• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pacers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He's being coached to play a certain way, either by LP or by Nate.  Trae has no problem being the Alpha and taking tough shots.  But people complain ( probably even coaches, and definitely some of the players ), when he does go into "Alpha" mode.

Just keep in mind that some of Trae's tough shots are 32 footers early in the clock.  He's made those type of shots in crunch time before.  But because of his size, and his aggressive mentality, those are the type of shots he takes.   Basketball fans call it "hero ball".

Well . . . only heroes can make "hero ball" shots.

Trae has proven to be a hero.

Exactly. And I've complained plenty about the early clock deep 3s. But it depends on context. Trae needs to be the leader late in the games. 14 pts on 6 shots is inexcusable imo. 

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He's being coached to play a certain way, either by LP or by Nate.  Trae has no problem being the Alpha and taking tough shots.  But people complain ( probably even coaches, and definitely some of the players ), when he does go into "Alpha" mode.

Just keep in mind that some of Trae's tough shots are 32 footers early in the clock.  He's made those type of shots in crunch time before.  But because of his size, and his aggressive mentality, those are the type of shots he takes.   Basketball fans call it "hero ball".

Well . . . only heroes can make "hero ball" shots.

Trae has proven to be a hero.

No. The best shot is the open shot. A lob to a big is our best play percentage wise. Trae missed all his shots in the 4th anyways. But really we lost because we let Holiday score 11 points in 2 minutes.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Another 4th quarter collapse I see.

I was able to watch with 3 mintutes left in the 3rd, Hawks leading 84-78. We lose by 12.

That tells me we couldn't score and we couldn't stop anybody. Sigh!

Even Worse.....eeeewwwwww!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trae, Huerter, and Gallo should NEVER be on the floor together..LP should no better...That's just asking the other team to make a run. smh

That was my thought when I watched the replay of the 4th quarter.  Add in Collins at center, and that group seems to be a recipe for disaster.   Let me see if that's been the case all year?

Yep, the 5-man lineup of Trae - Huerter - Reddish - Gallo - and Collins, has been a "minus" lineup all year.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That was my thought when I watched the replay of the 4th quarter.  Add in Collins at center, and that group seems to be a recipe for disaster.   Let me see if that's been the case all year?

Yep, the 5-man lineup of Trae - Huerter - Reddish - Gallo - and Collins, has been a "minus" lineup all year.

I think I could score a few buckets vs that lineup......smh

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

No. The best shot is the open shot. A lob to a big is our best play percentage wise. Trae missed all his shots in the 4th anyways. But really we lost because we let Holiday score 11 points in 2 minutes.

Trae is dribbling 30 feet from the basket, looking to drive or pull up for a deep 3.

As Trae dribbles, he's finally created enough space to get a 27 foot 3 point shot off.

As he rises up to shoot, we see that Cam Reddish is wide open in the right corner . . . a corner in which he's only made 2 out of 13 three point attempts.

Should he pass the ball to an open Cam, or should he shoot the tough 27 footer?

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae is dribbling 30 feet from the basket, looking to drive or pull up for a deep 3.

As Trae dribbles, he's finally created enough space to get a 27 foot 3 point shot off.

As he rises up to shoot, we see that Cam Reddish is wide open in the right corner . . . a corner in which he's only made 2 out of 13 three point attempts.

Should he pass the ball to an open Cam, or should he shoot the tough 27 footer?

Id rather Trae take the shot in your specific scenario as Cam has the lowest 3PT% in the NBA, but generally speaking, I prefer the correct basketball play, which is get it to the guy who has an open shot. 

Just now, terrell said:

The hawks had Bud, Quinn synder, Taylor Jenkins, and Kenny Atkinson all on one staff and ended up with Lloyd pierce as a head coach...smh

Quinn is doing a brilliant job in Utah.

19 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Smh

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

So, scrolling thru the play by play....the game was lost at the 4:30 mark, Pacers up 109-105 after two Young TOs. Hawks call time and LP takes out Capela for Gallo. Hawks score 7 more points, Pacers score 16. 

LP went offense over defense with that substitution - Stupid, stupid, stupid. If you aren't gonna score at least put your best defender and rebounder in play who was also playing great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What is Trae's dad trying to say?

Everybody has a role. Gotta know your role. Especially in this league

Man facepalming

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He shoots 3s against the g league as bad as Cam against pros.

We passed on Suggs...smh

Edited by terrell

4 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

This is just my opinion, but Trae fancies himself the star of the team. The Alpha. Well stars make the tough, contested shots late in the game. I'm not saying he should take contested shots all game. The way he played the first 3 quarters was fine. 

But when the game started to slip away, he should have been the alpha and forced the issue. I think he's good enough to do that personally. And I'd rather he take tough shots than Cam take wide open shots. There were several possessions down the stretch when Kevin brought the ball up that Trae didn't even touch it. No way that's the best option for Hawks success in my mind.

If its a coaching thing fine. I'm already at the point of wanting LP gone. But I'm assuming it's Trae just continuing to try to look for the open man when at some point the star has to say F it I'm not losing again. 

I mean, is he a star or not?

Let’s not be mad at Trae deferring because that’s what it sounds like LP wanted and Collins earlier this season so they’re getting what they asked for