• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Cam might end up a defensive role player if he cant get his act together. 

Its the side burns....He and Trae need to hit me up for a trim...lol

26 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We're you saying that after the 1st quarter as well? 

I was saying it before the game.  I was mostly pleased with the first half, especially Capela, but we weren't able to stretch out our lead when it felt like we were thoroughly outplaying them. They didn't quite have that push to get them over the top.

4 minutes ago, High5 said:

I was saying it before the game.  I was mostly pleased with the first half, especially Capela, but we weren't able to stretch out our lead when it felt like we were thoroughly outplaying them. They didn't quite have that push to get them over the top.

I'm not big on the "well it's a back to back, so we will be tired and likely lose." That's a defeatist mentality. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not big on the "well it's a back to back, so we will be tired and likely lose." That's a defeatist mentality. 

Very special circumstances in this case. Not that losing was a given, obviously, just that it's not surprising. 

Edited by High5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

There was nothing about that Cleveland team or how they played that suggested that they are better than us.   So in essence we gave away this game.   The refs didn't help.  I think the refs wanted this game to be more competitive going into the 3rd.   The keys are our guys have to learn to win on the 2nd night of a back to back (that includes the coaches).  Our guys need to learn to win in spite of the refs.  Our guys need to figure out who is our 2nd scorer.  Unfortunately, there needs to be a hierarchy.   We can't say it's Trae and then everybody else can be the scorer... our offensive identity needs to be settled.  Great game from Clint.   For as much s____ as this board has given him over the past few days... give him praise too.

I agree Diesel. We gave that game away. We didn't even play that well and barely loss. It did appear the Bogi was suppose to be the 2nd scorer last night but he was hitting crap. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

That second half was a slog.  I agree with @High5 that it wasn't a total surprise given that we had been amped up for games against two of the last 3 nights and were missing  several key pieces in the rotation (Rondo being the most significant last night).  Still was a bit of a stinker.  Team will have to go spend some time in the film room but c'est la vie.  

Clint Capela and his free throws.  He throws line drives at the goal.  Terrible results as he bounces it off the front or the back of the rim.  Someone teach him to put an arch on this shot and let it drop in.  

What if he misses?  Well, he misses these line drive attempts.  Rainbow shots from the line.  Much better.  Someone please teach him this !!

5 for 5 misses on line drive attempts.  Help him!  Please !!

😪

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Clint Capela and his free throws.  He throws line drives at the goal.  Terrible results as he bounces it off the front or the back of the rim.  Someone teach him to put an arch on this shot and let it drop in.  

What if he misses?  Well, he misses these line drive attempts.  Rainbow shots from the line.  Much better.  Someone please teach him this !!

5 for 5 misses on line drive attempts.  Help him!  Please !!

😪

He should try the Rick Barry shot. It's way easier.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

He should try the Rick Barry shot. It's way easier.

Too much ego for these guys.  They'd rather miss more shots than look silly hitting more of them.  It isn't just Capela.  It is all bad FT shooters.  Ego.

• Like 4

Just now, AHF said:

Too much ego for these guys.  They'd rather miss more shots than look silly hitting more of them.  It isn't just Capela.  It is all bad FT shooters.  Ego.

Anyone below 60% should try the Rick Barry shot. It's an easier motion. But like you said, players don't like the aesthetics of it.

• Like 3

Watching the Hawks in the late 3rd-4th was like watching the Falcons. I've never seen so much talent just shoot themselves in the foot so much with dumb possessions, missed opportunities, and outright cracking. 
For context, I could stomach the loss to the Nets, because we played well. But against the Cavs, it started not being fun to watch.

It's only one game but there are some things I dont like.

1) Our star player not only vanished but he was part of the problem with poor shots, turnovers, and missing good shots. Trae is slumping the last couple of games. He needs to pull it together.

2) All of the "Vets" we have, and there wasn't a voice loud enough to wake us up. Too much money spent this off season to lack leadership. Looked like preseason deja vu

3) "We proved we are not a joke"~JC. And we follow that proclamation up with a dud? You want to make a statement, do it with your play, night in and night out. No excuses, no "off games"

4) I said this during the summer, we are missing a go-to post scorer. When games get ugly, all we can do is run more sets and throw up shots. We need a guy who we can throw it in to the mid-post and let him go to work, and get fouled or easy buckets. JC, Dre, and Gallo all have varying levels of this ability, but none would be considered as a "Go-To" guy. That needs to change if we really want to make noise as a playoff team. Via addition or development. Every champion contender has that guy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, kg01 said:

Oh ... I think i get the joke now?  First Bruno, now this guy.   Oh ok, I get it now ..... I think?

It's not a joke.  It's real life.

It's a shortened season with a ton of back to backs, and very few games in which we're going to have 2 days rest.

The Hawks are about to play 14 games in 25 nights. 

If our vets are hurting, the Hawks may have to rely on the kids.  Even if LP makes it a point to play some reserves on designated nights, it probably needs to happen this year.

• Like 1