• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks -- The MLK Day Game!

lethalweapon3

Someone was asking why JJ did not get to play.

The simple answer is, "He was not on the nine player list, therefore he was not available.  This appears to be the same reason that our newest Hawk is nailed to the pine.  Favors has never saw one minute of floor time and his ten day contract will soon expire.

Nate has it on record:  He cannot manage more than nine active players.  He sticks to this.  He may play less than nine but seldom will he go over.

:bb:

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Why does Hunter have two different ones but both dated 2023?

I deleted the second one because I was confused too.  I said to myself, "I can believe that Hunter has averaged 20 and 5.8 rpg for a stretch but I can't believe under any circumstances he has averaged over 5 assists and over 2 blocks + steals.  If Hunter has ever gotten 5 or more assists, it could only have happened once or twice in his career.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We all know that's not the case. We heard Nate tell them ball movement and they do the opposite. We got stubborn players

We have multiple seasons of slowing the pace and emphasizing iso ball.  One instance of them doing what he has been having them do for his tenure instead of moving the ball doesn't convince me that he genuinely has been trying to do something other than iso ball as the default down the stretch.  I've seen Nate pissed.  I've seen him call TO's to correct issues.  It may be rare but it happens.  Never seen him rail against the team for too much iso down the stretch in a way that is designed to change behavior and show this is a major issue for him (as it should be if he doesn't want to see it).

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

We have multiple seasons of slowing the pace and emphasizing iso ball.  One instance of them doing what he has been having them do for his tenure instead of moving the ball doesn't convince me that he genuinely has been trying to do something other than iso ball as the default down the stretch.  I've seen Nate pissed regarding defense.  I've seen him call TO's to correct issues on defense.  It may be rare but it happens.  Never seen him rail against the team for too much iso down the stretch in a way that is designed to change behavior and show this is a major issue for him (as it should be if he doesn't want to see it).

fixed for you.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, kg01 said:

Fair points but it seems fairly clear we need to play faster.  Getting stops is key but, let's be honest, there's been several games where we've absolutely struggled to keep up with teams who's defense is subpar but who make it a point to play fast.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand the role of playing better defense here.  But, for us, we basically play into the defense's hands by allowing them to get set exactly how they want every time.  

Yeah, that Sacramento game was a good example. We were intentionally pushing the pace in that game because they played in a back to back. Early in the game it worked to our advantage but because they are a team that likes to play with even more pace, we played right in to their hands and it took a last minute bucket for us to win. The key is being able to play different paces and adjust to the team we are playing against. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AHF said:

I deleted the second one because I was confused too.  I said to myself, "I can believe that Hunter has averaged 20 and 5.8 rpg for a stretch but I can't believe under any circumstances he has averaged over 5 assists and over 2 blocks + steals.  If Hunter has ever gotten 5 or more assists, it could only have happened once or twice in his career.

Just saw that you had deleted the 2nd one after I replied.  Thanks.

• Like 1

@TheNorthCydeRises Fully Healthy Hawks +140 versus the Mavs with Finney-Smith and Tim Jr out.  I’m super cautious of my NBA bets but I had to jump on that shit like white on rice.

Yall need to cool it with the “refs love the heat” schtick.  If Kyle and Ded had played y’all would’ve had a conniption fit lol.  

They’re dead last in scoring and 25th in FT attempts: they got way more problems than “being dirty/ foul baiting.”  I didn’t hear any complaints from Celtics players or fans after a 7 game series, just let it rest, eh?  Hawks need to get tougher physically and mentally to reach the next level, we should be thanking the heat for challenging them to do so.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, benhillboy said:

@TheNorthCydeRises Fully Healthy Hawks +140 versus the Mavs with Finney-Smith and Tim Jr out.  I’m super cautious of my NBA bets but I had to jump on that shit like white on rice.

Yall need to cool it with the “refs love the heat” schtick.  If Kyle and Ded had played y’all would’ve had a conniption fit lol.  

They’re dead last in scoring and 25th in FT attempts: they got way more problems than “being dirty/ foul baiting.”  I didn’t hear any complaints from Celtics players or fans after a 7 game series, just let it rest, eh?  Hawks need to get tougher physically and mentally to reach the next level, we should be thanking the heat for challenging them to do so.

It's both.

The Hawks need to be tougher and ...

The Heat need the refs to be complicit in their foul-fense strategery.  Oh and Jimi is the chief foul-baiter.

Lastly, I'm still not convinced you're not my heat fan BIL.  🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1