• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

What a letdown after the Mavs game..smh

25 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Trae NEEDS to find his Floater. It's such a HUGE weapon for him and really opens his game up. 

And his shot..

• Like 3

I think we would’ve won simply by increasing Dieng’s (+7), Wright’s (+8), and Kev’s (+10) minutes by 3, 7, and 3, respectively.  Would’ve had a few more minutes of better boxing out and shot selection. You allow Rubio to double his career average in points you deserve to lose.  Get em next time, coach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So I will say this about the officiating.  Miami and Indiana is playing a horrible game, in which both teams are struggling to break 90 points.

Heat have shot 14 FTs.  Pacers have shot just 10 FTs.  1 minute to go in the 4th quarter, tied at 86.

That’s a LOT more even than Hawks/Cav officiating. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I think we would’ve won simply by increasing Dieng’s (+7), Wright’s (+8), and Kev’s (+10) minutes by 3, 7, and 3, respectively.  Would’ve had a few more minutes of better boxing out and shot selection. You allow Rubio to double his career average in points you deserve to lose.  Get em next time, coach.

Even with our poor shooting, we would’ve won had this game been called fairly 🤬

But that’s uncontrollable, so gotta hit those 3s, which is.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

The truth is that their size bothered us.  And that will happen when we play big teams that play big.   The answer is hitting shots.   When we're not hitting shots, they were grabbing boards.   The limited our second chance shots and optimized their own.  On a few possessions, they got 3 shots at the basket.  We can't have that. 

I say we still got some growing to do and it will be good to be fully healthy. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

At some point, we got to give Cleveland some credit for being a scrappy young team.  They really aren't built badly.  Sexton, Allen, Markenen can make them formidable.   Love gives them some vet experience.  Okoro is the question mark.   However, when they put those bigs on the floor and start team rebounding and limiting our shots it becomes a problem for us.  Mainly because we don't always play with strong efficiency.   And they can limit our lobes and floaters. 

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

My concern about the rule change was not so much about the rule change itself, but that it would be used to give officials the latitude to deny Trae any calls. I hope that's not what's happening. 

That was my concern as well.   They made the rule with Trae in mind.   And even if he doesn't break the rule technically, it gives them some room to not call.