• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks (The Big Payback!)

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

You mean against teams that aren’t rated Top 6 and 8 in defense.  Oh.

I know it sounds stupid and radical bruh.  But say it with me: TRAE IS EXPENDABLE!  Two-way play wins games and championships, I wouldn’t lie to you.  The difference in limiting Trae’s low-quality turnovers and the surefire scoring transition opportunities that result from having a defender so tiny is huge for point differential alone, let alone the ability of Bogi, Lou, and Kevin to make the high-risk high-reward overhead passes from the top of the key that Trae can’t make along with the other dozens of strains he puts on the team that I’ve mentioned many times.

Swap Trae with (a healthy) SGA and we’re stomping a mud hole in the East by now.

Don’t you dare get booted before I turn your avatar! 😂 You stay put young man.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 2

Just now, Sothron said:

Real talk:

If Travis had listened to his gut and made Nate the head coach to start the season we'd be the number one seed in the East. 

I have to agreed with you on this one but I know that Nate was a last minute addition after that crap that the Pacers did (I have no idea why they let him go).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

You mean against teams that aren’t rated Top 6 and 8 in defense.  Oh.

I know it sounds stupid and radical bruh.  But say it with me: TRAE IS EXPENDABLE!  Two-way play wins games and championships, I wouldn’t lie to you.  The difference in limiting Trae’s low-quality turnovers and the surefire scoring transition opportunities that result from having a defender so tiny is huge for point differential alone, let alone the ability of Bogi, Lou, and Kevin to make the high-risk high-reward overhead passes from the top of the key that Trae can’t make along with the other dozens of strains he puts on the team that I’ve mentioned many times.

Swap Trae with (a healthy) SGA and we’re stomping a mud hole in the East by now.

Proof positive that haters are here too. Your take isn't rational. It's idiotic. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

Real talk:

If Travis had listened to his gut and made Nate the head coach to start the season we'd be the number one seed in the East. 

Maybe, maybe not. It might have been good for the team to have this type of change happen midseason. Our journey got us Lou instead of Rondo too (we all felt dirty rooting for the former Celtic).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I'm seeing a REALLY interesting hot take being talked about on different forums and twitter right now

It's about how the Hawks look without a certain player on the floor. I didn't even know this was such a popular sentiment 

Not really. The sports news cycle is slow churning. Narratives are manufactured whenever possible. Don't forget the team blew an 8 point lead when Trae went down against NY. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

Maybe, maybe not. It might have been good for the team to have this type of change happen midseason. Our journey got us Lou instead of Rondo too (we all felt dirty rooting for the former Celtic).

Facts. And to be honest we don't win a lot of these 4th quarter comebacks without Lou getting buckets.

Everything happened for a reason and got us to this point.

• Like 3