• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Mavericks at Hawks (6 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

11 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Can a .500 team technically win a championship? If we win the first game of every series and never lose back to back.   Has anyone done the math?  We may have found our formula to win it all. Lol. 

Lethal is trying to, with his .500 fantasy ballclub. 

He and I are in an epic battle for the Fantasy League championship.

Steph Curry's FG shooting will determine each of our fates.  He shot 5 - 14 in the 1st half.

There's never been a fantasy battle as close as this, on the last day and the last game of the fantasy season.

image.thumb.png.ee5b5f3ae26180f7f6e0fca0e93114c6.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Can a .500 team technically win a championship? If we win the first game of every series and never lose back to back.   Has anyone done the math?  We may have found our formula to win it all. Lol. 

If the streak carries over into the postseason, then we will lose the first play in, win the second, then lose the first game of the first series, thereby losing the series. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

If the streak carries over into the postseason, then we will lose the first play in

Maybe. Maybe not.

The streak has been both single game swings and two-game swings between a game above and a game below .500.

2023-04-02_23-48-50.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

lol this team is so predictable.   When there was 1 second left in regulation I turned to my wife and said "just watch, the most Hawks thing that can happen here is one of our dummies fouls someone."    Sure enough a second later it happens.  My wife was in the other room and couldn't see what was happening and just shouted out, "let me guess, Capela?".

This team is a punch line.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Sothron said:

It would be nice if we could actually string together some wins but...who are we kidding? 

Maybe they flip the switch like they did during the ECF run? I can dream, but they finished the regular season playing well before that run though. The way they're finishing this season doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. They're kind of hanging on for dear life just to stay in the Play In.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I am a little surprised that Kyrie and Luka have not been more successful together.  The idea of Trae and Kyrie in the same backcourt is still an abomination defensively and would not work but you would think Kyrie and Luka would do well together.  

But Dallas had a winning record before trading for Luka and then have gone 9-16 since acquiring Irving.  As talented as he is, I'm not sure Kyrie has really fit well on a roster anywhere since he played second fiddle to LeBron and decided he couldn't do that anymore because he wanted to be the lead man (and then went to play second fiddle to KD and Luka).

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

lol this team is so predictable.   When there was 1 second left in regulation I turned to my wife and said "just watch, the most Hawks thing that can happen here is one of our dummies fouls someone."    Sure enough a second later it happens.  My wife was in the other room and couldn't see what was happening and just shouted out, "let me guess, Capela?".

This team is a punch line.

The Capela Foul was Cap as hell. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I am a little surprised that Kyrie and Luka have not been more successful together.  The idea of Trae and Kyrie in the same backcourt is still an abomination defensively and would not work but you would think Kyrie and Luka would do well together.  

But Dallas had a winning record before trading for Luka and then have gone 9-16 since acquiring Irving.  As talented as he is, I'm not sure Kyrie has really fit well on a roster anywhere since he played second fiddle to LeBron and decided he couldn't do that anymore because he wanted to be the lead man (and then went to play second fiddle to KD and Luka).

I think you need to look at what they gave up for Kyrie as being the problem.   They gave up some defensive pieces.   Now Dallas has very weak defense. 

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

Maybe they flip the switch like they did during the ECF run? I can dream, but they finished the regular season playing well before that run though. The way they're finishing this season doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. They're kind of hanging on for dear life just to stay in the Play In.

We are the middiest team inthe league right now..  But we're learning 

• Like 3

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think you need to look at what they gave up for Kyrie as being the problem.   They gave up some defensive pieces.   Now Dallas has very weak defense. 

But it is broader than that.

Cleveland with Kyrie and without LeBron was hot garbage.

Boston with Kyrie underachieved (expected to be better but no change from pre-Kyrie) and then got much better once he left and Tatum/Brown took the reigns.

Brooklyn with Kyrie was a huge disappointment.  No other way to describe that Nets debacle.  

Now Dallas with Kyrie is winning 36% of their games and is going from inside the playoffs before Kyrie to out of the playoffs with Kyrie after making the conference finals last year and making the playoffs 3 consecutive years before now.  (Clearly Dallas would have been better giving a big deal to Brunson and not trading for Kyrie.)

For a guy as talented as he is, it just never seems to add up for a wide variety of reasons unlike someone like Jimmy Butler who isn't a world beater but always seems to make his team better.

• Like 3

• Moderators

wow the Mavs are really bad. 

I like the way we are playing a lot of the time.  I think Quin is a huge improvement and will get more out of these guys next year.   But it's kind of sad to see that Nate was basically getting all the wins he could out of the this group.   Not that i liked his style but we are still not very good.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

wow the Mavs are really bad. 

I like the way we are playing a lot of the time.  I think Quin is a huge improvement and will get more out of these guys next year.   But it's kind of sad to see that Nate was basically getting all the wins he could out of the this group.   Not that i liked his style but we are still not very good.  

That realization is hard to swallow. I thought the ECF run was just the beginning of this team's success. I did not expect to be barely hanging on to a Play In spot for the second season in a row. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

But it is broader than that.

Cleveland with Kyrie and without LeBron was hot garbage.

Boston with Kyrie underachieved (expected to be better but no change from pre-Kyrie) and then got much better once he left and Tatum/Brown took the reigns.

Brooklyn with Kyrie was a huge disappointment.  No other way to describe that Nets debacle.  

Now Dallas with Kyrie is winning 36% of their games and is going from inside the playoffs before Kyrie to out of the playoffs with Kyrie after making the conference finals last year and making the playoffs 3 consecutive years before now.  (Clearly Dallas would have been better giving a big deal to Brunson and not trading for Kyrie.)

For a guy as talented as he is, it just never seems to add up for a wide variety of reasons unlike someone like Jimmy Butler who isn't a world beater but always seems to make his team better.

Well, Cleveland was hot garbarge but Lebron brought Love and some others with him.   And Lebron is Lebron. 

You got a good point with boston. 

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, hawkman said:

That realization is hard to swallow. I thought the ECF run was just the beginning of this team's success. I did not expect to be barely hanging on to a Play In spot for the second season in a row. 

Player movement caused the Conference to get much better.  Teams like Cleveland, Boston, Philly, and NY are much better than they were 2 years ago.   We on the other hand have gotten a little better  but our jump isn't as high as theirs. 

Just now, Spud2nique said:

I love this game! :cheer:

Until the Mavs get Wimbeyama. 

• Like 3