• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Clippers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

This was a good game. LA made the Hawks slow it down and execute.  The Hawks played great defense.  

Trae's coming out of his slump.  "The apologies need to be as loud as the disrespect!"

Client Capela has been a godsend.  Top 3 center in the East.

If Kevin closes out like that, I can take slow first halves.

Hunter is more than 3 and D.  His self creation is night and day from last year.

JC defensive player of the game?

Only real negative tonight was Gallo. 2 pts? Come on man, we're paying you 20 million a year.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Gallo didn't give us much tonight. Still on 15 minutes restrictions.

He looked like he was walking in cement out there. 

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What an odd game.  We played 90's style kinda.  Low 3pt shot total.

Collins lookin like a 90's Pf on D.

The Hawks are tops in FT rate, 15th in 3 pt rate, and 22nd in 3 pt %.  After last season’s debacle (19th FT rate, 11th 3 pt rate, dead last in 3 pt percentage) I welcome the smarter overall team offensive approach with open arms.  I would venture to guess the Hawks are taking and making a lot more mid range shots too.  

Hunter’s improvement has been a real floor-raiser for the squad; his great shot selection is contagious.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Everybody loved Dan Quinn and Mike Smith!

Your biggest complaints last year, have been addressed with this team.  Defense and rebounding.  Coaching has something to do with that. You have to give the man some credit.

I know you don't like the three pointer shooting,  but the Hawks are 14th in the league in three point shot attempts. whispers, but 22nd in percentage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2