• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat (Sunday)

lethalweapon3

So Peppa Pig got a new bear toy.  It came with a book showing all the travels the bear had made prior to her receiving it.

Mommy pig said, "My teddy's been all over the world.  He's certainly had a fun life."

Peppa, recognizing the bear was carrying a bunch-a germs, says, "I hope he has a fun time in the bath."

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47q2dqjrw7sjf9yelead7

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

JC is wayyy better than Milwaukee Parker.

It was obvious JC was better and we were bringing in Gallo to come off the bench for quality depth.  The regressions has been way worse than anyone predicted but even before then JC was going to be the top guy.

You may be the only one on the planet who isn’t decided yet whether JC is a long term starter or bench player.  You are definitely the only one on his train who still doesn’t think he is at least a legit starter.

Of course he is. 

Maybe to you. JC was struggling to a degree at the 5 on D last year and even worse at the 4. Him and Capela has been a nice pair. Gallo had an excellent year last year. Look good in the playoffs. We haven't made the playoffs. 

Stop it. Of course he's a starter but what I was saying on a contender, he's likely a 6th man. No knock on that but that's what he is. Same for Smoove in this prime.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Of course he is. 

Maybe to you. JC was struggling to a degree at the 5 on D last year and even worse at the 4. Him and Capela has been a nice pair. Gallo had an excellent year last year. Look good in the playoffs. We haven't made the playoffs. 

Stop it. Of course he's a starter but what I was saying on a contender, he's likely a 6th man. No knock on that but that's what he is. Same for Smoove in this prime.

Can your lawyer get a little help from his client?  Bagging on John after a 34 point night and then doubling and tripling down will get you a conviction in the Message board court every time.  I suggest you use your miranda rights going forward until you cool down and turn back into Steve Bannon

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Nope.  Any contender that would acquire him is going to start him.  Any team that would bring him off the bench isn't going to acquire him.  

20 minutes ago, AHF said:

Nope.  Any contender that would acquire him is going to start him.  Any team that would bring him off the bench isn't going to acquire him.  

Probably but they aren't going to win no titles. He's not Draymond 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Probably but they aren't going to win no titles. He's not Draymond 

That is a silly statement in the abstact.  Depends entirely on what team acquires him. If GS starts JC instead of Zaza Pachulia they can't win a title?  If Cleveland starts JC instead of Love, they can't win a ring?  Spurs can't win a title with Duncan / JC frontcourt to go with Parker, Ginobili, etc.?

JC isn't good enough to be a championship team's #1 but that goes for a long list of guys with rings because they played with someone who was good enough and had a well developed roster around them.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Why did we sign dunn I don't even remember was he hurt already? 

As far as I know, Dunn's injury extending out like this was not known when we signed him and there was no talk about surgery until long after we signed him.  Seems like he had some injury but not what it has become.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

TATF might be the worst site on the planet. It makes Realgm look like Albert Einsteins. I never seen a group of idiots go out of their way to make a player more than what he is. What you guys think I do to Horford with Malone is exactly what they do with Matt Ryan

Facts...Matt can do no wrong over there..

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Sewell would play LG in the scenario we draft him obviously, at least until 2021 or 2022 when Mathews could be cut (frees up 8 million capsapce in 2021, and 14 million in 2022). 

EDIT. Just to clariy I like Mathews and not sure I would cut him. But if we had to we could, and drafting Sewell gives us that option. For a team that NEEDS cap room desperatly in the next couple of years, it may not be the worst move. 

Jake overrated..Always penalties at the worst time too..smh

4 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Damn this thread really jumped the rails last night.  I'm gonna hope Supes was just drunk or something.  Some real BS posting last night. 

BTW......Trae is 32 games into his 3rd year.  At the same point, Harden was avg 16.8 pts and 3.5 ast on 46% FG / 37% 3PT / 86% FT

Trae is currently avg 26.5 pts and 9.5 ast on 43% FG / 37% 3PT / 88% FT

So please enlighten me on how Trae is "Harden Lite" as some of you want to say.

I know it's the popular thing for some to just piss on Trae every time the team loses, but I'll point out this team is 8.1 pts / 100 poss better when Trae is on the court than when he's off (and that's with several bad nights shooting).  He may not be great at Defending, but the overall team play is what it is with him ON the court vs OFF.  So go ahead and trade Trae and see what comes of this team.  Some of y'all are ridiculous.  

Hawks are now 11-2 when Trae shoots 40% or better from 3PT and 3-16 when he shoots less than 40%.  Hawks are now 11-5 when he scores more than his avg of 26.5 pts and 3-15 when he scores less. or doesn't play.  

Says more about the rest of this crappy team....And who still cares about his numbers at this point? Hes always put up good numbers on every level..Doesnt = wins..Trae is who is is. Youll find out soon enough..Like I said many times before. I hope Im wrong..

28 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is a silly statement in the abstact.  Depends entirely on what team acquires him. If GS starts JC instead of Zaza Pachulia they can't win a title?  If Cleveland starts JC instead of Love, they can't win a ring?  Spurs can't win a title with Duncan / JC frontcourt to go with Parker, Ginobili, etc.?

JC isn't good enough to be a championship team's #1 but that goes for a long list of guys with rings because they played with someone who was good enough and had a well developed roster around them.

Come on. If he gets the max, he's a top 3 cat on any team. Can you win a title with JC being your top 3 player?

Yes if Bron and AD are 1 and 2 but that's not happening. Realistic, JC is not a top 3 option. 

LeBron James the GOAT, you can win a title with him with 90 percent of the league 

KD, Kyrie, and JC ain't enough 

Luka, JC, and KP ain't enough 

That's like winning with Brady winning with Bron

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Says more about the rest of this crappy team..

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hes always put up good numbers on every level..Doesnt = wins.

You don't make any sense.  You admit that the rest of the team is crappy but then claim Trae's numbers don't = wins as if that's a criticism of him.  NBA history is littered with really good, sometimes elite players that didn't win because their surrounding cast sucked.  Put them around better players and the winning happens.  

• Like 1