• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Raptors

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Hawks are now 1 - 11 on the road vs current playoff/play-in teams, since Jan 1st.

Damn..

And I was just about to say how well we did given the circumstances. 

• Bad Refing...
  • No Gallo or JC

We had a chance to pull this one out with everything going against us. 

But I guess we just toss it in that pile of road losses. 

• Like 2

Tough loss but us and Brooklyn are going to leapfrog Cleveland as long as we can finish strong. Them losing to the Magic was huge. That was their last gimme game of the season.

Handle business, we will finish top 8

• Like 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

That's probably our only viable pathway to 8. We still have to beat the Heat on the road, a fact no one seems to care about.

We gotta beat Washington tomorrow. That's no gimme on a second of a back to back with both Trae and Bogi visibly nicked. Washington has played pretty well since Porzingis has come back from injury, if we go in looking ahead to Miami we won't win. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Tough one but not mad at the loss. We didn’t secure boards but gave a ton of effort. 

I like the way De’Andre Hunter stepped up tonight and he’s attacking the rim with some serious fury, that’s ways good it’s gonna free up his outside shot come playoff time.

Huerter is also getting it going with some nice perimeter looks and makes.

Trae is simply the best passer in the game today. That pass to Huerter for the corner pocket 3 with 4:21 left in quarter 1 was pretty awesome.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=AST&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022101182&PlayerID=1629027&RangeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612737&flag=1&sct=plot&section=game

Let’s get ready for the Wiz!

Go Hawks!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He's a 4.

This was the night Nate should've used him as the energy big, to help Capela out on the boards.

That's a playoff type of adjustment that Nate simply failed to even try.

Because we took the lead, Nate will claim that it almost worked, and that we just didn't make hustle plays down the stretch to win the game.

But back to Okongwu.  He's been very good all season, just not recently.  But he also needs a big to play alongside him.

OO has not been as consistent the last couple of weeks. Games like tonight make you understand why Schlenk gave Capela an extension.. smh...... OO either needs to learn how to shoot or defensive rebound. Otherwise, he will be a perpetual bench player.

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
On 4/3/2022 at 11:34 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm definitely unto something here: 1st Knox, then OO and now Hunter with his clutch freethrows and 10 rebounds.

For the next game versus the Raptors I'm gonna be calling out Huerter and Bogi for their 3 point dud vs the Nets 1-13...7%.

Gotta do better guys. 

Well.....mmmm...Huerter and Bogi 10-21 (47%) from 3 tonight. @thecampster

Unfortunately,  BIG fat dud from OO.

Screenshot_20220403-113516_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member

And now some Raps fans are saying OG is better than anyone on the Hawks besides Trae. Just comedy gold at realgm. I see saw about posting on that place and usually decide to post because it is worth a laugh while I'm working. But this kind of idiocy is just too much.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

And now some Raps fans are saying OG is better than anyone on the Hawks besides Trae. Just comedy gold at realgm. I see saw about posting on that place and usually decide to post because it is worth a laugh while I'm working. But this kind of idiocy is just too much.

O.G. more hurt over the years than Hunter. O.G. would be the 4th best Hawk behind JC, Capela, and obviously Trae. He's the 4th best Raptor too. Siakam, FVV, and Barnes are better. He would be 4th best on either team. Between him and Hunter, OG is better but I see them as similar players. OG is better but if you put Hunter in a similar offensive system, you would get similar results. But have similar peak PER but Hunter got a better contract situation. 

They are similar af too me. OG is a better scorer, better rebounder, more aggressive but Hunter is smarter, plays within the offense. 

Hunter is our 4th best player and would be 5th best with OG but even then, I don't believe the gap is that big. When you look at the contracts and what not, you realize, Hunter is a better buy long term as you get more controlled cheaper years. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That is what I wanted to see.  I guess there is another scenario where it could be a three way tie with Atlanta, Brooklyn, and Charlotte.  That seems unlikely.  

Ready for some good news? 
Our toughest remaining game is against Miami.  Miami owns the tiebreaker vs. Philly and Milwaukee.  Boston plays at Chicago on Wednesday AND at Milwaukee on Thursday.  If Boston loses either of those games, Miami will have clinched #1 seed before we play them on Friday.  So, Miami won't have a reason to win against us unless Boston wins back to back road games vs teams fighting for playoff seeding.  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member

Toronto's size is a problem for us.   They don't have one guy who's 7'3" or twin towers.. etc.  They put 4 guys on the court who are 6'9 or better and Active.  I rewatched a lot of their ORs..  it was mainly a big guy out rebounding Bogi or TLC.   In this chess Game, Nate has to learn to play OO with CC and take the loss in points.   If our Wangs can't get us points, then that's on us.. but we can't keep letting guys dominate the boards and thinking team rebounding can save the day.. come on NATE... you know better than that. 

'

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Refs were bad.

Our ability to keep them off the offensive boards was far worse.

They were equally bad. 

They got 20 OR... if they converted at 100%.. that's 40 points.

They got 31 FTs to our 12.   So not counting 31 points because they didn't get all makes.. however, we're talking getting in the bonus.  We're talking momentum stopping.   We're tallking about pivotal players getting in foul trouble at various times in the game.

I said this before.. Both things can be true at the same time.   The reffing was bad and the OR was bad. 

• Premium Member

Let me reiterate this Foul issue.

Before the final minutes of the fourth quarter, they had shot like 31 FTs to our 8.  Trae didn't get his first foul called for him until the 4th quarter.  .I could understand if our game was on the outside and we didn't get touched... however, I saw several plays where Trae was getting manhandled by the defender... and Hunter gets no respect... Hunter actually drove down the lane and got coldclocked... and there was nothing.   A few times. 

And everytime Siakim got the ball... if he went towards the basket, the refs had mouth on whistle..

Lots of Toronto homecooking.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, terrell said:

OO has not been as consistent the last couple of weeks. Games like tonight make you understand why Schlenk gave Capela an extension.. smh...... OO either needs to learn how to shoot or defensive rebound. Otherwise, he will be a perpetual bench player.

He was so fantastic when we went on that second seven game win streak... has not been good since. Can't forget OO has played in less games than some rooks. But his height worries me, I still think his future is at PF. 

9 hours ago, Diesel said:

Damn..

And I was just about to say how well we did given the circumstances. 

• Bad Refing...
  • No Gallo or JC

We had a chance to pull this one out with everything going against us. 

But I guess we just toss it in that pile of road losses. 

The game was lost in the second quarter when Nate had no quick answer to Toronto's offensive rebounding.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He was so fantastic when we went on that second seven game win streak... has not been good since. Can't forget OO has played in less games than some rooks. But his height worries me, I still think his future is at PF. 

OO hasn't regressed.   OO just haven't progressed.   OO is an energy player with good instincts.  That's all he is right now.  He will follow the ball like a dog.  That's good sometimes and sometimes other teams use that to maneuver him out of position.   

Right now...

He needs coaching working with him on the court and especially in the film room showing him his errors.  He's a smart guy and I have already seen him change his game for better in some places. 

Over the Summer...

He needs time with a big man's coach.  A good one.  I don't know who does it but it may be Hakeem or Kevin McHale... or whoever.  but he needs a guy that can teach him offense. 

The Center position is the hardest position on the court.   Some say PG but PGs is a birthright.   The Center position is usually the slowest developing position and it's basically because there's so many technical things that a center has to learn.   I think OO will get it.