• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards: GAME 5

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, JTB said:

Oh shut up you were quiet the last two games! You have some personal issue with Dwight and always look to blame him when there were clearly issues with others....assuming you didn't watch the game again with your comments it was very winnable for the Hawks but the refs decided not to call moving screens and suddenly millsap can get hacked by gortat.

refs called the game differently it is what it is. They showed tonight the NBA don't want the Hawks to win this series and that's why the Hawks should have stole games 1&2 when the refs were respecting them.

wizards showed they can't guard us and EVERYTHING YOU said about Morris owning millsap was completely absurd! No f*ckin player on that roster can guard millsap...it's too bad the refs didn't want to give him what he deserved like they've been doing games 1-4...they KNEW the Hawks would likely close them out in game 6

I haven't been quiet and I watched this game. Little things like not even moving when Oubre went for the dunk are killer.

I am right on Markieff being the difference from 2015, although not really defensively.

• Sap played well overall but at the end it seems WSH figured Sap out, but he kept attacking and taking well contested shots. I know he made such a shot last game but did he relly expect to repeat that in another cluch situation? Even mor than once? It seems him wanting to earn a max deal was also part of losing this game.
  • Why weren't the Hawks taking the easy two and start fouling then? They were down four and wasted all the time left to get a look for a 3 which wouldn't have helped with under a second to go...
  • Only 19 bench points... ugh Bazemore doesn't only costs the Hawks $70M, He also costs them this series...
  • We lost 3 winnable game sin WSH... That will hurt us...
  • Dennis' best game of his career so far... wasted... I don't expect him to repeat such a performance next game, so if nobody steps up this series will be over...
  • Like 4

Just now, JSmooooove said:

Lmao Markieff has been garbage. Just stop. If anything he's the only reason the Hawks are still in this series. 

He played great in the regular season series and the fact he stretches the floor changes everything for Washington against Atlanta.

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

He played great in the regular season series and the fact he stretches the floor changes everything for Washington against Atlanta.

No. Ya boy Kieff played TWENTY MINUTES. Compare that to the other Washington starters. Was he even playing in the 4the? Again, just stop.

• Like 1

END OF SEASON ?  COULD BE.  ODDS SAY, YES.

Fact #1 - 21-14 free throws.  That 7 points would have been nice.

Fact #2 - Blazeless one went 3 for 12 and 0 for 5 from downtown.

Maybe he did some great things that I didn't see but he sure looked

bad when he shot, didn't he.  (Yet Bud insisted he stay in the game)

Ah, well.

Falcons don't draft until almost the end tomorrow.

Braves have fallen down, face first, early in the season.

Dream, without Angel, will start soon but, with the Hawks home, which

is also their home, being renovated, will be in temporary home all season.

• Like 1

We will continue to try - since we are the Hawks.  Bottom line is we won 60 games a couple years ago and made it to the ECFs for the first time the team was in Atlanta.  We have ONE starting player from that team left - and many of the backups have also moved on.  Granted it didn't look like we were going to win an Eastern Conference Championship unless LeBron suddenly took up skydiving as an off-season hobby but...things  can happen.

You take the PG situation out of the equasion...Teague  (now on  Indy) or Dennis as starters and add in Al Horford (now starting for the Celtics and FAR better than Dwight)...DMC...better than any "3" we have.  Kyle Korver - still a three point threat  for the CAVs and of course Millsap who just does his best no matter what team he is playing for...and we beat the Wiz...simple as that.

rd to paraphrase:  "Baze is not only costing us $70million...he is also costing us this series"

Tough call rd - he certainly isn't helping much - occasional flashes but missing far too many open shots.

He has made some serious athletic plays (which Bud likely got excited about) but he is far from what ole Bud had hoped.  I see him as a 6th - maybe 7th guy who can help a team - in NO WAY a $70million dollar player.

It's not his fault that our ignorant talent evaluators overpaid for his limited skills.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

I haven't been quiet and I watched this game. Little things like not even moving when Oubre went for the dunk are killer.

I am right on Markieff being the difference from 2015, although not really defensively.

He did move, but Gortat was holding his arm.  If you were watching foxsports south, they showed it on the replay and bob pointed it outl

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He did move, but Gortat was holding his arm.  If you were watching foxsports south, they showed it on the replay and bob pointed it outl

Not my thing to look at everything, but it seemed like he reacted so slow on that. Same as he reacted slowly on a lot of other things in this one.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

Great preview lw3!!! Another masterpiece!! 

Obviously bummed about the outcome but this is one of the few games that I don't have much to complain about as far as things we could control. We played a really good game on the road in my opinion. Sets up an interesting game 6. I'm confident yet humble. Keep doing the little things and play for each other and we will be good.

ps Timmy and Baze need to regroup and come out focused and ready to impact game 6.

They may have won the battle, but we will win the war.

GO HAWKS!

7 hours ago, DJlaysitup said:

rd to paraphrase:  "Baze is not only costing us $70million...he is also costing us this series"

Tough call rd - he certainly isn't helping much - occasional flashes but missing far too many open shots.

He has made some serious athletic plays (which Bud likely got excited about) but he is far from what ole Bud had hoped.  I see him as a 6th - maybe 7th guy who can help a team - in NO WAY a $70million dollar player.

It's not his fault that our ignorant talent evaluators overpaid for his limited skills.

For sure you always can blame the GM for overpaying and the coach for playing bad playing players. But at the end of the day I expect a veteran NBA SG/SF to hit at least one of 5 partly wide open threes, no matter how much he earns. One very big differences yesterday was their supporting cast hitting at least some open threes, ours didn't. 

On at least two occations a wide open corner three was missed by the Hawks and answered seconds later with a made wide open corner three by the Wiz. You do the math...

The hawks shot 9 out of 31 yesterday from three. That's 29%. Bad? Let's have a look on the numbers without Dennis's shots (who hit the three well above his abilities yesterday) then the Hawks made 4 out of 25 - THAT'S 16%, and yes Dennis hit more threes yesterday than all other Hawks combined. By the way the Wiz only shot 29.2% from three too... 

I don't see the Hawks winning this series anymore. Hawks had three chances to steal a game on the road. We might win at home again - something I wouldn't bet money on - but I have no idea how we could counter them again. We were able to strike in various ways before but now we don't get the calls, I doubt Dwight can squeese another big game out of his body, Wiz already kept Dennis out of the paint or at least well contested (we only had a chance yesterday because Dennis dreamed of being Steph the night before)...

Edited by rd79
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Lurker said:

Dwight was clearly being held by Gortat on that play.  Even Bob pointed that out during the broadcast.

• Like 1