• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pacers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Gallo looks like a HUGE overpay at this point..Rondo too.Bogi tbd...And we've got nothing from Dunn or Okungwu.......Schlenk might have to go after LP..lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Yep..That's why Indy scored 125 points.  Nice call!

You should be happy...the Hawks shot fewer 3s juat like you want and Trae shot none, just like you want. How'd that work out?

Now 3-8 when attempting less than 35 3s 

And yes, the D sucked. Despite that if Trae plays his game they win. 

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

The defense was trash in the 4th. Yes. But people don't seem to get that Trae facilitating and relying on others down the stretch doesn't work. The 4th is when your leaders step up. He deferred. Its an OK strategy early in the game but it doesn't hold late with the game on the line. 

If he shoots his avg and scores his avg the Hawks win even with the defense. 

So who are you blaming for this? Was he told to defer?

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

You should be happy...the Hawks shot fewer 3s juat like you want and Trae shot none, just like you want. How'd that work out?

Now 3-8 when attempting less than 35 3s 

And yes, the D sucked. Despite that if Trae plays his game they win. 

Your takes are so bad tonight.  Hopefully you are just joking.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Gallo looks like a HUGE overpay at this point..Rondo too.Bogi tbd...And we've got nothing from Dunn or Okungwu.......Schlenk might have to go after LP..lol

The Rondo signing was inexcusable from the jump.  Not having a backup point guard who can actually play has been a big problem again this year.  Trae can't get the rest he needs because the offense falls apart without him.  Travis should have known better.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Might TJ McConnell be the smartest player in the NBA?  For someone of his skill level to be virtually a net 0 player over 5 years for good teams is astounding.  I wished Josh Magete could’ve carved out a career like dude.

It's a reason why every fan base loves TJ.  The dude just plays hard on both ends of the floor, and knows how to play the game.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Trae was the reason the Hawks had a chance in this game.  The Pacers did a good job trying to take him away tonight, and Trae made all the right plays.  He didn't try to create something that wasn't there.  We can't expect him to always be Superman, especially on the second night of a back to back.  Other guys and the coach have to step up.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

The Rondo signing was inexcusable from the jump.  Not having a backup point guard who can actually play has been a big problem again this year.  Trae can't get the rest he needs because the offense falls apart without him.  Travis should have known better.

Im  thinking he knew Dunn would take time..But he couldve found someone other than Rondo.smh

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

So who are you blaming for this? Was he told to defer?

No. I blame Trae for deferring and LP for taking Capela out. Honestly it pisses me off that we have to deal with the same effing issues every night like its groundhogs day.

And I'm also giving peo a hard time because we recently got into an argument because he literally wants the team to take fewer 3s and for Trae to be a facilitator and not a scorer which is quite possibly the most ridiculous take on here. He needs to do both for the Hawks to win but he needs to be a scorer when it counts most late in games. The Hawks can't win if Trae shoots 6 shots but gets 10+ asst. Not consistently. And maybe not ever. 

And Supes is right cuz the injuries have crippled this team but they've still had opportunities that they've missed because of stupid play and dumbarse coaching. And that pisses me off. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Im  thinking he knew Dunn would take time..But he couldve found someone other than Rondo.smh

There were definitely much better options, especially offensively.  Dunn I get, but Rondo made no sense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

No. I blame Trae for deferring and LP for taking Capela out. Honestly it pisses me off that we have to deal with the same effing issues every night like its groundhogs day.

And I'm also giving peo a hard time because we recently got into an argument because he literally wants the team to take fewer 3s and for Trae to be a facilitator and not a scorer which is quite possibly the most ridiculous take on here. He needs to do both for the Hawks to win but he needs to be a scorer when it counts most late in games. The Hawks can't win if Trae shoots 6 shots but gets 10+ asst. Not consistently. And maybe not ever. 

And Supes is right cuz the injuries have crippled this team but they've still had opportunities that they've missed because of stupid play and dumbarse coaching. And that pisses me off. 

Trae is a little dude. If a defense is dead set on stopping him from scoring, the right play is for him to defer, instead of him taking tough contested shots. 

• Like 4