• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

I wish the HAWKS were a more physical team but I guess you can't have everything.  Teams like the bucks, 76ers and the Heat, will try to bully them and pound the paint. We saw this from a lesser Cavs team. Would like to see some more physicality from Collins too but no team is perfect. 

If they truly buy into Nate's defensive strategy they will be a much improved team. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

telestrating talents

:applause:

Ohioans

:indifferent:

LaMeloville

:smile:

Mobley

Boshy. I may have been slightly wrong about him, why do some players look 👀 stiffer in college then get into the pros and move with a ton more fluidity? 🤔 

Go Bravos!

:party: We are in the World Series once again!

Thanks lw3 smooth as usual unlike our play tonight. With what the Braves did though I found myself saying game 2/82 isn’t as needed as a game 6 of the NLCS.

Felt like we had them several times and let them off the hook. Capela fights like a dirty dog on the street. That one possession he looked like he grabbed 5 boards lol, didn’t finish that one though.

We gotta beat lesser opponents on the road. 

Felt like JC sat for a longer period of time that necessary for a bit there in the second half. Hunter looks smooth on the 3, pullup or off the dribble, really high arc on his shot, seemed even higher tonight.

Would have like to go 2-0 but it’s a marathon and we can tweak and adjust and hopefully be ready to put a pounding on the Pistons at home.

Go Hawks!!!

CONGRATS ONCE AGAIN BRAVES!!! :dance:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bleachkit said:

My concern about the rule change was not so much about the rule change itself, but that it would be used to give officials the latitude to deny Trae any calls. I hope that's not what's happening. 

Exactly.  This is gonna be a thing for a while. Sucks.

• Like 1

Hunter stayed out in the 2nd half.  Can we guess that he was on a minute restriction?  Maybe not on paper but in the mind of our coach?  Hawks are not yet 100% healthy.  Will we ever be?

Re made outfield carries Braves to the World Series!  Couldn't even crack the .500 ceiling for so long in the season.  Now just look!!

Lesson to the Hawks.  It ain't easy, this idea of being good.  We're at .500 now.  Ready to climb!

GO ATL HAWKS AND BRAVES !!

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae on his technical:

“I think the refs are trying to learn as much as we are with these calls and stuff. It’s frustrating whenever it’s on one end and it’s not on the other, but I think we’re all learning and we’re all trying to get better, and when a ref’s mean-mugging me and trying to look at me straight in the eye, I’m going to look at him back. I didn’t say nothing to him. He just gave me a tech. He was just looking at me. I asked him why is it personal, and he gave me a tech. So I don’t know. I’ll probably get that money back. Out of all my techs I’ve gotten, that’s probably one I’ll get back.”

Wow! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You know how I know it’s early in the season besides the fact that only 2 games have been played? 

If the season ended today,

The #1 seed Bulls in the East {insert giggle} would play the #8 seed Hawks in round 1! :indifferent:

image.gif.7e5d194ae75eb0c415e8e82d01b38b3f.gif

lol...the Bulls have looked really solid so far.  We need to give everyone about a good 20 games to get an idea of team tiers.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Teams will attack the Hawks in the paint because of their lack of size. Schlenk is well aware of this problem.  He tried to solve it in the off-season.  If the HAWKS get some size and a low post presence to go with all their pieces they will be hard to beat. 

12 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

I wish the HAWKS were a more physical team but I guess you can't have everything.  Teams like the bucks, 76ers and the Heat, will try to bully them and pound the paint. We saw this from a lesser Cavs team. Would like to see some more physicality from Collins too but no team is perfect. 

If they truly buy into Nate's defensive strategy they will be a much improved team. 

The hawks were in foul trouble all night hard to battle when you're walking on eggshells 

• Like 1

The HAWKS struggle against size and physicality Period. They don't have one player over 6 ft 10. This causes a problem against teams with size. Capela especially has struggled against size. We saw it in the playoffs.  Name me one Hawk other than Hill that is physical. Yes,Cleveland a mediocre team had three seven footers but even if we won it shows how teams attack the Hawks. As far as Miami goes they may be small but they are physical with Bam,Butler and now Tucker backed up with two 7 fters. You can be the best defensive team in the league and still struggle against size. I'm not trying to get into a fight about this I'm a Hawk fan.I'm just stating what I see. The HAWKS will beat most teams it's the best teams I'm concerned about like the bucks that has size that we will have to beat to win it all. Just saying...

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae on his technical:

“I think the refs are trying to learn as much as we are with these calls and stuff. It’s frustrating whenever it’s on one end and it’s not on the other, but I think we’re all learning and we’re all trying to get better, and when a ref’s mean-mugging me and trying to look at me straight in the eye, I’m going to look at him back. I didn’t say nothing to him. He just gave me a tech. He was just looking at me. I asked him why is it personal, and he gave me a tech. So I don’t know. I’ll probably get that money back. Out of all my techs I’ve gotten, that’s probably one I’ll get back.”

I'm very concerned about this. The rules are what they are and I agree with them in principle, but I'm concerned that the primary focus being on Trae may be more than a media or internet narrative. Too many non calls on clear fouls for me. I kind of felt like the refs made themselves look suspect trying to 'even out' the free throw disparity late in the game. Just call the game even from the jump and stop trying to make a point.

• Like 2