• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks -- The MLK Day Game!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

I will also say... 

Charles Barkley is right.   Maybe not for the whole game but for the end of the half, we have to play with better pace. 

I would like to see us transformed into a run and gun team but that won't happen this year. 

• Like 2

Just now, Diesel said:

I will also say... 

Charles Barkley is right.   Maybe not for the whole game but for the end of the half, we have to play with better pace. 

I would like to see us transformed into a run and gun team but that won't happen this year. 

To play with pace, you need to get stops.  It's hard to run just to be running.  And when you do that, you may end up taking more bad shots and have more turnovers.

We should always run when we get a stop.  But if they're making 3s, playing fast will get us in trouble.  I thought Trae actually needed to slow down during points of this game, not speed up.

And we haven't proven over a long stretch that we can run and gun with anyone.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Diesel said:

An Admission:

When Trae went down holding his ankle and the refs called a tech on him.. I was so pissed off. 

Why did Herro come to snatch the ball out of Trae's hand in the first place?

Actually... To me... the refs made some questionable calls.   Unexpected from a vet ref crew. 

Agree with everything except for the “unexpected” part. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

To play with pace, you need to get stops.  It's hard to run just to be running.  And when you do that, you may end up taking more bad shots and have more turnovers.

We should always run when we get a stop.  But if they're making 3s, playing fast will get us in trouble.  I thought Trae actually needed to slow down during points of this game, not speed up.

I don't know why it's so hard to get for fans. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, dalamchops said:

why would nate suddenly tell the team to stop moving the ball in the 4th quarter when clearly there's more emphasize on movement in the 1st 3/4 of the game.

Is he calling a time out, is he mad on the sideline when they do this. Is he darling a specific play that they are ignoring?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

That call on Trae for "pushing" Herro was ridiculous.  Something else I don't understand after rule changes are shooting fouls.  Trae gets so many obscure calls where the other team fouls him while shooting and it's a side out.  Jimmy Butler is driving to the basket and someone swats at his dribbling hand and he's shooting two. 

This is so true. They give Butler too much benefit of the doubt. Miami also does a lot of defensive foul baiting where they grab and pull the offensive player or the player blocking out for rebound and then flop back as soon as they player offers any resistance.  The refs fell for it a couple of times today but they didn’t call a lot of that crap today which was good. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't disagree.   I just hate to see when DJ gets a steal, he starts a break and he's the only one breaking.   You also have to have the mentality to run and we don't really have it. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Final_quest said:

That call on Trae for "pushing" Herro was ridiculous.  Something else I don't understand after rule changes are shooting fouls.  Trae gets so many obscure calls where the other team fouls him while shooting and it's a side out.  Jimmy Butler is driving to the basket and someone swats at his dribbling hand and he's shooting two.  

This was such a statement game, though.  They have led for two straight games wire to wire.  Miami hit back in the 3rd quarter and we stood our ground in the 4th.  DJM with the big boy shot.  That first half was so much fun to watch.  

15-8 in games that Capela and Hunter are both available.  

Can I just say if you breathe in his direction.. Jimmy Butler is getting a foul on you. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Fair points but it seems fairly clear we need to play faster.  Getting stops is key but, let's be honest, there's been several games where we've absolutely struggled to keep up with teams who's defense is subpar but who make it a point to play fast.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand the role of playing better defense here.  But, for us, we basically play into the defense's hands by allowing them to get set exactly how they want every time.  

• Like 1