• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Spurs

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

I give you all kudos for watching these games lol. I would if not for little kids, I rely on this forum for the ebb and flow of the team. It’s been an awful season though, and this game kind of sums up where we are to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

I wonder what the biggest decrease in scoring, half to half is, in NBA history. 

We just had a 48 point decrease!

Rockets scored 73 first half points and 19 second half points in 2014.

We almost got 'em!

I am suggesting that Bogi plays more minutes than Dre no matter what. Even if that includes some minutes as SF. This team is lacking 3pt shoting and one of the league's best 3pt shooters is playing 22 min and sitting on the bench at the end of the games. That is ridiculous 

12 minutes ago, Nash said:

I am suggesting that Bogi plays more minutes than Dre no matter what. Even if that includes some minutes as SF. This team is lacking 3pt shoting and one of the league's best 3pt shooters is playing 22 min and sitting on the bench at the end of the games. That is ridiculous 

I think the issue with that is Bogi’s health issues won’t let him play those types of minutes consistently. 

• Like 1

This is 2023 and it's a 3pt shooting league. You're not going to win games in the 4th with 35% 3 pt shooters on the floor. You simply won't. We already forgot that Bogi got us in CF being the second best player on the team

Edited by Nash

I think Im good man… I looked away at halftime to enjoy my Sunday with friends and see we managed to piss away a 20 point lead.

Play-In, play-offs, doesn’t matter. We not doing anything this season. This team is not built for success. Has nothing to do with talent either. Everything we lack is intangible at this point.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I like to wait until a game is about 2/3 to 3/4 done, so I can accelerate through the commercials and, if timed just right, see the game's last minute live.

Today, I got ahead of myself and started watching when I figured it was halftime.

This one's on me, folks.

If I hadn't seen all the AJ fanfare in tweets and would have been less anxious to finally see Bruno get some minutes... *sigh*... the basketball gods just really don't like it when I assume too much, and they let me know it.

53 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

@Nash  Are you suggesting that Bogi starts at the 3?

Should be Bogi at the 2 and Huerter at the 3... smh

Murray and Huerter trades were just stupid...

Our offense was way better with the spacing and passing.. Our D sucks either way.. Huerter was passable on D at the 3.. It was at the 2 where he struggled most.

And its not like Murray is stopping anybody...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Should be Bogi at the 2 and Huerter at the 3... smh

Murray and Huerter trades were just stupid...

Our offense was way better with the spacing and passing.. Our D sucks either way.. Huerter was passable on D at the 3.. It was at the 2 where he struggled most.

And its not like Murray is stopping anybody...

Huerter's defense was horrendous at the 3 and it still is for Sacramento 

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Huerter's defense was horrendous at the 3 and it still is for Sacramento 

It was good enough to get by Philly and 2 games vs Bucks..

Hawks D suck with Murray at the 2 and Dre at the 3 too....

Might as well have a better offense..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Yes THE TEAM…stops trusting each other when shit go left. Same problem all season. 

Everyone deserves blame. 5 missed opportunities in a row from others outside of Trae and that ignited Trae to go into hero ball. As the star Trae has to learn not to force things even in the clutch when things get tight. I believe these kind of moments are coach up moments that Snyder is the right person for but Snyder hasn’t been here long enough yet to turn off these bad habits and he’s still learning these players.

Star players always force things in the clutch.  But star players also make tough shots and make plays in the clutch.  Trae did just that on Friday night.  He didn't do it tonight.

As for the rest of the team, who has really came through in the clutch with their offense?

That's why I think Quin needs to let Bogi be a part of the closing group, even if it hurts us on defense. 

• Premium Member

After a season of horrible losses we've finally found the literal worst loss of the season. Absolutely mind boggling we lost this game. 83 points in the first half and the second half we didn't score as much as EITHER the first or second quarter. Unreal. Did I mention the Spurs have the NBA's worst defense too? 

• Sad 4