• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Clippers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Pierce must get credit for the offensive development of our players.

- Trae was seen as a "boom or bust" type of guy.  LP's offense gives Trae the "keys to the car", and maximizes almost all of his offensive skill sets

- Collins was not a 3 point shooter in college, in any way.  His jumper was seen as one of his biggest weakness.  Now, he's a 40% knockdown 3 point shooter.

- Hunter was a reliable scorer in college, but was seen as a defensive stopper.  In the NBA, his offense is much better than his defense.

I have a hard time with this one Northcyde.  Trae plays like he played in college.  Volume shooter who turns the ball over while taking a lot of bad shots.  This is who he is now also.  He has reign some of that in but that was after Collins called him out not the coaching staff

John's shooting has improve but how does a coach improve someone's shot?  That's up to the player.  John's offensive versatility to me has always been under utilized under Pierce.

Hunter has always played with discipline.  He just couldn't finish last year and his handle where not good.  He worked on that himself while away from coaching this summer.

Lets look at the ultimate coach's project in Cam Reddish...Dude looks worse than ever

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Pierce must get credit for the offensive development of our players.

- Trae was seen as a "boom or bust" type of guy.  LP's offense gives Trae the "keys to the car", and maximizes almost all of his offensive skill sets

- Collins was not a 3 point shooter in college, in any way.  His jumper was seen as one of his biggest weakness.  Now, he's a 40% knockdown 3 point shooter.

- Hunter was a reliable scorer in college, but was seen as a defensive stopper.  In the NBA, his offense is much better than his defense.

Any more "stamps" and LP can qualify as a philatelist! 🙂

~lw3

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I have a hard time with this one Northcyde.  Trae plays like he played in college.  Volume shooter who turns the ball over while taking a lot of bad shots.  This is who he is now also.  He has reign some of that in but that was after Collins called him out not the coaching staff

John's shooting has improve but how does a coach improve someone's shot?  That's up to the player.  John's offensive versatility to me has always been under utilized under Pierce.

Hunter has always played with discipline.  He just couldn't finish last year and his handle where not good.  He worked on that himself while away from coaching this summer.

Lets look at the ultimate coach's project in Cam Reddish...Dude looks worse than ever

So all player improvement is attributed solely to the player while all lack of player improvement is held against the coach.  Seems fair (and certainly unbiased).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

So all player improvement is attributed solely to the player while all lack of player improvement is held against the coach.  Seems fair (and certainly unbiased).  

I don't think Trae has improved.  Dre's improvement came during the summer of Covid where there was no coaching.  He said it himself.

Huerter redeemed himself like no other. I am watching the game and I was like this has to the the worst I have ever seen any professional basket player ever play. Then he makes up for in the 4th and all is forgiven. 

PS--Whenever Reggie Jackson is your leading scorer you are probably going to lose the game!!

Edited by Wurider05
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wurider05 said:

PS--Whenever Reggie Jackson is your leading scorer you are probably going to lose the game!!

His consistent tenure in the league always escaped me although I admit I never would’ve thought he had a 2:1 assist to turn ratio.  I always thought he was a born overseas superstar like Jimmer.  Pretty safe bets against any team with him or Ricky Rubio starting lol.

I’ll never understand coaches’ underutilization of Zubac.  He’d get all the minutes he wants on my team especially with injuries.  Dude put up 13 and 10 in 18 minutes and I don’t remember him allowing any PNR lobs, Ibaka gets 28 minutes with 1 defensive rebound.  Zubac is huge even by NBA standards and Cap still pulls down 19 boards wtf.  

I don’t care if we’re on a B2B Brooklyn in trouble tonight down low.  Depending on KD and Jeff Green to do work down low on Cap and John 8 point favorites my ass.  Gallo has to look better than a corpse tho. 

• Premium Member

OK....  We need a vet to knock the Youth off of these guys.   I love my Hawks and it was a good win...even though George and the Claw did not play.  But here's my old man rant.

Trae...  You are not Steph Curry.  I don't care if it does go in once every 11 times... Stop that. 

Hunter and Cam.... Stop Posing everytime you shoot a three. 

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi628471321

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

This is beginning to look like Ringling Bros.  The same tired clown act piling out of the tiny car(argument).  Jokes not even funny anymore.  LP is an average coach where coaching is overrated.  Tyronn Lue has a title for goodness sake.   The Hawks juist went 5-5 with major injuries.  Our star is playing very well and 3 other starters as well. If your miserable through that, you aren't a Hawks fan.  Stop pretending.  Question: Is it more important for the Hawks to win or to win how you want them to win?  Damn your aesthetics, give me the W.

Just ignore les miserables.  Life is much less stressful that way.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Even better, he isn't cheating on either end of the floor to optimize his rebounding opportunities.  Rodman used to do that a lot in the Chicago years.  Capela is doing while protecting the rim and running his role on offense.

So he's not Andre Drummond'ng?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I’ll never understand coaches’ underutilization of Zubac.  He’d get all the minutes he wants on my team especially with injuries.  Dude put up 13 and 10 in 18 minutes and I don’t remember him allowing any PNR lobs, Ibaka gets 28 minutes with 1 defensive rebound.  Zubac is huge even by NBA standards and Cap still pulls down 19 boards wtf.  

I don’t care if we’re on a B2B Brooklyn in trouble tonight down low.  Depending on KD and Jeff Green to do work down low on Cap and John 8 point favorites my ass.  Gallo has to look better than a corpse tho. 

He was killing us on ORebs, post moves, etc.......I kept wanting LAC to take him out and they did.  LAC underutilized last season in favour of Montrzl too.  I don't get it.

You can't keep CC from getting that ball, he wants it more.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Well i just got here but i guess i shouldn't be surprised by the last page of this thread.  I hate to jump in on an argument (do i?).   So Hunter gets all the credit for improving himself because there was no offseason coach but coaches failed to develop Cam in the offseason when there was no offseason coaching?   Got it.

I believe we are a top 10 offensive and defensive team right now with really only the addition of Capela.  Someone's doing something right.

tenor.gif?itemid=10977778

You can't...cause it doesn't. :laugh1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

This is beginning to look like Ringling Bros.  The same tired clown act piling out of the tiny car(argument).  Jokes not even funny anymore.  LP is an average coach where coaching is overrated.  Tyronn Lue has a title for goodness sake.   The Hawks juist went 5-5 with major injuries.  Our star is playing very well and 3 other starters as well. If your miserable through that, you aren't a Hawks fan.  Stop pretending.  Question: Is it more important for the Hawks to win or to win how you want them to win?  Damn your aesthetics, give me the W.

Honestly I think coaching might be a little overrated. When Steve Kerr went out because of health problems, the dubs continued on their historic run with Luke Walton as coach. It's mostly about the players. Where in game coaching matters is in the playoffs though.

• Like 2