• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So i guess it would be JC, Gallo, Bogi and two draft picks for Ben and Tobias. You know in theory with JC and Gallo going out we might actually need Tobias. He's in a shooting slump but his track record is solid and he's only 29. I'm not an expert on the financials, but next two years we would have zero financial flexibility. The details of draft compensation are important too. I think id be inclined to pull the trigger as long as a sit down with Ben goes well.

I don't know about future picks though. That's the only way to add talent for cap-strapped teams which we will be if we take on 2 max contracts. If Ben doesn't work out we'll be done for and basically in the Mavs situation where they haven't been able to add talent around their young star. 

Tobias and a pick comes in or no Tobias included but picks are attached. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, aali34 said:

I don't know about future picks though. That's the only way to add talent for cap-strapped teams which we will be if we take on 2 max contracts. If Ben doesn't work out we'll be done for and basically in the Mavs situation where they haven't been able to add talent around their young star. 

Tobias and a pick comes in or no Tobias included but picks are attached. 

Yea I feel you there. Maybe we could do the Charlotte pick and then a pick swap. Watch the Simmons passing highlights. We would have 2 of the better passers in the NBA that also have complimentary skill sets. That's a very unique opportunity.

• Like 3

NBC os reporting that Simmons will be till offseason as the target is to go after Harden. Simmons is trouble, our key guy is Hunter, we need to trade Huerter or Bogi for a 3&D guy capable of making similar impact as Hunter

Edited by gurpilo

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

And also James Harden is 32, while still in his prime, it's probably a little older than ideal.

True.  Guy looks to be leaking oil too.  Morey's unnatural obsession with him is weird.  Plus when has he ever played with a big that deserved touches offensively?

23 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

why wouldn't both teams go ahead and do a trade of Simmons / Harden?   Or can Harden not be traded until the offseason?

I think he can opt out after this year.  Plus there are some rumblings that Simmons is not vaccinated, which presents BKN with the same problem they have with Kyme.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

why wouldn't both teams go ahead and do a trade of Simmons / Harden?   Or can Harden not be traded until the offseason?

Nets FO probably believe Harden is a better player to win a chip this year.  That's their goal.  If they thought Simmons was in shape and ready to contribute and help the Nets win a ring, I'm sure they'd make the trade.  Once the offseason comes though, it's on Harden to decide where he plays, not the Nets FO

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Nets FO probably believe Harden is a better player to win a chip this year.  That's their goal.  If they thought Simmons was in shape and ready to contribute and help the Nets win a ring, I'm sure they'd make the trade.  Once the offseason comes though, it's on Harden to decide where he plays, not the Nets FO

Nets may still get Simmons in the offseason in a SnT i hear but I think it's a win for both teams really.   Simmons would be good with KD and Kyrie.   Harden should be good with Embiid although that's less certain.  

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I told you guys a bit ago that JC was on the table for Simmons. The kicker is we aren't taking back Toby Harris. The ownership will not pay the LT especially with how this team has been this season. I think Travis has done a good faith effort to try and improve the team. But he's not going to sacrifice our whole team for Simmons and a bad deal in Harris.

I think Philly is nuts to waste a prime season of MVP level Embiid over hoping Harden decides to come there in the offseason. I mean wouldn't it be funny if the Nets say "Naw, we're not doing a S&T for Simmons"? 

I think all the 'we're gonna wait until next year' stuff is posturing.

On another note, since I'm of the belief that our moves will be around the edges, what would it take to get the following ..

- Kenrich aka the Shag Williams (shout out to stu aka @sturt)

- J Tate (HOU)

Any other useful rotation types?

• Like 1

hace 25 minutos, kg01 dijo:

I think all the 'we're gonna wait until next year' stuff is posturing.

On another note, since I'm of the belief that our moves will be around the edges, what would it take to get the following ..

- Kenrich aka the Shag Williams (shout out to stu aka @sturt)

- J Tate (HOU)

Any other useful rotation types?

I think there are a few Josh Richardson, Bruce Brown, Cody Martin, Reggie Bullock, Craig, Hood, Bucks, Garridos Mathews, Pat Connaungton, Josh Hart, Gary Harris, Camerón Johnson, Lonnie Walker, Daniel House, Kenrich Williams…. 

not all provide same value, cost is also different but I wonder what would be the cost to brin Josh Hart or Cody Martin for example.

Edited by gurpilo
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Nets may still get Simmons in the offseason in a SnT i hear but I think it's a win for both teams really.   Simmons would be good with KD and Kyrie.   Harden should be good with Embiid although that's less certain.  

Harden must be telling them he's coming. No way they wait for him without an assurance. Also his option is 47 million, can Philly really match that?

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, GameTime said:

This again - didn't our resident 'sources' said talks stalled when Morey tried to force feed us Harris?  They're tardy to the party.

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

I said the same a few days ago. The idea of TH sort of replacing the shooting that JC provides is interesting especially since Ben is a non shooter.  If we are giving up JC and Bogi or JC and Gallo, that's a lot of shooting we will be missing.  But @JayBirdHawk scolded me (jk) that the financials are a nonstarter as next year's totals would be like $145M for 6 players if you include Clint.  

After that I just went with the more palatable option of Simmons / Danny Green for JC / Bogi and called it a day.  

:spank:

• Haha 4

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I mean wouldn't it be funny if the Nets say "Naw, we're not doing a S&T for Simmons"? 

How easy is it to see a scenario where the Nets do well in the playoffs and bring Harden back?  Nets are basically in a tie for first place in the East right now.  A finals run is not at all out of the question.  In the 20 games in December and January, Harden is averaging ~25 points, 11 assists, and 8 rebounds per game.  Even if he isn't getting featured as much as he'd like, he is taking 3 shots more per game these last two months than he was in the first half of the year (i.e., first 21 games in October and November).  Not that hard to imagine him thinking this is his best place to win a ring as long as Durant is on the roster.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Indeed.

To ignore his obvious improvement overall is to show bias.  He's grown tremendously as a defensive player.

He still has flaws, but who doesn't.  He hasn't been perfect, but who has?

Would Simmons be an improvement though?  Yes.  Would he be worth the cost?    Ehh........

It all depends on the deal. Maybe it's a three team deal, and those can get complicated. Me personally, in a vacuum, I would rather have Simmons than JC. But of course there are a lot of factors to consider, namely Ben's commitment, and what is the exact deal. 

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

How easy is it to see a scenario where the Nets do well in the playoffs and bring Harden back?  Nets are basically in a tie for first place in the East right now.  A finals run is not at all out of the question.  In the 20 games in December and January, Harden is averaging ~25 points, 11 assists, and 8 rebounds per game.  Even if he isn't getting featured as much as he'd like, he is taking 3 shots more per game these last two months than he was in the first half of the year (i.e., first 21 games in October and November).  Not that hard to imagine him thinking this is his best place to win a ring as long as Durant is on the roster.

It's a player option so it's Hardens call. But if he opts out, I'm sure he's expects a long term deal. Would you feel comfortable giving Harden 4 years 160 million at age 33? That would give me pause. 

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

It's a player option so it's Hardens call. But if he opts out, I'm sure he's expects a long term deal. Would you feel comfortable giving Harden 4 years 160 million at age 33? That would give me pause. 

Yes.....but.....if you are in position to win rings now then a market like Brooklyn should be willing to live with that if it means two more championships, imo.  

If you have a working championship formula, it takes some cojones to ship Harden out and bring in Simmons after a year away from basketball following a big playoff collapse the year before.  

I haven't looked at it, but I would also closely analyze what teams will have cap room to big against us with Harden and who among them would be good fits to add Harden through FA.

It may well be that the Nets don't decide to bring him back and a S&T works out but the only reason for Philly to sign Harden to a deal like that is to win a ring and it would be the same reason that Brooklyn might be willing to do the same thing.  Would be a gamble for Philly to turn down good players in a healthy, productive season for Embiid for the chance that Brooklyn is looking to unload him in the offseason.  (A gamble because he might not be available at all and a gamble since, like you say, at best you are getting rid of Simmons and then signing an older Harden for huge dollars).

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

They want to get rid of Harris contract and add a Harden contract. Why else would they be so desperate to ride themselves of that contract? 

Well, if they are taking JC... He becomes the starting PF.   Where do they put Harris and what do they call him?  IF it's BU PF.. do you pay a BU that much?  Neither his or JC's defense allows for them to play Sf.   So... they have to ditch Harris if they get JC. 

While Harris doesn't stink it up if traded to us... Between his and Simmons Salary and giving away all of our Picks... we better have a winner.

And I dont know if we do because the roster is so depleted from that trade.