• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks (The Big Payback!)

lethalweapon3

10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

But we're a top 10 offense in the league.  #8 actually

So how is the offense horrible, when the guy who think should be playing off the ball, is 2nd in the league in assists, averaging almost 10 a game?

Make it make sense.

Trae keeps BOTH teams in the game.

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, kg01 said:

>Somethin' tells me, amidst all our offensive weapons, opposing coaches are gonna wake up from nightmares of ... 200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47avowntnylq9d5i361y

tenor.gif?itemid=5498392

KH is becoming the silent assassin, working in the shadows.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

If that's true how does he have the 3rd highest net rating on the team for the season at +4.5?  

You're gonna go in circles again. Instead of presenting statistical evidence to back up your points, have them to do it.

I've noticed in my personal life that some people get stumped when you ask them to elaborate.

- Why makes you think so?

- Can you share specific examples that made you come to that conclusion?

- Any data that backs up your statements?

If they are seeking a good faith discussion and have done their own due diligence, these should be easy to answer. Makes it easy to distinguish from those who feel otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I've long questioned defensive stats for individual players as defense in general is so incredibly dependent on the TEAM.  So I certainly think SOME of the improvement for Trae is the overall team defense improving. That said, he's DEFINITELY improved defensively. Those saying he hasn't are just hating.  He gives better effort, plays passing lanes, gets steals and deflections, and has pretty active hands for the most part.  We don't see nearly as much spectating since Nate took over.  

I wasn't able to find the DRPM number since Nate took over, but NBA.com does have Defensive Win Shares and Trae ranks 166th out of 500 players since March 1 when Nate took over.  Even if you sort the data on a per game basis, he ranks 239 out of 500.  So yeah, Trae has definitely improved on defense.  

I think his improvement is mostly because of better overall team defense. Guys are executing their assignments better and are in the right spots, at least moreso than before. We are hiding him, or at least not exposing him, and guys are helping out when he is in a tough spot. Defense is all about team, for sure. Trae is a small guy, not the longest arms, defense is never going to be his calling card, so I'll take any improvement. What really will matter is the playoffs, where match ups are exploited. Refs tends to not call fouls as much, so that's also something to keep an eye on. 

• Like 3