• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat (Sunday)

lethalweapon3

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I felt he was someone that was on the path of being a legit star. I felt he earned that type of thread. Someone who could possibly win MVP one day.

I tried to convince myself but I never believed that...He's just too little with no wingspan to defend anybody and too many flaws overall..I saw enough at Oklahoma..I dont even see him making all star games anymore tbh.At least not in the near future...East is too deep at guard..And he's a villian to a lot of fans now....Feel free to remind me of my posts if he does though.l ol

21 minutes ago, terrell said:

Facts...Matt can do no wrong over there..

Zero. What I love about here is, regardless if we win or lose. We just want the players to perform and win. 

Over there, it's Ryan ass kiss central. Everyone fault but Matt. You see me, everyone get bullets. Not on TATF. Ryan is untouchable. They will blame their momma before they blame Matt.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

You don't make any sense.  You admit that the rest of the team is crappy but then claim Trae's numbers don't = wins as if that's a criticism of him.  NBA history is littered with really good, sometimes elite players that didn't win because their surrounding cast sucked.  Put them around better players and the winning happens.  

You take Trae out of this team right now as it is with the injuries and we are for sure the worst team in the NBA.

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't know man...I think we need to turn our attention away form Trae and talk about Gallo.  I knew immediately the signing wasn't good but didn't know that it would be this bad.  This dude offers Nothing and I mean absolutely nothing!  Y'all hear me?  He is just a slug out there on offense and defense.  ok ok ok he can hit free throws but no one is fouling him.  What was Schlenk thinking?  And what does LP see that I don't see???  Heck, I'd rather see OO out there.  At least he can rebound and play a little defense.  Heck even Bruno might be better.  I just don't get the late 4th quarter usage of this guy!  Am I that far off base with this??

Schlenk has made some bone headed decisions..Hawks should be set with all of the draft capital and FA $ he's had....He just burned 65 mill of Resslers $ signing Rondo, Gallo, and Dunn..smh

Edited by terrell

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh ..... listen for it ............ the reason he's starting is .............................................................. Bogd is hurt.

I was calling for Huerter to start..Thats how bad Bogi was playing..lol

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

If I had to pick the most disappointing signing I'd say Rondo despite the fact we may never see Dunn play in a Hawks uni.   

And Travis gave Rondo 2 fkn years..smdh

15 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

You take Trae out of this team right now as it is with the injuries and we are for sure the worst team in the NBA.

We're one of the worst with him..

2 hours ago, Threezus said:

I would put Matthews or Sewell at LG(a position that needs a massive upgrade) and the other at LT although im not the biggest mcgary fan at all but he should get 1 to 2 more years in this system to improve hopefully. 

Also as for the QB's i really don't care for taking a QB at 4 and not have him play for the next 2 to 3 years if i don't have to when i can get a better player in Sewell and upgrade one of our biggest problems we have had for Ryan's entire career.   Im guessing you are not a Ryan fan and want to move on from him while i am not.  To me the earliest you can move on from Ryan would be 2023 to actually gain some really usable cap space and that means Wilson or Fields would be sitting for 2 years atleast and if Ryan performs to his top 5 like self again in a system that fits him best under Smith.  Then you might not even move on from Ryan then and could very well be drafting a QB that would sit for the next 4 to 5 years and that my friend would be a wasted pick at 4.  The fact you would take a QB in Mac at 4 when he's not even expected to go in the top 10 to 15 picks over the #2 player in the entire draft that actually upgrades a huge problem on the O-line is absurd to me.  Thats the complete opposite of what you are saying of the Luka thing.  Luka would be taking the BPA and using him but we settled for less talent in trae which would be what we do with Mac. 

I can atleast hear you out on Wilson and Fields as they are expected to go top 5 as more talented QB's and i wouldn't hate the picks i just would hate watching the #4 pick not be used for the next 3 or 4 years possibly and then you can't say taking a LT/LG that early is a bad thing because if you go BPA both of those positions have gone that early i don't see how anyone would not want to take a Quenton Nelson at 4 type of player and Sewell is supposed to be as good if not better than him when you actually have a big need for that. 

That's terrible value. No LT is worth, even the GOAT LT is close to being worth taking over any of the four QBs if they have the potential to be franchise QBs. You can't justify that shit for nothing. No one can. I continue to say this, I don't care if I have Rodgers right now, Brady, and Brees in my QB room. None of them is prevented me from taking one of these QBs. They are older QBs, I have a chance to get a potential franchise QB on a rookie scale. Redshirt and develop him as well. Easy money!

That's your personal opinion in terms of the QBs. In my opinion, two can play now at a very high level, one at a high level right now and the other is a year away and he could be at a special level when he plays like Mahomes or Jackson. Easy money. That's like taking LeBron James, MJ, Bird, or Magic. EASY MONEY

I am a neutral on Ryan. Keep him if you have to and nothing come up that makes sense like you drafting at 15 and you would have to reach on a project with just average ceiling. Even a Jordan Love might be too risky if we lack tremendous depth but if I love him, I'll take him. But if you got a chance to get a potential franchise QB, that's the easiest decision ever. Not a lot of thought that goes into it. It's not about love or like, I would take one of these guys if I had Brady or Rodgers RIGHT NOW. Just an easier play. You get five years too on a rookie scale paying these QBs pennies on a dollar for their position. That's how you flip a roster around overnight. 

The bookends are fine. They need to work on getting depth and figuring out the RG and C issue considering Mack is a FA. Nothing they need is worth a 1st rounder much less top 5 pick. Early 2nd or early 3rd for RG or C if Mack is gone.

I could care less about projections with QBs, you love em, you take where you are. This ain't Basketball. Value at that position is critical. No position in Basketball is critical. Just getting a superstar if you want to win in this sport. Football is all about the QB. Otherwise, you gotta do a Hell of a job with roster construction and get a lot of guys!

The Falcons big board should be 

Tier 1 

Trevor 

Tier 2

Lance

Fields

Wilson

No order.

Tier 2.5 

Jones 

No one else even matters. You are just fooling yourself otherwise. 

If we had LeBron, MJ, Kareem, Magic, and Bird available. I don't want to see Marvin on the big board for the 4th overall pick.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

LeBron James the GOAT, you can win a title with him with 90 percent of the league 

This is why what you said was not well considered.  Most title teams have an all-time great be it Timmy, MJ, LeBron, Shaq, etc. and then some good players around them.  There is zero reason JC can't be one of those good players winning a ring.  He doesn't take things off the table which is the only scenario someone should be disqualified from that.

• Like 2

Just now, AHF said:

This is why what you said was not well considered.  Most title teams have an all-time great be it Timmy, MJ, LeBron, Shaq, etc. and then some good players around them.  There is zero reason JC can't be one of those good players winning a ring.  He doesn't take things off the table which is the only scenario someone should be disqualified from that.

Yeah he could for like a team like that. 

10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You don't give easy do you Supes!  LOL!

tumblr_mtya01WIax1sgp55vo1_400.gif

Neither do you. Change your avatar! You kinda remind me of Sidney Dean in White men can’t jump, you lost but wanna grab your money back. 🤦🏽‍♂️ @AHF ur thoughts?

• Like 1

@Threezus the Falcons and Jaguars have the two easiest picks in the draft for any team. 

Jags - QB, no brainer. Get a QB. Trevor is my guy and their guy. 

Falcons - QB, Falcons get to really choose who they want. Who fits, who has the most potential. They don't have to take NFL readiness too seriously as they already have Ryan. 

Edited by NBASupes

Just now, NBASupes said:

@Threezus the Falcons and Jaguars have the two easiest picks in the draft for any team. 

Jags - QB, no brainer. Get a QB. Trevor is my guy and their guy. 

Falcons - QB, Falcons get to really choose who they want. Who fits, who has the most potential. They don't have to take NFL readiness seriously as they already have Ryan. 

Not the right forum for this. Nobody cares about the trashy Falcons they will never be good.