• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks "at" Hawks: the MLK Day Game!

lethalweapon3

6 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Nobody would take on that contract. 

I have no objection to keeping Trae, just emphasize to him that he needs to think of winning, not being the hero from shooting logo 3 point attempts, etc.   I can't believe he had the audacity to go into Schlenk and tell him that he has a right to select his teammates. If Schlenk complies with this, then we will know for sure that the inmate is running the asylum.  It is apparent that we will probably unload Collins, and retain Heurter, Bogi, TLC, etc.  I think we will trade the away wrong player(s), probably to get Trae's desired teammate, Simmons (the guy is certainly not a #2 option, and who is afraid to shoot layups and dunks, and goes into a funk when someone voices expectations for him to do those things.)  When Trae's been teamed up with him for a few months and throws him under the bus, then he'll be back in his funk again.

Agenda. Smh 

so you’re going use the one play Simmons don’t shoot the layup over Trae and judge his whole career???

you know that’s silly as hell…come on fella

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, aali34 said:

OO's court awareness is better than Capela's. He isn't the same lob threat, but he swings it faster from the middle.

Did you see that aggressive drive by Hunter ….wish he did that alot more often!

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Agenda. Smh 

so you’re going use the one play Simmons don’t shoot the layup over Trae and judge his whole career???

you know that’s silly as hell…come on fella

Convenient that you ignore his emotional breakdown.  But hey, that's your agenda.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

Did you see that aggressive drive by Hunter ….wish he did that alot more often!

Do it every other time he gets the ball and we would be alot better. He's the one guy other than Trae who can do it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aali34 said:

OO's court awareness is better than Capela's. He isn't the same lob threat, but he swings it faster from the middle.

I hate to admit it, but it really is.

Much better post moves too.

So how would the team look if they were out on the floor together?  I know people worry about the shooting, but I would simply tell both of them to crash the boards whenever a guard or wing shot the ball.

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Thank you Trae for not fouling on that Milwaukee fast break. 

They end up turning the ball over and now we have a chance to get points at the FT line.

This team developed a bad habit of fouling o the break last season. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I hate to admit it, but it really is.

Much better post moves too.

So how would the team look if they were out on the floor together?  I know people worry about the shooting, but I would simply tell both of them to crash the boards whenever a guard or wing shot the ball.

I was thinking about that..If he could develop into a 4, would be much easier to trade Collins..For the people that need a good reason..lol

1 minute ago, hawkman said:

This team developed a bad habit of fouling o the break last season. 

Gallo started it.  Then Bogi started doing it.

Nate should ban them from taking a foul, no matter where they are on the floor.

It's a reason coaches make you run that 3 on 2 drill in high school.  It forces you to either stop the ball, or pick up one of the wings.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Okongwu

10 pts ( 5 - 8 FG ) . .  7 rebs . . 2 asst . . 2 blks

Gotta find this kid MAJOR minutes once Capela comes back. 

He's already played 26 minutes.  He's young.  Play him 40 if you have to.

Play him at the 4 some..

• Like 1

A few possessions ago I saw Trae take a shot from downtown Athens and miss badly.  On the next possession, he moved the ball and it ended up with a 3 pointer in the corner by Hunter.  I see development.  😀

I have been multitasking with the game on in the background.  I've seen some ball movement on offense.  Okongwu is gonna be a stud. Williams looked good for a while with minutes. Gallo looked good for a minute.  They are playing good with all things considered as a team.