• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks "at" Hawks: the MLK Day Game!

lethalweapon3

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

He's defnitely a usage player, but I think that's a need to be honest. We can stagger him in the second unit and let him create, plus when Trae get's tired or focused on defensively we have another guy that can create something out of nothing which is a need. I like Levert, I think it would be a net positive to switch Huerter for him. Definitely not the optimum three point threat though, that's the biggest downside.

The thing is it wouldn't be Huerter though that trade was taking Bogi and us keeping Huerter and was proposed by a fan of another team lol

• Premium Member

I also like Giddey. He really is Ben-ish: pass, defend, board a little and not the greatest shooter but still far better than Ben at shooting. He's also not Ben's freaking size/wing span but the cost to get Giddey would be way lower. If OKC is willing to move him ofc.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Threezus said:

i know absolutely zero about Giddey i don't think i have ever even seen him play before.  Would have to trust your judgement on this one.  Looked at his stats and size just now and he is a sheet filler for sure.   6'8 SG is a big boy sorta like Cam was so hopefully that helps him on defense with that wing span.  I know it helps him on rebounds though 7+ assists and rebounds is a great addition to any team and 12 points isn't bad at all either on his 1st year in the league.   The guy shows legit triple double potential nightly and as he gets older and stronger that could be the norm for him.

I remember about draft time, looking at him play some Australian league.  I didnt consider him because he was listed and played as a PG... but he's an OG.   He passes well enough to play with Trae.  But this could be our Diaw!

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Just watched the 4th qtr, 

Looks like McMillan has been reading the comments. Lol! He kept JC out the majority of the 4th and kept OO in despite playing heavy minutes tonight. That man OO is going to be good... Having a Giannis "stopper" (more like slower) is one of the most valuable things to have in this league. Go ahead and add him to the list of untouchable players along with Trae, Cap (for now) and Dre. Keep those 4 as the core and use everyone else to get Trae a legit co-star.

But Gallo played out of his mind tonight. His offense kept us alive and that charge he took against Giannis sealed the win. Keep raising that trade value!

Thanks MLK! Hawks finally honored your resilience tonight. Now let's string some wins together and fight for that play-in spot for another cinderalla run in the playoffs. 

Go Hawks!!!!

Who hacked your $hit? :eyebrow: Do I know you? :indifferent:..

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He's defnitely a usage player, but I think that's a need to be honest. We can stagger him in the second unit and let him create, plus when Trae get's tired or focused on defensively we have another guy that can create something out of nothing which is a need. I like Levert, I think it would be a net positive to switch Huerter for him. Definitely not the optimum three point threat though, that's the biggest downside.

Here's a question towards that.

What do you think when you see Trae and Delon on the court together?

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Threezus said:

The thing is it wouldn't be Huerter though that trade was taking Bogi and us keeping Huerter and was proposed by a fan of another team lol

The thing is I don't think we could get Bogi for Levert even if we attached a first. I could see Huerter + crappy first, and then you are sacrificing some of the chemistry for a better producing player, so I don't think it's a slam dunk. 

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

It is easy to forget this I guess but when a fully healthy Bogi came back in the second half of last season he played above average defense. He was absolutely killing it on offense as well. My fear is I don't know if we'll get that Bogi again. I think they should do a MRI on his knee and see if he's torn something.

I worry this too. His knee is absolutely cooked.

Someone on brad rowland podcast said they think him playing through it last postseason (when he should have been sitting) may have done permanent damage to his knee. And you can kinda see it this szn in his play. Hes been a step slow defensively and doesn't get the same lift on his jumpers

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Here's a question towards that.

What do you think when you see Trae and Delon on the court together?

Delon provides the defense we usually lack in Trae lineups. Offensively it's not ideal, though I will give Delon credit because he is taking the shots without hesitation lately and has been making big ones fairly consistently. I think Levert is a better fit as he is an ISO player so if you play him next to Trae you can run sets for Levert that will force teams to cover him one on one where he feasts or help out and potentially leave Trae open for three where he feasts. I think it's the second unit lineups where Levert could really shine. We have a lot of capable shooters in the second unit, but no guys that can create shots for them Levert is that guy. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Best thing about that is the other guys are the ones that are easier to control and handle with team defense and to learn how to handle as OO gets more experience.  The fact he can handle the elite players already which is impossible for other players to ever do is a huge plus.

I don't disagree with this.  The good news is that Clint knows how to defend those other guys.   If you watch our games, Clint gets in trouble when he has to step outside and cover.  He's Athletic but he doesn't have the speed and strength to cover guys like Embiid and Giannis and Joker.   BUT OO can.   However, guys like Mitchell Robinson and Marvin Bagley and Steven Adams.. those are the guys that he got the book on.   So it's just a matter of recognition for the coach.   And OO will learn about those other guys too. 

12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Btw Hawks finally win a game and the game thread is only 22 pages long. The usual haters and trolls are quiet tonight.

No it’s still usually 22 pages but of crap 💩 that blows your mind and doesn’t make sense. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Well if you're at the game.. How do you not notice that OO still needs work against other centers not name Giannis and Embiid?  He has a speed advantage on those guys.  He shuts down BIG Centers who can step out.   Just like Giannis, his speed allows him to take their goto moves away.   However, for some of those other guys he doesn't have it yet. 

Sigh... since you brought up Mitchell Robinson as evidence, and I did not remember OO getting cooked by Robinson: https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?ContextMeasure=FGA&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022100643&PlayerID=1629011&RangeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612752&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

Just click that and watch... 

• Made oop on Gorgui Deng
  • The only shot he made "on Okongwu" because OO had to help on Randle because Hunter doesn't sell the offensive foul and gets bodied all the way to the paint
  • Missed dunk on OO (possibly a block, cant tell)
  • Heurter strips a shot
  • Robinson outmuscles JC and Dieng for a putback dunk
  • Okongwu gets screened off Mitchell and no one switches
  • Dunks on JC

None of this is accurately described by the below quote.  The best you can really argue is he didn't communicate well on a switch or shouldn't have helped on Randle... I'm not arguing he doesn't make mistakes but I just thought that was too rich coming from someone who just told me I don't watch the games

33 minutes ago, Diesel said:

But useless guys like Mitchell Robinson can eat his lunch right now.

Last thing, Robinson had 5 offensive boards and zero came with OO on the court.  It was Dieng he was sonning all night, not OO.

• Like 1