• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Bruh u got to be kidding, u got to an acct at TAtf.  No player will be hated more than Ryan in this town 

They both never get any blame....

7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Such a masterclass of defensive scheming and coaching by Spo.  From the zones to the presses, double teams, stunts, playing small lineups, full-court pressing, mix in some box-and-one zone... completely outcoached so unbelievably hard it made the series hard to watch at times.  We averaged 114 in the RS and 98 in that series, oof.  I'm not even convinced we are THAT desperate for a secondary ball handler.  I think we just need an offensive system.  We run a garbage motionless offense.  PnR kept us afloat for the past 2 years but we need something else.

It's all about having that secondary offense to go to.

Nate's offense is give it to the guy who can score 1 on 1.  That's why he loved that De'Andre got red hot at the end.  Trae could just defer to him and let Dre work.

No offensive creativity whatsoever.

Toward the end of Woody's tenure, it was said that Larry Drew was his "offensive coordinator".  Maybe Nate needs one.

This team needs to get much more athletic too.  No more Lou Will's and TLC's to bring off the bench.  Give me some athletes.

Minnesota just ran one of the best time out 3 point plays I've ever seen.  Tie game with 3 seconds left.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Bruh u got to be kidding, u got to an acct at TAtf.  

I don't know what all that means.  But  The GOAT had to deal with the Jordan Rules for years.. and the Pistons beat the Bulls for 3 years straight in the playoffs because of it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Comeon FB..

Gimpy CC - wasn't himself. 

Gimpy JC  - Had absolutely no lift. 

Young OO - easily moved out of position. 

Where do you think our rebounding is coming from??

Yall been blaming injuries for like 3 -4 years now.. Every team deals with injuries.. smh

Edited by terrell

18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

That secondary scorer only score 35 points tonight.  We need a 40 point secondary scorer

Hunter is wildly inconsistent. He can put up 35 and have enough effort to grab 11 boards but other nights he’ll play the same minutes and grab 0 boards. He needs to give a consistent effort. 

10 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Should we have given Skylar some run? It felt like there were no adjustments at all this series. In an elimination game, most coaches get really creative. Nate stood on the sidelines with his arms crossed, using his stop watch to make subs. 

Skylar would be developed into a poor-man’s Brunson on the heat with coaches working day and night to improve his quickness and nutritionists and physicians expertly tailoring his diet and conditioning.  But the Hawks.

As Ja hits the game winning layup of all shots.  Michael Jordan shit.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Yeah....whomever it was on here that said Atlanta has a pathetic fanbase was spot on. At least when it comes to supporting our players.  Trae has an historic RS and he's largely crapped on by so called Hawks fans. Has a terrible post season and some "fans" are falling all over themselves to see who can tell us how much he sucks the quickest.

With fans like these who needs enemies?? 

Butler had a catastrophic playoff series last year. KD was incredibly bad this series outside of the last game, Towns had one bad playoff series and got a reputation as a terrible big game player.

Fact is 3/4s of our supporting cast was banged up or injured, probably Trae himself was playing with some kind of injury since last game. We've all seen Trae play a bunch and no one is going to convince me there isn't something wrong with his foot, he could barely move out there. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Yeah....whomever it was on here that said Atlanta has a pathetic fanbase was spot on. At least when it comes to supporting our players.  Trae has an historic RS and he's largely crapped on by so called Hawks fans. Has a terrible post season and some "fans" are falling all over themselves to see who can tell us how much he sucks the quickest.

Its so funny how y'all can't see how you do the exact same thing to his teammates.  Its really pretty funny to me.

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Nate's offense is give it to the guy who can score 1 on 1.  That's why he loved that De'Andre got red hot at the end.  Trae could just defer to him and let Dre work.

Toward the end of Woody's tenure, it was said that Larry Drew was his "offensive coordinator".  Maybe Nate needs one.

This team needs to get much more athletic too.  No more Lou Will's and TLC's to bring off the bench.  Give me some athletes.

Minnesota just ran one of the best time out 3 point plays I've ever seen.  Tie game with 3 seconds left.

Yep...

We should be more Athletic and run real offense aside from PNR.   We are not Utah, the PNR/PNP should be a set in a bigger scheme. 

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Historic RS didnt lead to wins...We were 9th in the East..Nobody cares about individual stats anymore..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AUhawksfan said:

Hunter is wildly inconsistent. He can put up 35 and have enough effort to grab 11 boards but other nights he’ll play the same minutes and grab 0 boards. He needs to give a consistent effort. 

And Trae was wildly consistent in this series except he was consistently bad.

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We got JJ and didn't play him a single minute despite being down big the majority of this series.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

13 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Such a masterclass of defensive scheming and coaching by Spo.  From the zones to the presses, double teams, stunts, playing small lineups, full-court pressing, mix in some box-and-one zone... completely outcoached so unbelievably hard it made the series hard to watch at times.  We averaged 114 in the RS and 98 in that series, oof.  I'm not even convinced we are THAT desperate for a secondary ball handler.  I think we just need an offensive system.  We run a garbage motionless offense.  PnR kept us afloat for the past 2 years but we need something else.

JeffS17 really might be becoming the best poster of the year. This. The offensive scheme is flawed. That said, it could work if you have the right players. With Trae's system limitations, man, it's gonna be so hard. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Yall been blaming injuries for like 3 -4 years now.. Every team deals with injuries.. smh

Yeah.. They do don't they...

Lakers had injuries last year and this year. 

Brooklyn had injuries last year. 

Dallas had injuries last year. 

are you saying that injuries don't factor?

It is what it is Terrell..

Oh yeah, i forgot.. you hate our team.

13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Easy to do when you see our lack of ball handlers. 

Having Lou would have helped because we could have spelled Trae and have somebody who can bring the ball up.   Delon is one of my favorite Hawks but he's more OG than PG. 

Well we had Sharife . . . but . . . we know how that goes, with rookies on this team.

• Like 3

We just need to worry about raising the floor of this damn team. Trae obviously played like dog shit this playoffs and struggled to beat anyone off the dribble without screens. That's problematic and something that will kill us no matter who we add or get rid of. Trae has to be the Trae we all know and love or else, we can't win. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Nate wasn't forced to do anything. When he HAS to create an offense from scratch he has failed everywhere he coached. He relied on Trae's elite offensive ability to keep him afloat. Doesn't work come playoff time. You have to adjust.

Lloyd got bounced for pushing back at Trae.  Nate wasn't stupid.