• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks -- GAME 4

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Considering FVV wants to leave Toronto. If you are Toronto, do you do a OG for Murray flat trade. Do you do it if you are Atlanta

Do you think Murray will be interested in resigning in Toronto with a rebuild?

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Considering FVV wants to leave Toronto. If you are Toronto, do you do a OG for Murray flat trade. Do you do it if you are Atlanta

I don't know. FVV has always shot right around 40% from the field, but his 3 PT % is in the high 30s.  He doesn't draw a lot of free throws.  How is his defense?  Disregard.  I misread your post.  Sorry.

Edited by Watchman

30 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Here's the bottom line Diesel.  I just don't like arrogant people who believe that they've never made a mistake in their whole life.  How many times will he do the pound the ball into the floor with time running out, only to get trapped, turn the ball over or throw up a lousy shot?  He needs to learn how to manage time.  He's been in the league five years now.  This is a junior varsity high school level mistake.  And you can see it coming and know exactly what he is going to do.  Undoubtedly he is very talented, he just needs to play smart for a change.

How about you go to the games and stop making shit up.  Trae made one turnover and tonight and on his way  to the bench during a  time out I saw him tell teammates and coaching staff it was his fault.  He then played better. You're just making shit up because you don't like a person you've never met and are sitting here calling them arrogant. 

Get off the freaking internet and stop make accusations about people you don't know. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Here's the bottom line Diesel.  I just don't like arrogant people who believe that they've never made a mistake in their whole life.  How many times will he do the pound the ball into the floor with time running out, only to get trapped, turn the ball over or throw up a lousy shot?  He needs to learn how to manage time.  He's been in the league five years now.  This is a junior varsity high school level mistake.  And you can see it coming and know exactly what he is going to do.  Undoubtedly he is very talented, he just needs to play smart for a change.

I think all superstars are arrogant.   I don't want a team filled with guys who don't have the it factor.  Give me a team with KG, Kobe, and MJ all day.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just got an update that if Houston misses on Harden and that both Capela and JC are targets. Not just Capela. So that might ultimately help us in a multi team deal to make the team better since everyone loves cap space and TPEs. 

FYI: JC is a legit target for Houston if they miss on Harden. Want a big who can help the young bigs and a good locker room guy who can put up numbers. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hawks allowing 42% on threes in the series damn.  It’s like they got a team full of Kyle Korvers.

Chuck said “maybe we can get Dejounte in the studio Tuesday he ain’t gonna be in the damn game.”😂

Edited by benhillboy

Yeah I am on that trade Capela/JC boat, they are wonderful players but right now, they do more harm than good.  

@Watchman I know that you want to trade Trae and that is the fine, everybody has their own opinion but if we did trade him, who is going to be the PG and dont say Murrary (who will be looking for a big deal maybe under the new TV deal and whatnot). 

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's the fact that people would be willing to blow it up and start over, than to keep Trae, is what is baffling to me.

I've never seen a star player in which the fan base focuses on every single little mistake he makes, and acts like those mistakes define him as a player.  That dude is literally the best player we've had on the Hawks since Dominique, and some in the fan base would get rid of him after only 5 years.  That's crazy to me.

KG didn't even get out of the 1st round until he was in Year 8 and 27 years old.  Chris Paul only won 1 playoff series before age 26, and didn't reach a Conference Final until age 32.  Yet, we're ready to toss out Trae Young like he's a VHS player, not even sure what to even upgrade him with?

It's insanity.

Chris Paul is a good example actually. Trae needs a KD. A great player he can defer to. I don't believe the Hawks can win a championship with Trae as our best player. 

8 hours ago, Threezus said:

Honestly if anyone believes Markannen can keep repeating his performance from this year.  He would be a pretty good get to add as well probably even better than KAT.  Lauri if im not mistaken can play a bit better defense than KAT while also putting up just as good offensively and from the 3.

Nope.  We need defense and toughness more than we need scoring.  

• Thanks 1

It's going to be real interesting seeing the talking head shows this morning.  I'm pretty sure all of them will focus on Dejounte's bump of the ref at the end, and recommend that he be suspended.  Inside the NBA already did it last night.  And that's all that has been shown on social media for the past 8 hours.

So I fully expect the NBA to suspend Dejounte for Game 5, seeing that we're down 3 - 1.  People will think it doesn't matter anyway.

If that happens, here's what I want to see.  I want to see Aaron Holiday get backup minutes at the point, and see if his defense can really be impactful in that game.  We all know that he's our best perimeter defender, so I want to see if any of that can translate to this series with nothing to lose.

I would also not mind seeing a stint with AJ in the game.  May as well get him a taste of the playoffs right now, in order to prepare him for the rest of his career.

95% of NBA teams who go up 3 - 1, end up winning the series. But there have been some major meltdowns.  Here are the most recent ones.

• 2020:   Denver vs Utah ( with Quin as coach )
  • 2016:   Cleveland vs Golden State in the NBA Finals ( after the infamous Draymond "ball kick" )
  • 2016:   Golden State vs Oklahoma City ( which made KD say "if you can't beat them, join them" )
  • 2015:   Houston vs LA Clippers ( which marked the beginning of the downfall of "Lob City" )
  • 2006:   Phoenix vs LA Lakers ( which featured the alleged "Quit Game" from Kobe in Game 7 )

Atlanta have not lost 4 out of 5 since after the 5 game win streak in January, in which we lost at home to Charlotte and the LA Clippers, and on the road to Chicago and OKC.

Can the "Law of Mid" save the Hawks again? 

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Chris Paul is a good example actually. Trae needs a KD. A great player he can defer to. I don't believe the Hawks can win a championship with Trae as our best player. 

You can get a KD by drafting him (typically high lottery but a few mid and later like Giannis and Jokic), signing as a FA, and trading for him.  Id rather take my chances hitting on a home run draft pick than go back to tanking right now.  As. FA, we are unlikely to get anyone with or without Trae but the only scenario that is viable to me is one where the player wants to play with Trae (no one is coming to play with Siakim).  Trades are actually similar in this day and age to FA but a bit more viable.  Still seems like a scenario where we need Trae to make it work.  KD isn’t going to be happy coming to a team without a second star.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Much of what we have seen in this series on defense and basic boxing out is coaching related...Yeah I give Quinn credit for lighting a fire under Trae to make him a better team defender but some of the team defensive decisions made this team on a regular basis are just head scratchers particularly some of those decisions to double on the perimeter for no reason leaving shooters wide open time and time again is on the coaching staff in my opinion.  The technical aspects of individual defense may have to be ironed out during the off season such as defensive stance etc...This is something I understand but the boxing out your man on the defensive glass should have been addressed long time ago when Quinn 1st took the job.  The pick and roll defense is a total disaster especially when it involves Clint or Trae and I can't understand how that particular play is not emphasized in practice!  The players who really stand out to me as poor overall defenders are the same with 2 of them in the starting line up.  Clint Capela is the 2nd worst pick and roll defender behind Trae Young with Murray not far behind as he dies on most screens.  Murray has the added deficiency of not being able to stay in front of anybody while Clint has the added deficiencies of being a horrible one on one defender both on the perimeter and in the paint and now being a below average help defender.  In other words, Clint Capela has become useless to any team as a center because he provides no impact offensively or defensively.  Time to move on from Clint period!  I would also say again that it is time to move on from Murray be cause of his defensive limitation combine with his future salary demands.  The rest of the team just needs a good coaching structure in place to improve the team's overall defense and offense i.e. fix all of the player's bad habits and stop putting them in bad situations.