• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Mavericks

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

His play has looked more under control recently.

That's what happens when u don't sit on the bench like in his first year..waste..gotta get some playing time

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's crazy, good one @Spud2nique

All games have been close lately...GO HAWKS !!

Useless complaint alert ....

So I haven't listened to nbaradio for a few weeks.  Figured I'd tune in just to get a sense for the tone now that we've won a few.

Welp, they didn't mention the MIA win a few days ago.  They gave our score, mentioned we won and how much a certsin Mav scored.  No analysis.

But don't worry, they were sure to break down MIA's win over NOP last night.  Including a few words on how well they've been playing lately and how they're a team that's gonna be dangerous in the playoffs.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Useless complaint alert ....

So I haven't listened to nbaradio for a few weeks.  Figured I'd tune in just to get a sense for the tone now that we've won a few.

Welp, they didn't mention the MIA win a few days ago.  They gave our score, mentioned we won and how much a certsin Mav scored.  No analysis.

But don't worry, they were sure to break down MIA's win over NOP last night.  Including a few words on how well they've been playing lately and how they're a team that's gonna be dangerous in the playoffs.

I am just so glad you are never bitter about the family rivalry with MIA kg.  🙂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

There WILL be times he scores 30 without taking offensive stalling bad 3pt shots and forcing the issue in traffic. When Trae doesn't force everyone else becomes involved. League is too talented in 2023 to think our 6 foot PG is going to outduel Durant, Luka, Jokic, Giannis, Mitchell, Embiid etc. consistently. We need to figure out how to play as a team every night offensively because there IS enough talent (if we can somehow stay healthy) on this team to possibly compete but only if everyone is contributing and engaged. 

We'll see.  He's already won a playoff series vs Embiid and then proceeded to go to the Bucks and put up 48 points winning game 1. 

Most likely we need another big shot on the front court to be a true contender.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I want JJ to get minutes too but last night it was 22, 24, 33 for CC, OO, JC.   Who are  you taking minutes from ?

This has been on my radar and I've been bringing it up since the 2021 Summer League.  Back then I said that between JJ, JC, OO, and CC there were four guys who could all be quality front court starters.  Today, there are 3 quality starters there and 1 guy who could be and he needs minutes to improve and prove himself.

This is where as a GM you MAXIMIZE the return on a redundancy of talent.  OO and JJ have potential.  JC and CC are known commodities.  Moving any of these guys to cut costs (or to boost a playoff push) is like cashing in a stock bonus to buy a damn television.  That's exactly how Joe Johnson ended up in Phoenix and subsequently to us.

IMHO, something needs to give between our front court surplus.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, Wretch said:

We're totally gonna win this game. I believe in the Hawks! 

16 hours ago, Wretch said:

I'm predicting a BIG, FAT, (W) tonight BTW...! 

Bring It On GIF - Bring It On - Discover & Share GIFs

LETS GO HAWKS!

I'M ALWAYS TRUE TO ATLANTA! 

I hope folks caught the edit jokes and don't think I was serious...lol.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Looking back, a few things stood out to me last night:

• Bogi had 5 assists -- he can be a bit of a ball stopper some nights, but it was nice to see this side of him
  • Trae's floor game was phenomenal
  • Nate deserves credit for the last 4 games, given the things myself and others blamed him for have improved: ball movement, rotations, game management.  I could nitpick a few things but he's been better.
  • Trading JC is almost certainly going to make the team worse, but it will likely open up minutes for JJs development.  Silver lining...

Give Nate his due.  I'm going to say it again, because it's really hard for people to break out of the binary "this or that" type of debates on the Squawk.  I have always maintained that Nate is a good coach but that he may not be the right coach for this team.  I like Nate's coaching style.  I don't like his rigid methodologies and response to things.  I think he would be better served with a good X's and O's guy to compliment his leadership.

These games, and the best of our games TBH, are not enough for me to change my mind about the fit though.  It would take a MONSTER turnaround and post-season finish for that.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Give Nate his due.  I'm going to say it again, because it's really hard for people to break out of the binary "this or that" type of debates on the Squawk.  I have always maintained that Nate is a good coach but that he may not be the right coach for this team.  I like Nate's coaching style.  I don't like his rigid methodologies and response to things.  I think he would be better served with a good X's and O's guy to compliment his leadership.

These games, and the best of our games TBH, are not enough for me to change my mind about the fit though.  It would take a MONSTER turnaround and post-season finish for that.

tenor.gif?itemid=13402607

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jdawgflow said:

I am just so glad you are never bitter about the family rivalry with MIA kg.  🙂

He wasn't able to make it to Thanksgiving but I know he loves my mom's cookin'.  I made sure to send pics of all the food and desserts. 🙂

What?  I'm sure he was enjoying Mrs. Heat-fan's stellar cooking instead.  Freezer-burned tv dinner turkey 'n stuffin' is ...... great too ... right?

😏

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, terrell said:

The look on Mark Cuban's face last night was one of utter Disgust!!!  

download.jpg.e242516ee7e324615c9292ab25165042.jpg

I haven't seen Doncic's dad look that disgusted since his buddy Vlade Divac told him he was thinking of drafting his kid,