• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks -- The MLK Day Game!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

IDK about y'all, but I'm not trading AJ Griffin for anybody.

The offense has looked better lately as far as ball movement.

They still haven't fully made me believe yet, but I can say I'm cautiously optimistic.

You were giving up on them just 5 hours ago...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae is the PG and the leader of the team.  He's supposed to dominate the ball.

The thing with Trae is to be decisive.  Don't hold the ball when a double is coming and get it out quick.  Because if the ball moves correctly, it's going to come back to him with the opportunity for him to take an open shot or get a lob to a big.

A pg doesn’t have to dominate the ball to the level in which he does. They brought Murray here to get the ball out of his hand and he still dominates the ball instead of moving the ball. This has caused problems with his teammates and coach who want to run and move the ball. The team plays much better when they play this way and includes the whole team. Take a look at the difference in the first half and second half. The Hawks went up 26 points when they were running and moving the ball. Second half they stop moving the ball,and slowed the pace and had to hold on to win the game. 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

What do you mean? Quote the post where I gave up on them?

Hey I pulled a Sturt??!!?!!

I think I may be getting over this team.  Number one.  It's obvious there are tons of people not happy in the front office and that's why there are so many media leaks.   Number two, I'm starting to not think Nate is as big of a problem as I once did.  Yeah, Nate needs to go, but would you put your best foot forward when you see the shitshow going on around this organization?  How do they expect to bring in a quality coach with all this chaos? 

I took you saying getting over this team as you giving up on this team...  Please explain...

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's like they knew the cameras were on...

52 pts, 15assists, & 6 Steals....

Somebody Tie Dejounte's shoe...

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

JC choked up.

I hope we haven't traded him. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Beating Jokic and Giannis is cool and all but y’all know me: I’m not impressed until the Hawks win with Steph or Jimmy on the floor.  Doesn’t matter who else they’re missing if he plays.  This win marked the start of the season for me lol.

DJ and Trae were outstanding, I don’t give a damn about the latter’s 10 turnovers.  Trae played some of the most spirited defense I’d ever seen from him with very active hands and feet: his crazy 106 defensive rating since the new year is maybe a tad inflated but not by much lol.  You have to play a damn good floor game to be +1 with 10 turnovers.  Loving the 13 shots as he focused on getting off the ball at the right times and playmaking.  He was key in a 5 second defensive violation: mind blown.  DJ was just out there flat balling.  That boy really living for that three point incentive in his contract.

Welcome back Clint!  6-7 off the pine was huge and Bogi with the team high +10.  Jimmy made AJ laugh after the game, probably told him he’s a fan of his now lol.  I’m sure he knows how crazily efficient he’s been and was in this game going a cool 5-6.

Aye man let’s muthaf&@kin Go.

Bump this all day. I think we all just got over a mental hurdle today too. Miami destroyed us in the playoffs and we sacrificed a lot to get DJ to help remedy that. To see it actually work was huge for the team and the fans. 

• Like 4