• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Timberwolves

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, TheTruth said:

OH MY GOD YES, YES, YES - SO MUCH THIS...

ALL OF THIS!!!!!

Totally agree. Our Nets reject has been good for us and once we get Hunter and Cam back we won't need Hobo Hill to see the court again. Thank you God.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Marco...

For the first time in a long while, it seems like there's Parity in the league.  I don't know what easier is anymore.  Minny was supposed to be an "easy" game.   But these kids are scrappy.    It feels like just about every team is competitive.  The East is stronger.   Unless it's Detroit or Orlando... expect a fight in the East.    The West doesn't have the same parity because GS and Phoenix has jumped out so far... but Even Houston show that they are a scrappy bunch who can win games..

We are still a young team.  But coming down the stretch, it will be a fight.  The schedule makers did us an injustice in the first part of the season.   The refs made up rules to stop Trae.  It just feels like The Hawks vs. The World. ... and that's OK.. I like our chances.

Orlando can catch you slipping too.....Ask NY(beat them twice) and Utah.. lol

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Marco...

For the first time in a long while, it seems like there's Parity in the league.  I don't know what easier is anymore.  Minny was supposed to be an "easy" game.   But these kids are scrappy.    It feels like just about every team is competitive.  The East is stronger.   Unless it's Detroit or Orlando... expect a fight in the East.    The West doesn't have the same parity because GS and Phoenix has jumped out so far... but Even Houston show that they are a scrappy bunch who can win games..

We are still a young team.  But coming down the stretch, it will be a fight.  The schedule makers did us an injustice in the first part of the season.   The refs made up rules to stop Trae.  It just feels like The Hawks vs. The World. ... and that's OK.. I like our chances.

Agree.  If we get healthy i think we can go on a streak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, what a game. I don’t understand how we don’t pass one night and dribble the air out of the ball and last night we hit a franchise high 25 threes by swinging it from side to side (lw3’s fav).

TLC was told to catch and shoot and he did just that. What a night! Consistency all across the board. Trae with a superstar night and Cap 🧢 pulls down 16 boards. 

Oh, one more shoutout, GORGEOUS GORGUI DIENG DON’T HURTEMMMM!!! :laugh1: I loved his D on Kat 🐈‍⬛ too. All those practices paid off playing against him.

Nets on Friday!

GO HAWKS!

image.gif.a56660fe8237ceca583e72453cb01dfa.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Agree.  If we get healthy i think we can go on a streak.

Yup, saw the schedule and thought the same. Being 13-12 while many of us projected a near 50 win season.

I think we go on another 7-10 game streak before the all star break.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wait a minute...we don't play again until Friday???

Ya that’s what I was incessantly whining about yesterday was how we play this brutal schedule then have a mini vacation. :laugh1:

Trae: 2 words for ya, HOT TUB 🛀

image.gif.ef25e2f60547d7acfa3ac2c458197a5a.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

it seems like there's Parity in the league.  I don't know what easier is anymore.  Minny was supposed to be an "easy" game.   But these kids are scrappy.    It feels like just about every team is competitive. 

So one might say that you would be saying any team can beat any team on any given night? 

I may have just won the argument from the other thread. :laugh1:

• Haha 1

We set the franchise record for threes in a game with (25), we were close to the all time mark set last year by Bud’s guys.

Bucks set single-game NBA record with 29 made 3-pointers in dominant win against Heat. The Milwaukee Bucks absolutely shellacked the Miami Heat Tuesday in a rematch of last season's Eastern Conference finals, breaking the record for most 3-pointers made by a team in a single game with 29.Dec 30, 2020

• Haha 2

That was a nice road win on the second half of a B2B for sure.  29 assists followed up by 31…I’ll take it.

TLC has been a revelation lately, welcome to the positive net rating club kid!  2KGallo now challenging Delon for third place.

The Hawks are the #1 3 point percentage team in the league with multiple guys shooting around .380-.400 (including Wright somehow lol). The team needs to get those 33 attempts up to about 37, 38 on average.  With the great rebounding, FT %, low turnovers and low fouls we’ll be cooking with grease then.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I hope our ownership takes this up with the NBA. Why do we have the most back to backs with SIX already and multiple three games in four nights and yet now have four days off until our next game? Our schedule has been insane. 

I think ownership is okay with the rough start to the season because we'll get rewarded on the back end. I'd rather finish strong than start hot and dwindle. 

It's what we did last year.  As long as we are healthy and are not in the playin, I like our chances.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

I think ownership is okay with the rough start to the season because we'll get rewarded on the back end. I'd rather finish strong than start hot and dwindle. 

It's what we did last year.  As long as we are healthy and are not in the playin, I like our chances.  

Yea, SOS will even out more or less as the season goes along. It would be nice to get a normal schedule, more than the SOS it's the strange scheduling with the off days. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yea, SOS will even out more or less as the season goes along. It would be nice to get a normal schedule, more than the SOS it's the strange scheduling with the off days. 

It is. We play Brooklyn on Friday and then have another two days off. The bright side is it giving guys like Cam time.to heal up and preactice.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, marco102 said:

It just sucks though with the rough start especially for guys like Trae and Collins who are playing well but MAY get bypassed for All star recognition because of the team record - you know how that works.

The Wiz were 10-3 and 1st in the East not so long ago - they have lost 8 of12 and are now 14-11, Hawks are 14-12. 

I

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It just sucks though with the rough start especially for guys like Trae and Collins who are playing well but MAY get bypassed for All star recognition because of the team record - you know how that works.

The Wiz were 10-3 and 1st in the East not so long ago - they have lost 8 of12 and are now 14-11, Hawks are 14-12. 

I

You're right.  The good thing is our schedule will lighten up well before All star break and I anticipate the Hawks being in top 5 in the East if they play consistent and aren't injured. 

There's been a lot of talk on podcasts about how good John has been and the stat head media may vote for him.  Coaches should too. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

I hope our ownership takes this up with the NBA. Why do we have the most back to backs with SIX already and multiple three games in four nights and yet now have four days off until our next game? Our schedule has been insane. 

Better to get this out the way early in the season than later into the season so we don't end up limping into the playoffs.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

You're right.  The good thing is our schedule will lighten up well before All star break and I anticipate the Hawks being in top 5 in the East if they play consistent and aren't injured. 

There's been a lot of talk on podcasts about how good John has been and the stat head media may vote for him.  Coaches should too. 

John absolutely deserves to be in this year. He's been our best defender and our most efficient player by a mile.