• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks (The Big Payback!)

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is not true tho since LP got fired

What happens in the long term? 

It doesn't to be that uncommon for a team to have short term improvements in success after a coaching change.

But Trae is still terrible on defense and he still takes bad shots with iffy percentages.

He had shot under 32% in 3's since the All-Star break. Not sure he will ever be better than 42/35 or so.

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I think Trae seems less "magical" than his first two years... That doesn't mean he is doomed... He can score and collect assists, but perhaps an attitude, bad defense and not so great shooting.

I think he is closer to the Francis, Marbury and Boston Isiah Thomas rather than a true franchise player.

He has the stats, but not the impact of a top star. IMO.

Go back to being gone

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

What happens in the long term? 

It doesn't to be that uncommon for a team to have short term improvements in success after a coaching change.

But Trae is still terrible on defense and he still takes bad shots with iffy percentages.

He had shot under 32% in 3's since the All-Star break. Not sure he will ever be better than 42/35 or so.

Who are you people? You are lost if you are looking for the Boston forum. 

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

My big issue with Trae was one thing and one thing only. Running the f***ing offense and controlling tempo. Shit he did extremely inconsistent with LP. I could care less if he's a streaky shooter who makes some shit shots. He just needs to lessen the shit shots, run the offense, control tempo, put constant pressure on the defense and his offensive impact with be tremendous. His defense has been better since Nate took over. Not good or anything but he fights which is all I ask for from him. 

As long as he does that, he won't be IT0, Marbury, or Francis who perfected the art of not playing like a true PG. Trae was on that path but he fixed that part of his game. 

His streaky shooting will matter if the Hawks make the playoffs. His confidence in his shot FAR exceeds his outside shooting ability.

Of course shot selection is something that a player can improve on... However, I think he is (for the foreseeable future) still going to take those illogical shots.

It's not going to cost them a ton of regular season games, but playoffs might be another matter.

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

My big issue with Trae was one thing and one thing only. Running the f***ing offense and controlling tempo. Shit he was extremely inconsistent at with LP. I could care less if he's a streaky shooter who takes some shit shots. He just needs to lessen the shit shots, run the offense, control tempo, put constant pressure on the defense and his offensive impact with be tremendous. His defense has been better since Nate took over. Not good or anything but he fights which is all I ask for from him. 

As long as he does that, he won't be IT0, Marbury, or Francis who perfected the art of not playing like a true PG. Trae was on that path but he fixed that part of his game. He's been more Steve Nash of late than Marbury. I am happy with that. 

Prepare to have your mind blown then going forward. He is better than all of them.  You are comparing a third year (really 2nd year) player to players in their primes. Two time MVP at that. Lol. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

His streaky shooting will matter if the Hawks make the playoffs. His confidence in his shot FAR exceeds his outside shooting ability.

Of course shot selection is something that a player can improve on... However, I think he is (for the foreseeable future) still going to take those illogical shots.

It's not going to cost them a ton of regular season games, but playoffs might be another matter.

He's not easy to guard. That's what makes him so difficult in general. Even knowing what he's going to do, guarding him is extremely challenging because he's so gifted with the ball. 

We have seen far worse and streakier shooters than Young. 

We can't truly project what Young will be in the playoffs, especially now that we have Bogi shooting and playing the way he does. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

What you call illogical shots he is making at 38% clip. It is also strategic.  When teams believe he will take that shot from deep, they will extend their defense which opens the court for all of our other players to go to work.  We are one of the best offensive rebounding teams in the league. When our team fully understands when he will take those shots and prepare to get the offensive rebounds, you can forget about it. There will be no stopping us. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

But production like this from a PG is on a historical level.

We're talking about dudes like Oscar Robertson - James Harden - Russell Westbrook - Isiah Thomas type play.  

Even the guy I compare him to most, Allen Iverson, didn't rack up the assists like Trae does.Other Media

And Westbrook and Harden have had some struggles over the years in some key playoff series.

Maybe Galli, KH and Bog can be enough shooting to offset Tree's lackluster outside shooting.

Maybe.

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

I'm honestly not even responding to anyone saying the Hawks are better without Trae. That is so frankly stupid I think it falls under blatant trolling. I know, I know, not supposed to say that but I'm being straight up. 

You aren't better by removing 25 and 9 from your team. But without him the defense is better, and it might be easier for the other guards to get going, as Trae is ball dominant, and tends to get his assists from lobs to the bigs. It's not Trae-hating to acknowledge these things. But when Trae is on, he is a force of nature on offense.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You aren't better by removing 25 and 9 from your team. But without him the defense is better, and it might be easier for the other guards to get going, as Trae is ball dominant, and tends to get his assists from lobs to the bigs. It's not Trae-hating to acknowledge these things. But when Trae is on, he is a force of nature on offense.

Yea, we will need Trae magic to have a shot at an upset in the playoffs. Without him we don't really have a chance. 

9 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yea, we will need Trae magic to have a shot at an upset in the playoffs. Without him we don't really have a chance. 

If Trae could learn to play off the ball just a little that would help. Learning to play off the ball when you have never done it is hard. Feels like you're playing a different sport.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

If Trae could learn to play off the ball just a little that would help. Learning to play off the ball when you have never done it is hard. Feels like you're playing a different sport.

Thats more reasonable than saying we should trade him lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1