Official Game Thread: Hawks at Lakers (3:30 PM Tip Time!)

lethalweapon3

Just now, Peoriabird said:

That's been my point to @AHF...They have been  playing tough defense when needed under Nate

It obviously helps that LBJ and Davis are out so the Lakers are a shell of themselves. But regardless, Hawks are playing really tough defense. 

If they do this consistently against the better teams, I'll revise my opinion that they need Trae to score to have the best chances of winning. 

2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Every player misses shots. It's not like he can't score. 

Smart Shot Selection leads to better efficiency. True or False?

A lot of Trae's misses are completely unnecessary 

Edited by Bonkers

20 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It has nothing to do with me being wrong or right.  It's the strategy that decent defensive teams tend to deploy against Trae.  They don't want him to get going offensively, because that's what will quickly extend a lead for us . . . just like what happened in the OKC game.

Right now, our defense is excellent ( along with horrible offense from LA ).  So even if Trae doesn't hit those scoring marks, we should be OK in this game.  But in a game in which our opponent is scoring at a normal rate, we'll have to keep pace.

Normally, Trae is that scoring spark.  Tonight, he hasn't made many jumpers, but we're +17 because of Collins and the team defense.

Take a like just to screw with Spud

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

Smart Shot Selection leads to better efficiency. True or False?

A lot of Trae's misses are completely unnecessary 

How many times has Trae had rough shooting nights only to catch fire? Let's not have selective memory here. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

It obviously helps that LBJ and Davis are out so the Lakers are a shell of themselves. But regardless, Hawks are playing really tough defense. 

If they do this consistently against the better teams, I'll revise my opinion that they need Trae to score to have the best chances of winning. 

The missing piece in the offense is still finding easy shots for Trae.  No one on this team creates for him.  He has to take 80% of his shots off the dribble.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, hawkman said:

How many times has Trae had rough shooting nights only to catch fire? Let's not have selective memory here. 

Ok and is Trae's overall FG% over or under 45%? Yes or No

Just a Yes or No answer will suffice. Anything else and it's whatever

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The missing piece in the offense is still finding easy shots for Trae.  No one on this team creates for him.  He has to take 80% of his shots off the dribble.

He needs to move more off the ball though. That would help a lot. 

• Like 1