle school.   It'll be a mix of all ages.  As one of the youngest out on that court, I learned a lot about playing basketball from the adult men that I was going up against.  Our game, for the most part, was 4 - 4 half court.  LOL . . those "old dudes" wasn't trying to play full court with a bunch of kids.

One guy was a 40-something white dude named Bud, who was an insurance agent. Dude was no taller than 5-9 and was an average athlete at best.  But the one thing that Bud could do, was shoot the ball.  And all of us on the court knew it. 

Bud knew that he'd get at most 4 shots in a game.  And he better make his first shot, otherwise he wouldn't get the ball passed to by the "ball hogs".

I had enough sense to know that whenever we needed a big basket, Bud would knock it down if he was open.  He consistently ended games with his jumper.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

When I was in high school, we used to all play ball on a concrete basketball court behind my old middle school.   It'll be a mix of all ages.  As one of the youngest out on that court, I learned a lot about playing basketball from the adult men that I was going up against.  Our game, for the most part, was 4 - 4 half court.  LOL . . those "old dudes" wasn't trying to play full court with a bunch of kids.

One guy was a 40-something white dude named Bud, who was an insurance agent. Dude was no taller than 5-9 and was an average athlete at best.  But the one thing that Bud could do, was shoot the ball.  And all of us on the court knew it. 

Bud knew that he'd get at most 4 shots in a game.  And he better make his first shot, otherwise he wouldn't get the ball passed to by the "ball hogs".

I had enough sense to know that whenever we needed a big basket, Bud would knock it down if he was open.  He consistently ended games with his jumper.

I was a Bud :indifferent:, if fact, ya might as well call  me..  @kg01 if we had a 3 point shooting contest for squawk who do you think would come in 2nd? :unsure:

image.gif.71cae450cf7b8818b77e80f818516f79.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Is Jimmy going to get fined for that little upward punch he pulled during the Trae Clutch, or is the league just gonna let that one slide?

~lw3

What punch 🤛? I didn’t see anything. 

:indifferent:

ps I should have been reading the game thread by now lw3, but I saw the Kanter Yao headlines and I’ve been pondering, usually a title comes or it doesn’t, I can force this I got nothin :sarcastic:

673053FF-6FD3-4DAC-B3BC-F432AEDCF1C7.jpeg