• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Clippers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What an odd game.  We played 90's style kinda.  Low 3pt shot total.

Collins lookin like a 90's Pf on D.

Sometimes these are the games we need when teams slow us down...dig in defensively and execute on offense.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

He hit one actually. The other two threes he hit were catch and shoot threes from the corner. 

Did that change the context of my comment? Trae hit the one 30 footer he took tonight. I watched the game so I'm aware of his other two shot attempts.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Your biggest complaints last year, have been addressed with this team.  Defense and rebounding.  Coaching has something to do with that. You have to give the man some credit.

I know you don't like the three pointer shooting,  but the Hawks are 14th in the league in three point shot attempts. whispers, but 22nd in percentage.

Did you watch the last game when they put up 25 in the 1st quarter?  Plus having Capela take zero cuts down on your attempts.

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Your biggest complaints last year, have been addressed with this team.  Defense and rebounding.  Coaching has something to do with that. You have to give the man some credit.

I know you don't like the three pointer shooting,  but the Hawks are 14th in the league in three point shot attempts. whispers, but 22nd in percentage.

Coaching has nothing to do with that. That's all personnel changes. Pierce has changed nothing. He still goes with whatever he wrote in his diary the night before, no adjustments or imagination

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Did that change the context of my comment? Trae hit the one 30 footer he took tonight. I watched the game so I'm aware of his other two shot attempts.

You can't be making a case for him to shoot more 30 footers are you? 

Just now, Peoriabird said:

You can't be making a case for him to shoot more 30 footers are you? 

No, not more, but to take them selectively.  They are a real part of his game, that open things up for him.  Not saying shoot 10 game a game.  1 or 2 every other game or so is fine.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Actually it was John Collins coaching a lot of those shots out of Trae not the coaching staff.

1 minute ago, Cwell said:

Like simply replacing bums like Damien Jones with Clint Capela doesn't cause a huge bump in defense and rebounding. What philosophy did Pierce change? I'll wait

So nothing's changed, but the players and the Hawks have a top 10 defense.  Thanks for making my point.  Obviously the players were so young or bad last year, those areas couldn't be addressed by simply coaching.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trae with only 4 assists..Hes had some low assist games this year..Weird....Played great though..

I was wrong. Trae had 5 assists..They gave him another one..lol

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

So nothing's changed, but the players and the Hawks have a top 10 defense.  Thanks for making my point.  Obviously the players were so young or bad last year, those areas couldn't be addressed by simply coaching.

I didn't prove your point at all. You said coaching was a reason, and I refuted with the truth. Pierce is a lame duck coach, who's success falls solely on talent talenting ie Capela being the defending, shot blocking and rebounding machine he's always been. Just like Woody, and just like Woody it won't work when the games start to truly matter. When teams truly game plan for you. Pierce doesn't have one stamp on this team, and that's the sign of a great coach.

Edited by Cwell

28 minutes ago, Cwell said:

I didn't prove your point at all. You said coaching was a reason, and I refuted with the truth. Pierce is a lame duck coach, who's success falls solely on talent talenting ie Capela being the defending, shot blocking and rebounding machine he's always been. Just like Woody, and just like Woody it won't work when the games start to truly matter. When teams truly game plan for you. Pierce doesn't have one stamp on this team, and that's the sign of a great coach.

Pierce must get credit for the offensive development of our players.

- Trae was seen as a "boom or bust" type of guy.  LP's offense gives Trae the "keys to the car", and maximizes almost all of his offensive skill sets

- Collins was not a 3 point shooter in college, in any way.  His jumper was seen as one of his biggest weakness.  Now, he's a 40% knockdown 3 point shooter.

- Hunter was a reliable scorer in college, but was seen as a defensive stopper.  In the NBA, his offense is much better than his defense.

• Like 1