• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nuggets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

We need to shake up this roster. DJM signing a good deal was great...and we should flip him. Take the L in the PR department because yes it would be shady af to do it but he can't guard two's. He could guard PG with his size/length but that's wasted as a SG.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We need to shake up this roster. DJM signing a good deal was great...and we should flip him. Take the L in the PR department because yes it would be shady af to do it but he can't guard two's. He could guard PG with his size/length but that's wasted as a SG.

He just extended with us. There's no way we could trade him. That's just not it works in the NBA unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

image.png

Public Enemy #1...  Brent Haskill. 

image.png

Not letting it go.

This part time a** ref is trying to earn his way to full time by being "tough on trae".  Why?  Because that's what he hears the others complain about.

So he comes into our games with a chip on his little a** shoulder and makes an outsized impact on the game.  How else do you explain giving a tech less than 3-4 minutes into a game?

Then he goes into the ref meetings tryna get little pats on the head for it all.  Nobody wants that in the game.  

And it's no coincidence he and Ben Taylor are out there in traes first game off the fine.  Not because they're gonna call a fair game, but because they have the ok to call the game a certain way against this one guy.

And I'll say yet again, if his plays aren't fouls, that's perfectly fine.  But don't give a soft whistle and continuation on the other end.  

Usually this isn't why we lose.  Heyul, we earn our losses in a myriad of ways. Tonight was different.  Congrats to Denver for getting the slump-buster ref crew to ensure your streak ends.  Give the lil' ref a pat on your way out.  Make sure he knows you see him.  

• Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Just give the real answer, don't insult our intelligence or act like this is 1932 and we don't have VIDEO EVIDENCE of (a) your gross INCOMPETENCE or (b) your WILLINGNESS TO LIE.

The real answer is we DGAF that we missed the call because (a) there's marginal penalty for it and (b) everybody will just assume Trae is whining.  Plus (c) all my little ref buddies will buy me a drink for stickin' it to Trae anyway so it's a win-win for little Bennie. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, Sothron said:

So let me get this straight....TS didn't want to do the trade, then he got reassigned then left, LF and KK took over, then they resigned DJ on a great deal, now they're gonna trade him? Riiiight! Sounds about right for the Hawks. Messy Ressys!!!

That's more than a PR nightmare - screams incompetence!

Sigh!!!!

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

It was a pretty textbook reach in lol

No, sir, that's a textbook arm-bar.  See, the reason the defender does this is because he's getting beaten off the dribble.  It's a pretty standard foul because the defender is quite obviously impeding the ball-handler's progress illegally.

In the ref's defense, the fact that his a** was in perfect position to see it probably made it tough for him to justify swallowing the whistle like he wanted to.  Good effort by him to make it happen. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Yeah I love Murray but he need to be traded. At it’s nice to have another player go and get his own shot but in Quinn’s system it doesn’t seem like it’s needed as badly when we traded for Murray. Bogi is actually the better scoring SG in this system.

Nate allowed iso ball for a whole game which made the trade make more sense but we are moving the ball a lot more now even though we have droughts where the ball movement stops.

Add to the fact that Murray isn’t a point of attack defender (at least not at the 2)….

we need to trade Murray. I wonder how many others will start to see this.

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He's also not trade eligible until January 6th and has a 15% trade kicker.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Murray is not the problem.  Right now, we're playing every game 2 starters down.   We need help at the 4.   Big lineups exploit us... and if Quin can pull the trigger on a big lineup earlier, we win this game or at least get a little closer. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Does anybody realize that we played the last quarter missing 3 starters and we closed a 18 point gap to 3 points.   Nor did Malone take his starters out. And it took some suspect stuff from the refs to keep us from winning. 

For all the bellyaching that is going on.. I hate you guys don't see the whole picture. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The refs arent on our side.. We need to stop relying on them..

I said way back when, "it's going to be the Hawks vs the opposing team + the refs from here on out" as long as Trae is here..

I guess nobody listened....

Trae already has 7 techs(5, if not counting tonight. For reference, the leader is Porzingis, with 8. In no order, behind Trae, the usual suspects. Luka, Bron etc.

Trae is the smallest of the bunch, maybe the least demonstrative against the refs, yet he's 2nd in techs. 

Enough said...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

So let me get this straight....TS didn't want to do the trade, then he got reassigned then left, LF and KK took over, then they resigned DJ on a great deal, now they're gonna trade him? Riiiight! Sounds about right for the Hawks. Messy Ressys!!!

That's more than a PR nightmare - screams incompetence!

Sigh!!!!

I'm telling you how I feel not how the team feels. There's little to zero chance they trade DJM after he signed a team friendly long term contract. I can just see the obvious after a season plus of this backcourt: it doesn't work. And we're locked into it for years.

And yes, TS got the shaft IMO. He was ready to deal Trae for a haul but the ownership balked. Once that got out it was just a matter of time before TS was gone. Especially after he spoke against the DJM trade and they did it anyways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

I know that lol 

Again, I am saying how I feel. We gave this a real shot and it didn't work. I don't think it will ever work. Trae's defense has improved (despite what the idiots on realgm say) and yet DJM has regressed. That isn't going to work.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'm telling you how I feel not how the team feels. There's little to zero chance they trade DJM after he signed a team friendly long term contract. I can just see the obvious after a season plus of this backcourt: it doesn't work. And we're locked into it for years.

And yes, TS got the shaft IMO. He was ready to deal Trae for a haul but the ownership balked. Once that got out it was just a matter of time before TS was gone. Especially after he spoke against the DJM trade and they did it anyways.

when did he speak against it? when was the haul he had trae ready for ? 

• Like 2