• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pacers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Says we not prepared for the defenses they are throwing at us like the box and 1, etc. It seems like to me, teams change their style of play against us for what they do and we are having issues adjusting. 

CLP is a solid developer and teacher, but he's not much of an in game coach, at least based on what I've seen.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Only making 3.5 mil per year. We could of signed him easily.

I didn’t realize he had a career eFG of .512 even as arguably the worst FT shooter in the league and the Holy Grail 3:1 assist to turnover rate.  7 years younger, getting half of what Rondo is.  SMGDH.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Trae is a little dude. If a defense is dead set on stopping him from scoring, the right play is for him to defer, instead of him taking tough contested shots. 

This is just my opinion, but Trae fancies himself the star of the team. The Alpha. Well stars make the tough, contested shots late in the game. I'm not saying he should take contested shots all game. The way he played the first 3 quarters was fine. 

But when the game started to slip away, he should have been the alpha and forced the issue. I think he's good enough to do that personally. And I'd rather he take tough shots than Cam take wide open shots. There were several possessions down the stretch when Kevin brought the ball up that Trae didn't even touch it. No way that's the best option for Hawks success in my mind.

If its a coaching thing fine. I'm already at the point of wanting LP gone. But I'm assuming it's Trae just continuing to try to look for the open man when at some point the star has to say F it I'm not losing again. 

I mean, is he a star or not?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

I didn’t realize he had a career eFG of .512 even as arguably the worst FT shooter in the league and the Holy Grail 3:1 assist to turnover rate.  7 years younger, getting half of what Rondo is.  SMGDH.

He's a career 75% FT shooter. His number this year is just a fluke, it's largely due to him only having 9 FTA on the year, and missed them for whatever reason.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

CLP is a solid developer and teacher, but he's not much of an in game coach, at least based on what I've seen.

So what is Travis waiting on? Its gonna be too late before long..

Edited by terrell

TS is not firing his first coach mid-season. He is going to wait until the end of the year to make a decision.

Yeah I guess he might as well get another lottery pick out of the deal. lol

• Haha 1

TS is not firing his first coach mid-season. He is going to wait until the end of the year to make a decision.

Which just means he's wasting everyone's time.

The right decision delayed is the wrong decision.  Or something like that...

Point is, if he knows he's not keeping LP there's no benefit to delaying the firing and wasting a year.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Point is, if he knows he's not keeping LP there's no benefit to delaying the firing and wasting a year.

A bad problem doesn't get any better over time might work.

All the Hawks have to do is stay ahead of Chicago, Orlando, Cleveland, Detroit, and Washington in the standings to make the play-in game..lol

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Maybe we turn it around. Probably not with all the injuries. But he is going to give him the second half of the year to turn it around.

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So how does the play in game work exactly?

7th seed vs 10th seed.

8th seed vs 9th seed.

lowest seed has to win 2 games to make Playoffs

highest seed has to win 1 game to make Playoffs.

We'd be playing Toronto if it started today..

I could be wrong though..lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

LP was brought in to be the development guy.  But, Trae being better than anyone thought in year two changed the timeline and expectations.  The Hawks are no longer in the developmental stage because of Trae.  LP is simply not the guy to lead the team at the level the Hawks want to be at right now.  They're giving him the opportunity this season, but they know he's not the guy.

16 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

This is just my opinion, but Trae fancies himself the star of the team. The Alpha. Well stars make the tough, contested shots late in the game. I'm not saying he should take contested shots all game. The way he played the first 3 quarters was fine. 

But when the game started to slip away, he should have been the alpha and forced the issue. I think he's good enough to do that personally. And I'd rather he take tough shots than Cam take wide open shots. There were several possessions down the stretch when Kevin brought the ball up that Trae didn't even touch it. No way that's the best option for Hawks success in my mind.

If its a coaching thing fine. I'm already at the point of wanting LP gone. But I'm assuming it's Trae just continuing to try to look for the open man when at some point the star has to say F it I'm not losing again. 

I mean, is he a star or not?

He's being coached to play a certain way, either by LP or by Nate.  Trae has no problem being the Alpha and taking tough shots.  But people complain ( probably even coaches, and definitely some of the players ), when he does go into "Alpha" mode.

Just keep in mind that some of Trae's tough shots are 32 footers early in the clock.  He's made those type of shots in crunch time before.  But because of his size, and his aggressive mentality, those are the type of shots he takes.   Basketball fans call it "hero ball".

Well . . . only heroes can make "hero ball" shots.

Trae has proven to be a hero.

• Like 3