• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

lethalweapon3

9 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

I'm so curious about what he would look like if he could make it through the next few months and stay healthy.

My guess:

D014C9CB-2333-447B-AB86-5FD9CC356149.thumb.jpeg.8bd87b953a95554cb12d2e3bb2b2e2e3.jpeg

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think because Miami had their bunch of non-basketball looking players on the floor.

Robinson, Struss, Guy, Vincent, with Butler.     Robinson looks like a economist or something.  Like he works for H&R Block.   But Guy... Guy looks like a tweaker.   All of these guys can step off the bench and hit a three.   

Seriously though, OO jumps at everything.   We needed some fast guys who can keep up with the rest who won't  just jump. 

I was surprised to see Knox on the floor though.  

Non basketball looking guys? Sorry they don't conform to your ignorant stereotype of what a basketball player is supposed to look like. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, shakes said:

Gotta give a shout out to DePaul grad Max Strus.   There might not be a single player in the NBA who has worked harder and come further than Strus.      Started at National Lewis University and then transferred to DePaul.  Undrafted.  Unwanted.   Took him several years to finally get a team to give him a look beyond summer league.  And now look at him?  Guy is a shooting stud.   

I wouldn't say worked harder. Shit, Duncan Robinson came from even worse odds. 

I like Max game.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I wouldn't say worked harder. Shit, Duncan Robinson came from even worse odds. 

I like Max game.

I was thinking of Robinson, but it all depends what is lower, D2 or D3?   I know that may seem obvious, but it's not.  In hockey, D3 is better than D2.     Robinson started at Williams which is D3 and Strus started at Lewis which is D2.   Robinson ended up at Michigan which is a much better program than DePaul.

One disappointing thing from last night. An loud audible "let's go Heat" chant from the crowd in the 4th quarter that could be clearly heard on the broadcast. Atlanta sports fans are so weak, sorry but they are. An audible "let's go Hawks" chant from the crowd would never emanate at a game in Boston, New York, Philly, etc, not in a million years.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

One disappointing thing from last night. An loud audible "let's go Heat" chant from the crowd in the 4th quarter that could be clearly heard on the broadcast. Atlanta sports fans are so weak, sorry but they are. An audible "let's go Hawks" chant from the crowd would never emanate at a game in Boston, New York, Philly, etc, not in a million years.  

Too many transplants in the city. When I was younger I didn't even know NYC accents weren't native to the south. College was even worse. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You just noticed? It was worse last week when they visited, obviously. Always tons of Miami fans in the arena. I thought it would die down after Wade and LeBron left but it hasn’t.

Edited by High5
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Miami does a good a job as anyone at finding under the radar talent.

so did we, but then we let Nathan Knight walk for some inexplicable reason.    Guy looked solid every time he was on the floor last year.  

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Yeah, let's shit on an entire fan base because 1 to 2 thousand heat fans were in the Arena and could be heard when the Heat were making a run. 

All three of those franchises, Boston, NY, and Philly had MVP chants going for Steph just a few weeks ago.  I guess they are weak too?

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, let's shit on an entire fan base because 1 to 2 thousand heat fans were in the Arena and could be heard when the Heat were making a run. 

All three of those franchises, Boston, NY, and Philly had MVP chants going for Steph just a few weeks ago.  I guess they are weak too?

Recognizing a great player, a truly great player, like Kobe, LeBron, Michael, Steph, etc, is a normal tradition and fans know there are times you pay homage. But cheering for the other team? Never.

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Recognizing a great player, a truly great player, like Kobe, LeBron, Michael, Steph, etc, is a normal tradition and fans know there are times you pay homage. But cheering for the other team? Never.

They were literally yelling WAARRRRIOORRSS! In those game.  

That statement you made is so asinine. You literally called yourself weak. Unless you don't think you are a part of the Hawks fanbase.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, marco102 said:

They were literally yelling WAARRRRIOORRSS! In those game.  

That statement you made is so asinine. You literally called yourself weak. Unless you don't think you are a part of the Hawks fanbase.

Opposing fans taking over happens more here than other places. I'm sorry but that's the truth. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Non basketball looking guys? Sorry they don't conform to your ignorant stereotype of what a basketball player is supposed to look like. 

Duncan Robinson (basketball) - Wikipedia

Dan Majerle Art Print by Rocky Widner

Alright Bleachkit.  You tell me... which one of these guys look like a Basketball player?