• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Can someone explain to me why Trae shot selection gets so bad in the 4th QT? He shot a 35 ft with 18 seconds left in a close ballgame, WHY! 

Cuz he was wide ass open and believed he could make it. 

From a time amd situation position it was a bad shot. Mire of a decision making thing though. Needs to get better understanding the situation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No Nope GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Trae's turnovers are not an indication of the Hawks winning or losing.

We won this game. That's all that matters.

I''m convinced Trae still isn't 100% recovered from that Nurkic injury.  His handle wasn't that loose before. 

• Like 1

Just now, Marvin24Williams said:

Yeah the waiting too long to get rid of the ball on double teams has plagued Trae his whole career so far. He keeps trying to hold it and make the homerun play. Just give it up as soon as the double comes and let your other guys make a play 

Trae got the Spencer James effect. He always wants to be the damn hero. Let's just win the damn game. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Can someone explain to me why Trae shot selection gets so bad in the 4th QT? He shot a 35 ft with 18 seconds left in a close ballgame, WHY! 

Because he was wide open.

And he makes that shot from that distance.

And we weren't getting anything on offense.

Ya'll keep worrying about the distance of the shot.  If Huerter takes an open 25 footer with that much time on the clock, no one would say anything.  Trae shoots better from that distance, than most of our shooters shoot from 3 pt range overall.

What you don't want Trae to do on that shot, is rush it.   He took his time and shot it, and it rimmed out.

The adjustment we need to make, is to let Huerter handle the ball in that situation.  Run Trae off some screens to see if he can get the ball and get a running start to get into the paint.  That will prevent that dreaded 30 foot bomb that everyone hates.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm not going to beat up on our team for a win.

Especially a win in which we dominated most of the game and Miami came back late to make it interesting. 

Yeah,  Its been a looooong time since we won 3 games in a row..lol

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm not going to beat up on our team for a win.

Especially a win in which we dominated most of the game and Miami came back late to make it interesting. 

Yep.

Hunter 10 boards and 3 assists.

Huerter 5-9 from 3 and 4 assists.

Our Wings are coming alive....who said Wings can't excel with Trae? :stirthepot:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Cuz he was wide ass open and believed he could make it. 

From a time amd situation position it was a bad shot. Mire of a decision making thing though. Needs to get better understanding the situation. 

I honestly do not want him to change that mentality about him.  People would rather take a rushed shot with the clock running down, than to launch a bomb when he's wide open.

He obviously needs to give the ball up sooner when the trap comes.  But on that particular play, he was about as open as he's been all game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Because he was wide open.

And he makes that shot from that distance.

And we weren't getting anything on offense.

Ya'll keep worrying about the distance of the shot.  If Huerter takes an open 25 footer with that much time on the clock, no one would say anything.  Trae shoots better from that distance, than most of our shooters shoot from 3 pt range overall.

What you don't want Trae to do on that shot, is rush it.   He took his time and shot it, and it rimmed out.

The adjustment we need to make, is to let Huerter handle the ball in that situation.  Run Trae off some screens to see if he can get the ball and get a running start to get into the paint.  That will prevent that dreaded 30 foot bomb that everyone hates.

He made a ton of mistakes in the 4th. The shot selection was bad. The reason weren't getting shit was because of him. He has to be much better in the 4th. His play in the first three quarters is SPECIAL but the 4th is tough to watch. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Honestly, I was really hoping that Nate would let "The Other guys" finish out the 4th with Knox and them... They were not bad. 

Just now, marco102 said:

Am I allowed to talk about how good Kevin Hueter was tonight?  I was attacked viscously the last time I stood up for him. 🤭

He hit some Clutch threes tonight and is worthy of a game ball. 

Still cant hit a corner three but as long as he knows that. 

Knox can hit the corner three. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Am I allowed to talk about how good Kevin Hueter was tonight?  I was attacked viscously the last time I stood up for him. 🤭

Kev was tremendous. We needed each one of those deep threes to stretch the defense from the wings. Miami closes out so damn fast. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NekiEcko said:

Great Game tonight, I do think we still need a secondary ballhandler as well to help Trae alot and I do still think this team needs to do a couple (or big) of moves if we want to get into the play-in game.

I think we still have a few games to experiment with Delon and Trae on the court together. 

One of the things... regardless of who we get to play with Trae.. other guys have to move too.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Ok, I'll stop complaining. This team looks "alive" again.  They look like they can compete with any team in the East right now. I'm seeing flashes of last season after the All-Star break and everybody isn't even fully healthy yet. Rumors of this team freefalling (from myself) were greatly exaggerated. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Accountability is good. Now he needs to put those words into action when this situation comes up again. Making the same mistakes over and over again is getting hard to defend. 

morgan-freeman-pointing.gif.0bb27a54338136b05e43be19ea805b6c.gif