• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

I thought Wes brought some stability to the perimeter defense and his +/- says so.  He helped get Mitchell off the ball and scrambled to their shooters who had been having a field day.  He had a team high +8 followed by Bruno’s +7, everyone else in the minus.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

20 useless minutes of Wes for 2 points and  rebounds....Bruno 16 minutes 13 pts and 8 rebounds. 🤬.

I am so confused 😕

I don’t know why he’s even out there.  Between the 2nd TOR game driving in and bricking 3 or 4 layups to his continued lack of offense tonight, I’m clueless too.  His offensive #’s over the last 5-6 games are not good.  3-19 inside the arc and 1-13 beyond.  I know they are banged up and short handed but how does that equate to minutes?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

It was a poor decision not to play Lundy tonight.  Not saying he changes the games' outcome, but he competes on both ends and he gives you shooting that Matthews just doesn't anymore.  This roster is not worth abandoning a big picture approach.  You have got to develop players, Quin.

......and especially with Bey and DJ struggling from 3. 1-7 and 0-5 respectively and no Bogi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Chrimturn said:

As many points as they can score, if they could just play good D for a fraction of each quarter they wouldn’t have to fight and claw as much to get back in these games.  Too many ole’s and not enough want to.

They only rely on outscoring. There is no defense. We should expect to lose a bunch of games.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Another boring game. Get 20 down and struggle to lose by single digits. Props to Trae and Bruno, though. Bruno needs more minutes. 

And I hope this ends the 'OO over CC' movement. He's not a center. Allen just schooled O whenever they both were on the court.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That didn't last long, did it.  That great feeling after a victory.  

Squawk posters have determined a change in their thinking.  Big 00 should be a PF and not a center.  Bruno should be our #2 center.  We sure did miss Capela as Cleveland grabbed so many rebounds and flushed them.

Only one Hawk had the - Did not play - Coaches decision - and he was our rookie who is shooting 100% from the floor.  It was said that almost all 2nd round picks fail in the NBA when given the opportunity.  Apparently Quin believes this.

Get well to all those missing Hawk players.

:smug:

• Like 2

Just finished it. That start was absolutely brutal. They come out with no Garland or Mobley and we are letting D Wade 🤦‍♀️ just drain on us. It’s hard to climb back.. played catch-up nearly the entire game. 

We looked a step slow, tired, going through motions.. these men are young right? Like they don’t have jacked up old hips or anything right? Could have fooled me.

The sense of urgency isn’t there. 

Gumball- Bruno. Hats off to Bruno he did almost EVERYTHING right. More minutes. Right now.. Bruno is playing better than OO, or at least in this game he did. 

Regroup… get the next opponent. 

Go Hawks!!!

Just now, Gray Mule said:

Bruno should be our #2 center. 

He did well gramps, I mean he was positioned right and fought, the fight is making me love him.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

Missed the game going to local minor league hockey tonight. I knew a back to back on the road would be tough but thought with Cleveland's injuries we could steal one. Sad to see I was wrong.

Don’t watch it. Literally there weren’t many highlights for us, as a unit we played catch up all night, just a bad bad night.

• Sad 1