• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

lethalweapon3

50 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

7 assist 8 turnovers?  Really?  Trae actually played well especially on defense but my God dude...stop playing with the ball!!

The fact that you admitted his defense was pretty good tonight I’m going to give this post a like.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Josh would have a flashing green light in the Analytics NBA.  Then again though, he'd be a small ball center, a position I thought he could be most effective at.

He actually might be a better player in this era, but he'd also take 4 threes a game.

Josh Smith taking 30 foot jumpers regularly... we would have to require proof of life insurance to all camera crew and cheelreaders under the basket at our games. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

An awful shot is an awful shot. It don't matter if its Kobe taking that shot or Iverson. It is what it is. Stop making excuses, wasn't you saying earlier that Trae played poorly in the 4th quarter?

I said that if we lost, it would be on Trae and the bad 4th quarter defense.

And if we won, it would be on Trae and the great 3rd quarter offense.

Guess which one happened?

It's Bengals Division Playoff Eve.  No negative vibes from me with the Hawks winning.  Ima celebrate the win . . not the the "perceived" bad things that happened before we won.

Win Streak GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Clint Capela Atlanta Hawks GIF - Clint Capela Atlanta Hawks Hawks -  Discover & Share GIFs

Lets Go Reaction GIF by NBA - Find & Share on GIPHY

John Collins Wow GIF by Atlanta Hawks - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So glad to finally see our starting Wings put good games together.

The most glaring weakness all season long. Huerter is our starting 2 going forward. He won't always be great but I think he plays better starting, we don't have anyone better, and I still think his best basketball is ahead of him, especially defensively. I like Hunter's mindset, attack, attack, attack. When he is passive he is actually a big negative offensively, as everything seems to stagnate (a la TLC). When he attacks he stresses the defense, takes preassure off of Trae, and the offense flows. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Team Meeting 1-21-2022.png

A Father of Girls has two Jobs in Life:

1.  Don't let your daughters end up on the pole.

2.  Don't let your daughters end up on the links. 

I captured another guy and girl I’m afraid to post it now 😂 

58 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This^. They slowed the offense to a crawl and played too much against Miami's set half court defense....should have kept the pace they had in the 1st 3 quarters.

I’m so tired of seeing them roll the ball up the court with still 4 minutes left in the 4th. Too much defensive offense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

To Me... To Me....

We only have a few tradable players:

Bogi & Deing

And that's only for a 3 & D SG...who can handle the ball. 

Heurter to OKC is a faint possibility too.  

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I captured another guy and girl I’m afraid to post it now 😂 

Doit... Doit...

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

The most glaring weakness all season long. Huerter is our starting 2 going forward. He won't always be great but I think he plays better starting, we don't have anyone better, and I still think his best basketball is ahead of him, especially defensively. I like Hunter's mindset, attack, attack, attack. When he is passive he is actually a big negative offensively, as everything seems to stagnate (a la TLC). When he attacks he stresses the defense, takes preassure off of Trae, and the offense flows. 

The thing with Kev is you never know when he will be aggressive or not

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

It's the exact same thing that we did the last game we blew in Miami. Makes no sense to me, too much time left for that. 

I've been trying to thnk about why we do it.  I want to say direction and not clock.   I think Trae likes picking up the ball on a sprint in a direction to hinder other teams from trapping him???  It kinda gives him a chance to get a look down the court.