• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

We should have won two of the last three games.   Tonight's loss was hard.  Mainly to watch Dejounte struggle.  His struggles is not just with scoring, but he got some turnovers.   Now I could go through and talk about the missed fouls and phantom calls the refs made.. but from our standpoint, JC, buddy, you got to play better.   JC's defense and rebounding were great but his offense was bad.. but I can't just throw JC under the bus without throwing Trae under there by saying stop throwing JC the ball with less than 6 seconds left. 

We can play fast and we can move the ball and move without the ball.. we have to do that.   I think somebody said Nate asked for that. 

AJ may have hit the wall.

One of my friends is a Spurs fan and I have been venting to him about how we are playing and all he ever responds is 'Well, can't win them all.' While that is certainly the truth, that doesn't take away from the fact of looking at your team and their struggles in both the short term and long term. Obviously still time to string some wins together and feel good about the team again, 61 f***ing games left, but if things do not change on a fundamental, tactical, whatever word you want to use level, sooner, rather than later, this season will be a wash.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

I think I'm gonna need my father's blood pressure medication... JC where is your common sense?

JC has always been a low IQ player...

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We had 7 TOs in that 4th quarter. 7

Smh

5 minutes ago, Packfill said:

Hawks bubble performance starting to seem more like an outlier performance rather than the norm.  Someone prove me wrong please! 

Let’s see. That was an amazing 50 game stretch from around the time Pierce got canned to the end of the Bucks series. They have played around 100 games since and are probably around 55-45. So, yeah, with twice the sample of games, they are slightly above average. So, yeah, FLUKE.

2 minutes ago, Alf said:

One of my friends is a Spurs fan and I have been venting to him about how we are playing and all he ever responds is 'Well, can't win them all.' While that is certainly the truth, that doesn't take away from the fact of looking at your team and their struggles in both the short term and long term. Obviously still time to string some wins together and feel good about the team again, 61 f***ing games left, but if things do not change on a fundamental, tactical, whatever word you want to use level, sooner, rather than later, this season will be a wash.

Bogi's return is the only thing giving me hope at the moment. We can't play much worse than how we've played to start the season, so there's clearly some upside if the coaching staff figures out how to do their job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Give me an inefficient 20 points over an inefficient 30 points any day. You guys really want to see Trae take 30 shots while everyone else stands around? No thanks. Long term, I'll take smart efficient Trae over chucker Trae any day. 

Never said 30 shots. But 14 and a loss is a joke. Give me 20 shots and 30+ points with a win. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

14 for the game. But hey, that's what some want. Minimal shots, 10 assists, only 3 TOs. Even held them to 104 pts. What's not to like? I mean besides the losing part. Just ignore that. SMH

LOL . . that's what they want.

Trae is giving them want they want, until he says "f--- it".

Hell, Trae's defense was even decent tonight.

Hey Trae ( if you watch the Squawk ) . . . give them what they want for one more game.  But if you lose to the Magic, you just do what you do, and let the chips fall where they may.  You play YOUR game, and see if that's enough to get back on the winning track.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

The problem is the Zone. We are struggling when teams deploy it. We aren't shooting well enough from 3 to bust it and Nate has no Offensive design sets to get the ball swinging and inside vs the zone.

I noticed that too.   First half.. we dominate.  Second half... we become a three jacking team. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We should have won two of the last three games.   Tonight's loss was hard.  Mainly to watch Dejounte struggle.  His struggles is not just with scoring, but he got some turnovers.   Now I could go through and talk about the missed fouls and phantom calls the refs made.. but from our standpoint, JC, buddy, you got to play better.   JC's defense and rebounding were great but his offense was bad.. but I can't just throw JC under the bus without throwing Trae under there by saying stop throwing JC the ball with less than 6 seconds left. 

We can play fast and we can move the ball and move without the ball.. we have to do that.   I think somebody said Nate asked for that. 

AJ may have hit the wall.

Too much pressure is being put on AJ to be the volume bench scorer these past 2 games.  And he's hunting 3s, instead of just taking what the offense gives him.  3 - 15 from 3 in the last 2 games, out of 19 total shots.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The problem is the Zone. We are struggling when teams deploy it. We aren't shooting well enough from 3 to bust it and Nate has no Offensive design sets to get the ball swinging and inside vs the zone.

Oprah Winfrey Hmm GIF - Oprah Winfrey Hmm Not Sure - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 3